Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepschumach
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: Source]
    #2916413 - 07/22/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I really like this post :smile:.  It's interesting to see how many people have had similar experiences.

Source - No, I never saw this painting before the first time I saw the language.  Infact I don't think I had seen a single Alex Grey painting until I had tripped at least 5 or 6 times. 

Just a sidenote - One time I took 4 grams of dried mushrooms and the effects came on super fast.  I was just sitting in my chair waiting for my stomach to settle and when I looked into my carpet it was completly covered in this language. I mean, it was basically the only thing I could "see". For about a quarter of a second this REALLY freaked me out because I had only dosed 5-10 minutes prior to this INTENSE vision, but as soon as that scary thought entered my head the "carpet-language" sucked my entire being in and I was gone for about 2 hours :smile:.  It was a good trip.

It truly is a strange occurence because, like others have stated, as soon as I try to read this language, it dissapears and I have to concentrate to get them to return.

Let's keep this thread goin' :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2916527 - 07/22/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I had a dream/vision once where I was outdoors in a field and this object started coming straight down from the sky. It was white and shaped like an oval and inflated like a balloon as it approached the ground in front of me.

There were symbols (I would call them glyphs) all around the outer edge. The only one I recognized was a blazing sun. In the center of the object written in large cursive letters colored in purple were the words "Legendary Eternal Gratitude."

I'm still scratching my head over that one.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineBlue_Apocalypse
Central NervousSystem

Loc: Illinois
    #2917902 - 07/22/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Where do you think the alphabet came from?  :blazed:

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: CJay]
    #2918937 - 07/23/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
It reminds me of the ribbons of DNA I see which can be traversed and entered by my consciousness, but most of the language I find is at least 3 dimensional and emits the thing we usually need words to describe. In other words there is no sign and no signified, when I 'speak' the thing is emitted (often amongst the patterns which are everywhere, my consciousnes lies amongst the strands of DNA and the ultra weak lazer light they emit), and when I am 'spoken to' I do not hear and translate - I see and know. The only way I understand is by feeling, and by the obviousness of the metaphor which IS before my eyes.

I actually find biology quite useful - and when many of the visions of the ancient shamans that have been turned into paintings are compared to microscope images of DNA level activity, there are suprising similarities.

DNA is the language of all biological life, the plants speak it, the animals speak it, everything speaks it.

Of course we can go beyond the DNA...for it is by no means the start point of consciousness, but I personally believe DNA is an interface between the physical and the soul, which we can learn to use.

Or some shit like that anyway

That was good, man! Definitely got me thinking.

Yeah, DNA itself is really a language. It's interesting that you bring that up because DNA is also a very common vision for me.

It sounds like you have experienced a very high level of language. The level at which every thought becomes the reality. Didn't someone say "we create our own reality from language"?

Maybe language is a common vision because it's at the very core of how we create reality. Maybe we are seeing the 'code' of the program that is the universe.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: Lizard_King]
    #2918939 - 07/23/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Me too...

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2918953 - 07/23/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I actually think they are from the visual field (& memory recalled visual field is a component equally) which XOR's (binary complements to the retinal pixels' color values, like an afterimage mix) with a preceeding visual field and in this way produces the residual candy pattern.

sure there could be a message as well, but that would make those elves very very smart ehh?

So you think the symbols could be patterns generated by the structure of the 'seeing mechinism' (retina, nerves, processing)? Like the patterns that show up if you close your eyes really hard and press them? I know if I do that I will see patterns.

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

#2919000 - 07/23/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So, do you think the language does not originate from us (ala dee)?

I like the 'Praying' painting too. It's cool you have a copy of that print, I was actually already considering buying one for myself!

I was hoping this post would get your attention. Do you think the language we see in our visions is a primal manifestation of the Logos?

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: pschumach]
    #2919018 - 07/23/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pschumach said:
Just a sidenote - One time I took 4 grams of dried mushrooms and the effects came on super fast.  I was just sitting in my chair waiting for my stomach to settle and when I looked into my carpet it was completly covered in this language. I mean, it was basically the only thing I could "see". For about a quarter of a second this REALLY freaked me out because I had only dosed 5-10 minutes prior to this INTENSE vision, but as soon as that scary thought entered my head the "carpet-language" sucked my entire being in and I was gone for about 2 hours :smile:.  It was a good trip.

So you never saw it before...that's cool!  Ha, ha haaa!  Sounds like a good trip!

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: Blue_Apocalypse]
    #2919061 - 07/23/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

O.K., my crackpot idea is...

We create our own reality. What we will we think, what we think we speak, what we speak we create. So creation is nothing but language as the fruition of will. The process of creation itself takes place within us, but the result of that process is what we call objective reality (outside us). The vision of language is a glimpse into our interior process of creation.

I believe that many wisdom traditions have asserted in different ways the essential truth that 'reality' is self created through language.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2920942 - 07/23/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - John 1:1

"Between the eyes and ears there lie, the sounds of color and the light of a sigh.
With thoughts of within to exclude without the ghost of a chord will expel all doubt.
And to name the chord is important to some So they give it a word and the word is
OM." - Moody Blues

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#2921175 - 07/23/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe all of this ties in with the theory that Philip K. Dick had on what reality is. In a shellnut, he thought that time stopped in 50AD and that what we are now seeing as reality is only the material reality, and that underneath this lies the eternal, the unchanging, the absolutely real.
Maybe drugs helped you see this reality, and maybe the language you have seen written everywhere is whatever the language was in 50AD?

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

#2921230 - 07/23/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Through him all things were made, without him nothing was made that has been made." - John 1:3

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Psychedelic Language In Sophia's Halo [Re: exclusive58]
    #2921262 - 07/23/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I heard about Philip K. Dick for the first time on "Waking Life". I have come to similar conclusions regarding the nature of time and the 'Christ' mythos.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom