Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

how to get out of a bad trip?
    #2910479 - 07/20/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

any thoughts? some of you know how it is... it's extremely difficult sometimes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: toad857]
    #2910491 - 07/20/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

change the setting and if you aren't around people you trust, get out of there and find people you are comfortable with. Drink OJ because niacin brings you down a bit.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2910564 - 07/20/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

don't go into it thinking you'll have a bad trip

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: gdman]
    #2910570 - 07/20/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, prevention is the best cure.

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: MAGnum]
    #2910684 - 07/20/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Abstinence (from negative thinking)

You could always use a condom (of happiness and smiles).

--------------------

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #2911394 - 07/21/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey!

I was just recently preparing for my future trip and was researching Shroomery boards for advices how to get out of a bad trip, or let go, and some others. I have copied and pasted some good advices into notepad, but why not share it here? :smile:  Sorry I dont have the authors of quotes, well must be just some wise people from here!

here goes, how to handle (or prevent) bad trips compilation:

You just have to roll with it, submit yourself to the mushroom. Don't fight it, because it just becomes uncomfortable. Just accept that what is happening is happening, and that it will be over in about 6 hours. Listen to what your mind has to say. You may learn things that are quite important to you.

==========

The quicker you accept any negativity, the quicker it will dismiss itself. REMEMBER THAT IT WILL 'GO AWAY' and that someday you might even want it back

===========

Yes; just tell the person they can make themselves happy just by thinking about it, and put some tripping music or a tripping movie on or something.

Be sure to tell them it will all be over, but give them something to entertain them; this is important; and make sure it's easy to watch while tripping (or listen to.)

===========

If you feel things are getting out of control, pause and focus on your breathing, lie down and do this. It might be a bit harder to do in the midst of a trip from Hell, but if it's only the early stages of a freak out, I think it could help. I've managed to avoid what could have been a messy end to my trip by remembering to breathe, and I lay down and focused on it completly. Sure enough the bad times passed.

===========

People who have bad trips are the same people who take it WAY too seriously. That is not to say that shrooms should be taken lightly, but the actual trip, and what happens during the trip should.

For instance, if you're having a bad trip and you think you see spiders (just using for an example) instead of freaking out and saying to yourself "holy crap there's spiders everywhere oh my god!" rather you calm your mind, and take a zen-like approach: "oh, so now I'm visualizing spiders, I wonder why that is. What could this mean?"

Once you learn how to think like that you can control your bad trips very easily. It's kind of fun to slip from good to bad trip over and over again..

..just be prepared and it can be a blast! Gee, that sounds familiar :P

============

So far ever since i have taken these initiatives i have been able to completley turn my trip around to a good experiance.

1. Change the music
2. Change the lighting
3. Take a piss
4. Say "Im only feeling this way because im tripping"
5. Talk to my friend (normally i will start a random conversation, this seems to work best)
6. Blow my nose
7. smoke a cigerette (somtimes this can make it worst though be careful if it bothers u put it out)
8. Take a few deep breathes and try to relax yourself...most of all try to think of somthing other than what you are currently thinking about

===========

Actualy now that you mention it, taking a piss works great. Especialy on LSD. I notice that I will forget to piss and can't feel the pressure but my body is uncomfortable some pissing feels like all the bad energy is going out. Especialy if you think about all the bad energy going out as you piss. Afterword I always feel so relaxed and like a whole new trip. Even good trips are made better this way.

=============

[on 7grams] I kept saying "love, love, love, love, love" or "God" or something positive like that in order to steer myself in the right direction, which is pretty amazing because at that point I had lost almost any concept of who I was and where I was. I started saying "you're just on mushrooms Learyfan. It's a drug, and you'll come out of it." I started thinking of people who Learyfan knew in his life, such as all of my best friends and whatnot. I also thought of Shroomism since I remembered he was at the same festival. I also remembered to laugh because I remembered reading that laughing actually counteracts negativity in your body and mind or however that goes, so I tried my best to laugh. All of these things helped.

============

Just go with the flow... When you get the urge to giggle, then giggle, when you get the urge to run in a circle, then run in a circle, when you get the urge to flail your arms and jump up and down then do it. When you get the urge to get naked and climb up to see if theirs a candle in the street light well just dont let yourself get in that situation. My point is dont hold anything back and just have fun. Ooh and you WILL get those anxiety urges so remember thats its unhealthy to repress them durring your trip.

============

Exactly - if you remember that it is a trip - that you are coming back from - Im sure you'll realise that its like holidays - sometimes they are good, sometimes it rains, but you'll be going home afterwoods either way...

============

Oh yeah, and make sure to stay positive. If you start feeling any negative vibes, just try to focus on positive things. Also, if things start to get too intense, just do some deep breathing and tell yourself that it's just the mushrooms and that it's all in your head.

And thats it, have a good trip !

Edited by Psiledehysp (07/21/04 05:47 AM)

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #2911656 - 07/21/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That's a wonderful collection of tips man.

Aside from that I'd recommend having a lucky charm, or something familiar with you where ever you go (like stuffed animals and whatnot).

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2912999 - 07/21/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

In my opinion, the thing that makes it a "bad trip" is the fact that I am unable to get past the negative part.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: MAGnum]
    #2913130 - 07/21/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OJ doesn't contain niacin. Unless it's some fortified brand i haven't heard about.

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: Viveka]
    #2913143 - 07/21/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

they put niacin into just about everything. go look at a bottled water--it has niacin.

(and i doubt that niacin would do anything, anyway.)

OfflineHoodedForestDwellr
Terrorist/Musician

Loc: North West US
    #2922314 - 07/23/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Think this:

THE ONLY THING TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF

am I right?

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

Offlinebums
Stranger
Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: HoodedForestDwellr]
    #2922698 - 07/24/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

if you are tripping really hard because you ate like 8 grams of mushrooms for your first time then i suggest making your self throw up and eat some food then cold shower ive done this exact thing and even though i didnt nessesarily feel good puking food and cold shower helped

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2922843 - 07/24/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it's all in your head. just go do something else
when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Edited by felix (07/24/04 02:51 AM)

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#2923160 - 07/24/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

uhh.. turn off all the lights in a room, lock yourself in, and listen to "dark side of the moon" with headphones.

"breathe" is enough to chill anyone out.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #2923582 - 07/24/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've only had one bad trip, but I managed to pull myself out of it (Didnt have a sitter/anyone with me).

Basicly, in my mess of thoughts and fears, I started to think about stuff I read on erowid. By relating a 'bad' feeling I was having, to one i head read in another story on there, and then "Oh, well..they came out of the trip fine, so I will be ok".

Forced myself to think on happy thoughts, got away from Stimilus for a bit (listening to Penta when trying to get into a happy place can be hard, lol).

- Letting go. I found the trip was at its worse when I was trying to 'fight' the effects, but once I let go and got dancing and thrown around in the moshpit, and having fun, it went down to a fun level.

Just dont dwell on negative thoughts, try to relate what your feeling to what you know about tripping/shrooms to try and put some 'logic' to it, and that can help you deal with it.

OfflineSeppuko
Sprite

Loc: teh intarweb
Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #2925325 - 07/25/04 03:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

IAmTheWalrus212 said:
Abstinence (from negative thinking)

You could always use a condom (of happiness and smiles).

hahaha :p

--------------------
if I mention anything about the posession or production of illegal mushrooms, I am making it up.

Anonymous

#2925634 - 07/25/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

an 8th of prevention is worth an ounce of cure.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#2927830 - 07/26/04 02:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Give it time, man. Your body will adjust.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2932377 - 07/27/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the amount of niacin in (or added) to most foods or beverages is miniscule...
dr abram hoffer recommends several hundred milligrams of niacinamide (a non-flushing form of niacin, vitamin B3) to terminate "lsd psychosis" --- i find that even 100 milligrams can sorta slow things down quite a bit in like 30-45 minutes...

YMMV

(p.s. ummmmm, utfse)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: how to get out of a bad trip? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2932631 - 07/27/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

non flushing as in it won't make you break out and your skin swell like the one trip on erowid where the guy took niacin. (niacin nightmare I think).

gnrm, you have experiance with niacinamide terminating trips?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom