Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineepi
Curious Cat

Loc: Surrey, BC
101 Jesus Sayings
    #2923227 - 07/24/04 11:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the Gospel of Thomas, but it's a religious artifact found in the Egyptian desert about 500 years ago. I expect it likely that some will take an interest in at least the parables, regardless of what religion(s) you respect. They are generally accepted to indeed be sayings spoken by Jesus. gospel of thomas translation

Edited by epi (07/24/04 12:57 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineepi
Curious Cat

Loc: Surrey, BC
verbal diarrhea [Re: epi]
    #2923242 - 07/24/04 11:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

unfortunate; necessary.

Edited by epi (07/24/04 01:06 PM)

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Do You Enjoy Bits Of Tweak Talk Of An Uncontrolled Focus? *DELETED* [Re: epi]
    #2923282 - 07/24/04 11:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by kaiowas

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinebumski
cattle russler

Re: Do You Enjoy Bits Of Tweak Talk Of An Uncontrolled Focus? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2924136 - 07/24/04 07:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It kinda has to do with religious backrounds and origins

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Do You Enjoy Bits Of Tweak Talk Of An Uncontrolled Focus? [Re: bumski]
    #2924187 - 07/24/04 07:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

that's because epi changed it. before it was complete rambling and the title wasn't even called 101 jesus sayings.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: 101 Jesus Sayings [Re: epi]
    #2925042 - 07/25/04 02:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Fragments have been around a long time, but the complete Gospel According to Thomas was discovered not 500 years ago, but in 1945! It is an early oral tradition that may reflect original sayings of Jesus from an early oral tradition - earlier than the four canonical Gospels and before Constantine and the so-called Church Fathers composed the canonical Bible. Thomas does not expound a theology of 'vicarious sacrifice' - no 'washed in the blood of the lamb' language. Thomas speaks of a 'fully realized eschatology' - Christ is fully Present, here and now, not in the future, but in the Present. It does not characterize the Christianity that has been around for two millennium - a partially realized eschatology aimed at a fulfillment at a later point in time.

Later never comes. St. Paul just happened to be wrong.

The end of time does not mean a point in the future. The end of time means the transcendence of time in the here and now, a la BE HERE NOW and The Power of Now. This makes a Christianity that is commensurate with Vedic Hinduism and with Buddhism.

Anathema! Blasphemy! Excommunicado!

+++ TRUTH +++

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology