Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
bai bai research chems
    #2918966 - 07/23/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i know this has been cross posted but i think its important for everyone to see...the sites busted are still up so who knows if the DEA is trying to entrap people...the days of legal 2c-i are over :frown: :frown: dont order NEmore chems

w ww.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr072204.html

Edit by Papaver: Please cut-and-paste government URLs into a new browser window, and not click on them as hyper-links, as that creates a click-trail back to the Shroomery in the government's server. Thanks.

WASHINGTON, DC ? DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy today announced the culmination of ?Operation Web Tryp? that resulted in ten arrests and targeted five websites. Operation Web Tryp investigated Internet websites distributing highly dangerous designer drug analogues under the guise of ?research chemicals? primarily shipped to the U.S. from China and India. These websites are known to have thousands of customers worldwide. One website operator is known to conduct estimated sales of $20,000 per week, while another is known to have been in business for more than five years. These websites sold substances that led to the fatal overdose of at least two individuals and 14 non-fatal overdoses.

?The Internet has become the street corner for many drug users and traffickers. Drug pushers who use the Internet will find themselves out of business and behind bars,? Administrator Tandy said. ?These dealers now enter into the privacy of our own homes to entice and sell destruction to our children veiled under the illusion of being safe and legal. The formulation of analogues is like a drug dealer?s magic trick meant to fool law enforcement. They didn?t fool us and we must educate our children so they are not fooled either. Today?s action will help prevent future deaths and overdoses, and will serve as notice for those dealing in designer drugs and the illegal use of the Internet.?

ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS

This operation resulted in the following website operators arrests on July 21, 2004:

www.RACRESEARCH.COM and www.DUNCANLABPRODUCTS.COM
April Curtis and Doug Thompson, website operators of www.RACRESEARCH.COM, were arrested yesterday, July 21, in Arizona and Georgia, respectively. The arrests are based on charges of conspiracy to distribute controlled substance analogues out of the Southern District of New York. www.RACRESEARCH.COM has so far been linked to non-fatal overdoses of two college students. This investigation by DEA New York and the New York Police Department also uncovered the illegal distribution of designer drugs on www.DUNCANLABPRODUCTS.COM . This site was operated by Raymond Duncan and supplied by April Curtis. Duncan was arrested yesterday, July 21, in California based on charges of conspiracy to distribute controlled substance analogues. Both websites were voluntarily terminated.

www.PONDMAN.NU
David Linder, website operator of www.PONDMAN.NU was arrested yesterday. This investigation was conducted by DEA and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service in Norfolk, VA. The above site, which purportedly sold landscape supplies, also sold designer drugs. Linder supplied these drugs to U.S.-based Navy personnel who later held rave-style parties to facilitate further distribution. To date, an overdose death of an 18-year-old male and three non-fatal overdoses causing serious bodily injuries have been linked to www.PONDMAN.NU. Linder is charged with conspiracy to distribute controlled substance analogues out of the Eastern District of Virginia. This website will be voluntarily terminated.

www.AMERICANCHEMICALSUPPLY.COM
DEA Baton Rouge, LA initiated this investigation that resulted in yesterday?s arrest of Michael Burton, operator of www.AMERICANCHEMICALSUPPLY.COM. Charges against Burton and an unidentified coconspirator include illegal distribution with enhanced penalties for causing death, aiding and abetting, and forfeiture out of the Middle District of Louisiana. A restraining order will be issued to prevent use of this website.

www.OMEGAFINECHEMICALS.COM
DEA San Diego yesterday arrested Thomas Kasper, Joseph Kasper, Beth Badrak, and Elaine Villalobos, all California residents, on conspiracy charges to distribute controlled substance analogues, distribution of controlled substance analogues to individuals under the age of 21, and money laundering out of the Southern District of California. These four operated www.OMEGAFINECHEMICALS.COM. In addition to the arrests, DEA used warrants to search the Omega Business address, and the residence of Beth Badrak and Tom Kasper in Santa Barbara, CA. A seizure warrant will be served on the Omega website. Two bank accounts were also seized.

BACKGROUND ON DESIGNER DRUGS FROM OPERATION WEB TRYP

The products sold by the above mentioned websites are synthetic substances chemically identified as tryptamines, piperazines, and phenylethylamines. Some of these substances are specifically restricted under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) while others, when intended for human consumption, are controlled under the Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act (CSAEA). Prior to the CSAEA, chemists would cause slight changes in the molecular structure of a controlled substance to circumvent the CSA. The CSAEA was enacted to arm law enforcement with the tools needed to stay one step ahead of the drug dealers? innovations. On the street and in Internet chat rooms these substances go by innocuous names such as ?Foxy Methoxy? and ?DIPT.? Many young people are led to believe that these substances are a form of ?legal? Ecstasy or LSD because they produce similar hallucinogenic effects. Adolescents and young adults are primary abusers of these chemicals. Many have the false impression that they are not as harmful or addictive as mainstream drugs such as heroin or cocaine. This is a highly dangerous emerging drug trend. Because the recommended dosages can vary by as little as a milligram, any slight miscalculation can cause fatal results.

OVERDOSE VICTIMS

In April 2002, an 18-year-old male in Hancock, New York died after consuming a chemical obtained from www.PONDMAN.NU. A 19-year-old male friend of the decedent later confirmed using similar chemicals obtained from www.PONDMAN.NU that resulted in him suffering from seizures, floating spots in his vision, memory lapses, uncontrollable teeth grinding and large lumps that would appear and disappear periodically on his face and neck.

In December 2003, police responded to a call of a college student found unconscious, unresponsive and turning blue on the kitchen floor of a residence in Fairhaven, Massachusetts. He had been lying on the floor for 45 minutes before a call for help was made. This student was suffering from the ingestion of a substance he obtained from www.RACRESEARCH.COM. This overdose victim now suffers from chronic, violent seizures.

In March 2004, a 22-year-old male resident of St. Francisville, Louisiana died after ingesting a substance he believed to be similar to Ecstasy. When found by his mother he asked to be driven to the hospital where he died three days later. His body temperature had reached an astounding 108 degrees. It was later found that the substance used was sent from www.AMERICANCHEMICALSUPPLY.COM, one of the targeted websites in this investigation.

These website operators attempted to give an appearance of legitimacy to their websites by presumably selling these chemicals to bona fide researchers; however, a review of customer lists revealed purchasers with e-mail addresses such as [Email]acidtripo420@;[/Email] [Email]ecstasylight@;[/Email] [Email]madtriper17@;[/Email] [Email]moontripperdipt@;[/Email] [Email]partys_with_glow_sticks@;[/Email] [Email]professor@;[/Email] [Email]psychedelic_stoner@;[/Email] and [Email]ravergirlny@.[/Email]

Can these drugs actually cause mad seizures, because I have been offered 2C-I and now this shit is freaking me out.

Edited by Papaver (07/23/04 09:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2919015 - 07/23/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

probably propaganda.... or very rare

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #2919023 - 07/23/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OMG!!!
a handful of deaths! the same amount the entire US suffers in a single weeknight of drinking booze. Lock up your children or they'll be lured into doing some Foxy Methoxy....

When will reason prevail?

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2919029 - 07/23/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OMG!!! Over the course of how many years they sold drugs to a couple dumb fucks how probably took way to much.

In other news, today 50,000 pple died of lung cancer. Scientists are baffled.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: blink]
    #2919034 - 07/23/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

canada is calling my name....fuck this nazi gov't

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2919184 - 07/23/04 02:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm, this is sourt of like operation liberty bong. They didn't scedual anything. Instead they just decided to bust the richest people, and leme guess? sieze they'r assets.
than in a couple of months after the next headshop shakedown, they'll do the same with chems again.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2919263 - 07/23/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

And all the while the pharms and their cronies in the FDA continue to market their taxable addictive/side-effect causing synthetic drugs. It's the War against SOME drugs.

Drugs are okay fine and dandy as long as Uncle Sam is the pusher.
Uncle Sam is the biggest and baddest drug dealer on the block.

What a sham.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: Jellric]
    #2919385 - 07/23/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Won't somebody plz think of the children!?"
err.. These drugs are invading our homes and threatening our children by being marketed as safe and legal? Haha I'm sure on these websites it says "You can injest this and will be perfectly safe" HA!

It'd be good if that quote actually mentioned who the hell said it!
It's also stupid how they mention these overdoses but don't mention the actual substance. Obviously harm minimisation isn't the objective but propaganda and scare tactics. No need to be specific all RC's will fuck u up and give u lumps on yer face! Some of these overdose symptoms seem scary! Too bad 'Research Chems' aren't at all researched apart from by all the trippers of course.

And that e-mail address argument HAHA. Who cares who's buying the product, as long as its legal. However i'm not sure it is. If it's as gay as in Aus that analogues act covers any type of chemical that might get you in any way slightly high due to it being similair to MDMA...

I'm not sure i get this law. Does it mean that chemicals structurally similar to MDMA are illegal or ones with similar effects? Or ones that are precursers(sp?) or can be made into MDMA? Or am i missing something completely?

It all just seems like an easy way to categorise any chemicals that ppl might use to enlighten their minds in some way and finally revolt and overthrow these totalitarian governments. I wonder why those in power have a problem with [some] drugs :rolleyes:

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2919687 - 07/23/04 08:18 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: ]
    #2919714 - 07/23/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bloodflower6 said:

On the good side, hopefully we can all quit getting bunk cid at festivals. :smirk:

A-freaking-men.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: bai bai research chems [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2920883 - 07/23/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree. I'm sick of people selling RC's as other things. They don't realize how dangerous this is. When I take LSD, I often take it in unusually large amounts. Just imagine if I thought it was LSD, took a whole buttload of it, and died. That would be bad. There's also the issue of mixing drugs. I know about the drug interactions of LSD and MDMA. What if I assumed that this was what I actually was sold, and mixed with other things? How safe can that be.

On the other hand, I do think that adults should be allowed to engage in whatever mind altering substances they want to. I guess I don't really know what the right answer is.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2920918 - 07/23/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Damn it. I should have gotten some 2C-I or E when I had the chance.

Oh well. I don't care.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: Learyfan]
    #2921153 - 07/23/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They aren't gone yet, I think everyone is freaking out alittle too early.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: gdman]
    #2921187 - 07/23/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So are people still ordering or what?

I'd be worried that i'd send money and not recieve the product. I can't imagine that any other company would take the risk after this bust.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: bai bai research chems [Re: Learyfan]
    #2921201 - 07/23/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

they only busted the good ones

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: bai bai research chems [Re: Jellric]
    #2921295 - 07/23/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
And all the while the pharms and their cronies in the FDA continue to market their taxable addictive/side-effect causing synthetic drugs. It's the War against SOME drugs.

Drugs are okay fine and dandy as long as Uncle Sam is the pusher.
Uncle Sam is the biggest and baddest drug dealer on the block.

What a sham.

You hit the nail right on the head! :thumbup:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #2921676 - 07/23/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So we can still buy these RCs, just from different companies?

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: bai bai research chems [Re: mushiemountain]
    #2921915 - 07/23/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think any companies will be dumb enough to keep selling them after this

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: bai bai research chems [Re: zeta]
    #2921952 - 07/23/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

are you sure?

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2922027 - 07/23/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

im just glad i got to try them all  :tongue2:

seriosly though... none of em really can compare with lsd, mescaline,mdma,shrooms

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom