Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprimal440
journeyman
Pin survival (vacation)
    #2924121 - 07/24/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My two casings are developing pins and hyphal knots in my perlite humidiied tupperware. A week has passed and I have one left for my vacations. I wouldn't like spend my vacations just taking care of my children but I also wouldn't like to ruin my 2month investment because of that.
I have read a lot of experiences of people who left their mushrooms to grow without taking care for them and coming home to be received by fully grown and mature cubensis. I have considered the idea of risking them and let them grow by themselves... What do you think?
They might slow down a bit their growth but thats not so much of a problem for me if they still grow and not get ocntaminated (maybe if im arrive and find my first flush all putrified?).
I dont think Ill be out for more than 5-6 days. What are your opinions?
Also, i've considered the idea of being hyper caring for them for these days and make them grow faster. What shall I do if I have them on the pinning stage? To givre you an idea yesterday I first catched 3 pins and now I see more and these first 3 have grown to at least 2/3 thei original size..

Thanks in advance.

PD: Please also give me your own personal experiences with something similar...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Pin survival (vacation) [Re: primal440]
    #2924249 - 07/24/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It takes around 5-7 days to mature once you see pins so if you say you have pins right now, you will harvest just before leaving. Then, just leave your casing by itself for a couple days and see what happens when coming back.

I see no problem here.

.fs.

Offlineprimal440
journeyman
Re: Pin survival (vacation) [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #2924268 - 07/24/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for replying!!!
anyways i think that what you meant is trhat when I arrive it shall be time for harvest since if I left in 7 more days I would have only weekend for vacations. What are my chances if I leave em the way they are and arrive in 5 days?
And again, excuse me if I'm too repetitivie here but what are your methods of speeding up the growth rate of pins??

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2924312 - 07/24/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Pins need oxygen and moisture, and the right temp 70-75f helps. :wink:

As for leaving your stuff...dont expect much. :wink:

--------------------

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #2924540 - 07/24/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, i thought your vacations were starting next week.  Well like I said, if you see pins, you will have to harvest in around 5 days.  You might want to leave for 5-6 days.  Over maturation is not too bad.  Caps will twist a little bit and they will sporulate all around the place but they will be still good.

But hey, don't waste your vacations for your babies.  I mean, you can start over any time you want.  Vacations are more precious..

:wink:
.fs.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#2924551 - 07/24/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I put them in the ice box when i want to buy some time while I am out and about for several days. Never had any problems. The 50 degrees temps keeps everything alive but in a state of super slow growing. I have had pins invetro and left them in the icebox for 17 days and came basck to the same size pins. Put them out in the room and they grew twice as fast fat and juicy!!!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck