Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Shatner covers Pulp's 'Common People'
    #2917213 - 07/22/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Brace yourself (although this is only a sample):

http://www.shoutfactory.com/av/common_people.mov

And here?s a poll for the hell of it.
:jammingout:
Do you like it?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/22/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: Shatner covers Pulp's 'Common People' [Re: Edame]
    #2918874 - 07/22/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:lol: yeah my friend has a whole album of shatner doing covers.  the highlight is his cover of the beatle's "Lucy in the sky with diamonds"

we used to get stoned and laugh so much listening to it. 

we never knew if Shatner was dead seriuos or just having a laugh.

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #2920244 - 07/23/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

god bless him

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: Shatner covers Pulp's 'Common People' [Re: Turd]
    #2922484 - 07/23/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey turd, do you listen to Ween by any chance?

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

InvisibleEdame
gone

#3222585 - 10/06/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thought I'd drag this post back from the dead as Shatner's album, Has Been is now out.

I listened to it today, and I have to say I think it's actually alright!    I was listening to it in the car, thinking the whole album consisted of covers and wondering what the 'real' versions were like as I quite liked the lyrics.  After I read a bit more from his site I realised that he wrote most of the tracks himself (the only cover was common people, and a couple of other tracks were written by people like Ben Folds and Nick Hornby).  It's nice that he's not afraid to poke fun at himself, it kept me amused to and from work. :smile:

You can listen to the whole thing on a lo-fi wma stream here.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3222706 - 10/06/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think I would be able to listen to the whole  thing :kodama:

InvisibleEdame
gone

#3223391 - 10/06/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't sure if the Shatner spoken-word 'gimmick' would be amusing for a whole album (even if it is only about 40 mins).  About halfway through he goes into a short unaccompanied poem about finding his wife dead in their pool, I thought it was quite poignant.  Then he beats you round the head with a track backed by Lemon Jelly:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder