Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

quick OBE question
    #2919509 - 07/23/04 05:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey quick question to everyone who has experienced OBE's, and more accurately, astral projections:

I was curious about your knowledge, if any, of such experiences before the first time you ever had one.
Are those the kind of things that you teach to yourself, or do you require some information from others?

that's all, peace

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: quick OBE question [Re: exclusive58]
    #2920026 - 07/23/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the techniques i learned were shown to me whilst tripping on shroom/rue. never seen them in any books. probably wouldn't work for anybody else.
focus on points where energy is transformed.
when you go inside just be quiet and listen.
if you feel yourself being forced out and its not comfortable, get up and have a piss or something.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2920059 - 07/23/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I had them a lot, naturally, as a young child. I just thought it was normal. Only I didn't know they were "OBEs" or "astral projections"..

Then when I "grew up", I stopped having them for a long time, and then I started learning (re-learning) how to do them. It interested me and sucked me right in, but not until I had a succesful one after weeks of practice did I realize it was the same thing that used to happen to me all the time as a kid.. except I didn't even have to try. I believe there are several types of OBEs.. those you willingly and consciously project.. and those that are spontaneous and unconscious.. and several combinations thereof.

But the point is that OBEs happened way before I ever knew what the concept of an OBE was. I didn't have a name for it when I was a kid.. it was just "the cool feeling where the room starts vibrating and I can see my body laying there from the ceiling".. kind of thing.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2920349 - 07/23/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

While I have had 3 such experiences, the jury is still out on whether they were hallucinatory experiences or some sort of reality. The first time was the night after I finished reading "Journeys Out of the Body" by Monroe. It happened as I was dozing off. I was 15 and it was not sought after, but accidental. Another time I had consumed 6 hits of acid and had the experience while concious and talking. I was 20. The third time was during a 3 day vision quest while I was VERY sleepy and dozing off a lot. I was 34. I don't know about the objective reality of this, but subjectively it seemed very real. All 3 were accidental and not tried for.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: quick OBE question [Re: mr crisper]
    #2921094 - 07/23/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So you learned how to have these experiences whilst tripping on shrooms and rue (that's cool cuz i am goin to have a shrooms and rue trip sometime soon), but are you now able to have OBEs without drugs, or do you still need them? Does what you learned while you were tripping work while you were sober?

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: quick OBE question [Re: Shroomism]
    #2921130 - 07/23/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

awesome, you totally answered my question. IT IS possible to have OBEs without having heard anything about it beforehand. This proves to me that they are not an illusion.
Now i just need to learn how to do it myself.

Anyways, i am very astonished about your experiences with OBEs at a such young age...i wonder what kind of person you are...
you don't have to answer this cuz i understand that its personal, but at what age was your first contact? and what was the first word spoken to you?

Anonymous

#2921709 - 07/23/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you have an obe every single night when you sleep. sleeping is going out of body, you just are not aware of it. dreams are an unaware obe. lucid dreams are an obe, the only difference if you became aware after you left your body, and the location isnt local. have you ever had a "dream" that you were in your house? there you go. many of you may remember having them as little kids, they are so much more natural to us then so we do not even question such experiences.

i had my first spontaneous obe with vibrations when i was 16. it was scary becuase i didnt understand what was going on. i woke up, or thought i did, and went to roll over but could not roll over, so i began to panic, i tried really hard to move then finally got up to turn the light on, but my hand would go through the wall. i didnt understand, getting more and more scared. then suddenly im back in bed layin down again, and i get up and turned the lights on. my heart was pounding with fear, i didn know wtf to think, was the house haunted or wtf was going on, lol. later i learned from a good friend to this day on the internet that i have been having obe's and she was very very knowledgeable on such experiences and taught me all she knew. the guidance does you no good if you arent ready though. even though i know a shitload, experiencing it is another story because i have yet to develope this ability to the fullest.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: quick OBE question [Re: ]
    #2922245 - 07/23/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"you have an obe every single night when you sleep. sleeping is going out of body, you just are not aware of it. dreams are an unaware obe. lucid dreams are an obe, the only difference if you became aware after you left your body, and the location isnt local."

That is a grandiose assertion and assumption. I would like to see the data to back up the fact that " every single night when you sleep. sleeping is going out of body" Sleeping is just sleep. People have dissociative experiences while sleeping, but there is no proof it is anything more than dreaming...as in mental imagery type dreaming.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (07/23/04 11:51 PM)

Anonymous

Re: quick OBE question [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2922463 - 07/23/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

lol, then dont take my word for it you silly bastard, i dont care if you dont understand, you already proved to me in antoher thread you arent ready for such truth.  When you are, then you can speak to me, until then, get over the beef you have with me, i aint got time for your old ass talking shit.

:ass: :lol:

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2922495 - 07/23/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

How do you voluntatirly astraal project yourself, Kottonmouth?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2922496 - 07/23/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you don't like being disagreed with then don't post. I have no problem with you, but you obviously cannot stand being disagreed with, for which I am sorry. Your personal insults only damage your credibility...they don't make you seem knowledgeable. If I disagree with you I will let you know as that is the nature of this forum. I do have to say that I get a kick out of your responses to me they are truly funny because you seem genuinely bothered. In any case, your childish put downs belie your true ignorance, but by all means flame away.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2922510 - 07/23/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

People should stop fighting over who is more ignorant because on the ultimate scale, we are all completely ignorant.

Anonymous

#2922571 - 07/24/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mag,

they happened to me spontaneously for so long that i just think to myself that i will be in that paralyzed state upon laying down. I lie down relaxed and they come on. its very natural.

Huehuecoyotl......you sent me a negative vibe with that post, so deal with the response you got, you literally asked for it. and now we're done. whether you understand or not.

Anonymous

Re: quick OBE question [Re: MAGnum]
    #2922621 - 07/24/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no, not all of us are ignorant about the things we say.  some of us do know the truth and try our damnedest to spread it.  But i fuck off and get pissed at times when i see REAL ignorance being said(eh hem...Huehuecoyotl), and thats bullshit, i know.  I am sorry Huehuecoyotl, for being an asshole in that other thread, its just that man, i wish people would awaken faster, i sometimes get irritated when people dont understand truth.  Remember you said that a person could not have possibly died, that near death is not death?  well man, i was all annoyed that you didnt realize that we are not our bodies.  your perceive it out to be that if we die then thats it, no possible way of coming back to life.  i percieve(KNOW.) that we are not our bodies, and sometimes our bodies will infact fail and we will leave them but OUR(our true selves) time here is not finished, so we must come back inbody.  I mean just think about it for a minute man, you say you have an open mind.  Some people die from the most petty shit, and other surive horrible accidents.  It goes deeper than just "he couldnt handle it, he could". Sometimes when we die, we are finished her, we dont need to come back, and you wuld NOT come back if you didnt have a good enough reason to or if you did not have to.  I may sound stupid, but oh who gives a fuck, i am trying here.

again, i am truly sorry, it is entirely my fault for getting lippy in that other thread in the first place, i admit that i am the bastard....you were innocent, just saying your piece, and i spouted off.  i know man, i know, im sorry, please forgive me for being a dickhead, seriously.  i know better than that, i really do.

i love you. :heart:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2922711 - 07/24/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

On the NDEs... I understand what you are saying and I have heard that before...and to a certain extent I agree with you. I just tend to not to want to get fast and loose with very specific terminology (dead) in a public forum in order to maintain a defensible position without my opinion getting watered down. I tend to think that if one can be brought back then one is not truly dead. I have performed CPR on 3 people in my life at a previous job in emergency response. All were clinically dead. The first one regained his breathing and heartbeat and eventually recovered...the other two did not respond. I don't want to think that the first guy would have lived without my intervention. I don't see anyway that it would have been possible. That is one reason for my view on this. Do I discount spiritual influences? No, I do not. As far as challenging the view that we OOBE when we sleep...I prefer to adhere to the scientific explanation until experience shows me otherwise, because I don't want to support that which I am unsure is true.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#2922729 - 07/24/04 01:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ya sorry, but i can hardly agree with you that we have OBEs every night, even though i don't know how an OBE feels like. and your only argument to that is that sometimes you dream of your house. my counter argument is that last time i remember dreaming of the house i'm residing in now, it was like 4 months ago, and the house was destroyed by a comet, and also, i've been dreaming about amsterdam about every night for the past week, and i have no idea how to get there. i know this is useless arguing, but whatever

Anonymous

#2922746 - 07/24/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

and i as well see your point, and totally understand it.  Well the only way i can attempt to provide any proof is to think of when you are laying down for sleep and ALMOST asleep, and you suddenly jerk, many times its my leg.  of course i know there is a scientific explaination for this, but there has been times where i have slammed back into my body so hard that my upper body sat up half way and both of my legs flew half way up in the air at the same time,  :shocked: yes, pretty insane i know, but it happened, and i had a hell of a laugh becuase i knew why it happened(was into the obe's at the time, prolly why i slammed so hard)

no, it doesnt hurt.

also about "death", i do agree to you to a certain point in that the person is not actually "dead".  NOw....they ARE dying. "dying" becuase they still have a connection to their physical body.  i had read NDE account where many people have said that they were not allowed to go too far.  So i assume these NDE's are strictly GLIMPSES of what our true home is like.  in order to be "dead" in the regard that you take being dead as, you must be totally deceased, no connection to the physical body at all.  so hey man i agree!  but these people still were on their way "home" and the actual process of disconnecting themselves from the physical body was in effect.  its just their time here was not finished, they had more experiences to go through.

thats why i bring up the example of how some people will die from the slightest injury, and the same injury doesnt even phase others.  I believe that those souls that were injured enough to have left thier bodies were "ready" to go home.  Or "done" here, nothing more necessary to do.  And others that die from the same cause that do survive simply were not done yet.

Anonymous

#2922779 - 07/24/04 01:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

aw thats ok man, its totally irrelevant that you know that anyways.  but i will go as far as to tell you that we are taught in the astral and only remember what we experienced subconsciously. :wink:

now again, i know there are "scientific" explainations for what im about to say, but i will say it regardless.  Ever wonder why somedays you wake up feeling GREAT? and other days you wake up feeling like there is something wrong, but you just dont know what it is?  your lessons in obe's affect your soul, so you will feel the impact of them.

should i shut up now? or keep going? :confused:

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#2923216 - 07/24/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no man, keep on going, apparently you are far more experienced than i am in this domain, i might not always agree with you but its always good to here what you have to say, so keep the info comin!  :smile:

So you're saying that each time we go to sleep, we have OBEs, and we learn subconsciously from these OBEs.
First of all, i'd like to know what it is that YOU think that we learn,
secondly, i'd like to say i heard of something that is, strangely, very similar to this and it goes like this:

It has to do with brain activity during the  phase of REM sleep, which happens about every hour and half and lasts about 15 minutes. This phase is also called "paradoxical sleep", because its paradoxical to experience an intense brain activity during our deepest moments of sleep.
During one's life, the phases of paradoxical sleep get shorter as we get older. These moments can be experienced as being extremely pleasureful and can provoke erections with men.
Like you said, it seems that, each night, we have a mesage to receive. A research was done on this topic: an adult was awaken in the middle of his paradoxical sleep and asked what it was he was dreaming about at that moment. Then they let him go back to sleep, and they woke him up again when he was in the middle of his next phase of paradoxical sleep.
The researchers noticed that even if the story of the two dreams were different, they still had a similar 'core', if you know what i mean. IT seemed to be like if the interrupted dream resumed in a different way, as to get the same message through the dreamer.
Recently, researchers have expressed a new idea;
Dreams seem to be means of forgetting the social pressures. By dreaming, we are unlearning the things that go against our deepest convictions that we have been constrained to learn during the day.
All the conditioning that was imposed by the outside get erased.
As long as people are dreaming, it is impossible to totally manipulate them. Dreams are a natural way of resisting totalitarism!  :laugh:

Now what do you say to that huh?  :cool:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2923827 - 07/24/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Like you said, it seems that, each night, we have a mesage to receive. A research was done on this topic: an adult was awaken in the middle of his paradoxical sleep and asked what it was he was dreaming about at that moment. Then they let him go back to sleep, and they woke him up again when he was in the middle of his next phase of paradoxical sleep.
The researchers noticed that even if the story of the two dreams were different, they still had a similar 'core', if you know what i mean. IT seemed to be like if the interrupted dream resumed in a different way, as to get the same message through the dreamer.

i say this sounds good to me, the thing i like about it is how you say, basically, that the dreams are indeed different, but their message is the same. So i will say what i would have said even if you didnt say this. and that is the things we learn are whatever we are supposed to learn at that time. They are guidance to help us with the situations weve gone through, or going to go through in our lives. So we have that guidance subconsciously to get through upcoming situations, and/or over past situations.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag