Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: pazuzu]
    #2929952 - 07/26/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pazuzu said:

Also, I was fairly clumsy with balisong (butterfly knives) until I tried playing with them on acid and then again on mushrooms. The mushrooms greatly enhanced my skills. Before the trip, I could do some basic opening and closing moves. During the trip, I found I could flip the knives up in the air and catch them either open or closed consistently. Again, to this day this skill remains.

so you were throwing knifes in the air and catching them while tripping?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSevenFlowers
Mystic Mixtec

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: kitteh]
    #2930218 - 07/26/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

heh, when i first starting shooting guns i couldnt hit shit. Now that i shoot when i trip on acid i hit everything...... 

... The question is, what do you shoot? :sniper:

--------------------
... just some food for thought.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2930477 - 07/26/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Music.

Playing bass on mushrooms for the first time had such a huge impact on me. On an extremely personal level I realized that that instrument is literally an extention of me, and since then I have long past my expectations of how well I thought I would have progressed when I started playing.

OfflineaNewPerception
candy eater
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: ekomstop]
    #2931006 - 07/27/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

heh.. one time me and some friends were tripping going camping one time.. the camping we go is out int eh middle of nowhere in the mountain woods. it was summer, so tehre were these big ASS horse, blood sucking fly things. we tied branches with leaves to our heads, so when we move, the leaves would shoo away the flies.. that didnt work very well...

my friend ,,"M" said.. man, u just gotta be one with the flies.... and he gestured to a fly on his arm.. "watch guys, ill pet it".. and so he did, stroking the fly with his finger for WELL OVER 15 minutes! after that the flies stopped bugging him. fucked the hell up outta me though..

dunno about a skill, but i think it was intriguing to share that.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: aNewPerception]
    #2931548 - 07/27/04 05:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

heh, not saying your story isnt true, but maybe the blood sucking fly was sucking his blood which is why he was able to stroke it for 15min? and maybe your perception of what really was going on is faulty because you where tripping? maybe he was just messin with you guys I dont know..

.. OR MAYBE NOT :grin:, its just a hard story to swallow if Im not you.. you know? :wink:

I can barely picture a bird or a squirrel related to our mindsets but a fly?

not saying I dont believe you just healthily skeptical :grin:

Offline69psyko69
Stranger
    #2931635 - 07/27/04 07:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I mountain bike, and on a lower dose, I'm able to cat-walk further and do tricks that involve balance a little better.  On a slightly higher dose (like 3g instead of 2g), my depth perception is screwed, and I had a spill going up the simplest of curbs.

The odd thing, while biking, the effects *seem* to be completely diminished, until I stop and stare at something... then wham, right back in. 

Also, I found that while biking, it seemed as if I was suddenly able to perceive more than 30 frame/second, the amount the human brain picks up liminally.  Everything seemed to be moving really slowly, things seems as if I was playing Quake on a really good video card at 70fps (I know there is no correlation, but ppl who play Quake know what I'm talking about).  It's almost as if all those subliminal frames that we usually can't perceive become revealed.

Are there any studies about being able to take in more than 30fps while  on shrooms?  I think of psylocybin as the NOS for the brain.  Of course doing a hit of NOS also feels like NOS for the brain. :smile:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: brybry]
    #2934113 - 07/27/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

brybry said:
Dancing

ditto. tripping pushes the junglist in me further than i can go sober.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: browndustin]
    #2934245 - 07/27/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I talked to my friends dog one time, and when I looked in her eyes I ran to my friend, told him to stop neglecting his dog. He needs to play with her more, she's old, but she still needs loving. His dog stuck with me for the rest of the trip and she loves me to bits, before my trip, she would growl at me forever.

That was really cool.  :thumbup:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2935284 - 07/28/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Evan said:
Quote:

pazuzu said:

During the trip, I found I could flip the knives up in the air and catch them either open or closed consistently. Again, to this day this skill remains.

so you were throwing knifes in the air and catching them while tripping?

Yes, while I was tripping I was able to do throwing tricks, and I had never been able to do so before hand.

OfflineSamoFilling
Little Elf Dude

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
    #2935286 - 07/28/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Once on 5g's of MM I was throwing small plastic beads into a cup of water from across the room and got about 12 in a row.

Another trip. While on DXM my friend and I played Street Fighter for SNES. It felt as if I had control of the character. I was dodging all attacks. Perfect victorys.

I'm hopeing to play guitar next time I trip on shrooms.

--------------------
I Found The Gift. Its not Much But Its alot for me.

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: SamoFilling]
    #2936381 - 07/28/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I learned the magic-eye thing. I used to work at the library and one day I went to work while coming down (I was still getting visuals and stuff). I just shelved books for a while, but I took a break and sat down to count the books. I looked at 2 that were different volumes of the same book, so if you look at them they'd look the same except for a few numbers. I stared at them and focused in a way that my left eye focused on the left book and my right eye focused on the right book (or maybe the other way around) so the 2 books appeared as one. I read down where the numbers were and they said "1" and "2" at the same time, or "1986" and "1987" at the same time. After that I could look at those magic-eye 3D pictures.

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
Re: Cool skills learned while tripping [Re: thepodman]
    #2941056 - 07/29/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wow. I have a hard enough time seeing just one of those images, let alone two.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom