Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Hi everyone. I posted yesterday regarding these rye pints I tossedin a bucket of compost. I didn't pasteurize, I just wanted to see how it would go. I *did* cover it for about a week; there was little to no air exchange during this time, so this may have given the contams a leg up. After two days uncovered, there was some green mold on it and what looks like cobweb. I dusted the bastards with 25% h2o2 solution. Today, the green is much reduced, and the cobweb is...changed. I'm not sure what to do now. The mycellium just below the surface of the compost appears thick, white, and continues to grow. Here's the pic: If I keep spraying with h2o2, which concentration should I use? Is this one salvageable or should I toss it? Or perhaps bury it in my compost pile? Thanks all!
Maybe you should scrap the surface of the compost and apply some salt, then try using a pasteurized or sterilized soil as a top layer - just nuke some wet organic soil in the microwave for 10 minutes at max power. Leave the bucked opened in a shade or cover it with some cardboard with holes punched on it. Open the bucket 3 or 4 times if you use the cardboard. Burying it is also a good idea .... Good luck
Thanks. This thing keeps morphing on me. I also put out a casing that had some cobweb on it. Yesterday, that cobweb was grey, today it was all black. The funny thing was I dusted that cobweb mold with straight lysol--didn't faze it. On other hand, the strong solution of h2o2 killed the cobweb in the pic above. SO, today, we said "fuck it" and sprayed with strong saline solution. Will wait to see how things go. Perhaps removing and covering with sterile is the way to go. Thanks!