Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreeFalling
Who's been herebefore me?
Weed Starting to Freak Me
    #2918770 - 07/22/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, I have a problem. A big problem, and I want to try and address this now, at this point in my life, so maybe somehow I can stop it.

My problem is with smoking weed. I love it, it's fun, it's great. But ok, here's how I look at things. Every drug is like it's on little universe once it kicks in. Weed, you get in that little universe of yours. Shrooms, you trip, your in that world. MDMA,"rollin'", your in the world. There is a different high on everything. When I trip on Shrooms I am -THE- happiest person around. I the best one to be around, the most fun, the most entertained/entertaining. MDMA, well, i'd rather not get into that hell journey. And weed. <-- Here is my issue.

Everyone that I smoke/ have ever smoked with, friends, family, aquaintences that later became friends. Everybody seems, 'normal'. We all smoke and they are fine. They sit around, relax, laugh and enjoy themselves. But me on ther other hand. I tense up, I usually become cold and very fidgety. I am very uneasy and VERY VERY untrusting. As soon as that high hits me, it's like a cloud enravels my body and it just seperates me from everyone and everything. No matter what it is we do, I feel like it's the WORLD, I mean the world. Against me. I feel like, they even called up people, other friends maybe, whoever, to come around and fuck with me. Do stupid shit to make me bug out and feel like i'm freakin'. I can't help it, everytime I smoke I try so hard to stay int he conversations and be happy with everyone, and just be normal, and be.. high. But I can't. My mind is always going 900 miles per second and everyone is suspect. They are all sneaky assholes. I grow it hate everyone because I figure out 'what they're doing' everything. And I put it all together and everyone is against me. I feel so cold, so alone. I can't turn to anybody and NOBODY helps me. It's THE worst feeling in the world. It's like being caught in a bad trip. I don't know how to get out of it, and it's like I can't because it's like they wont stop. I try to sit there, and close my eyes and tell myself "You're high, don't worry about it, this isn't really happeneing you just think it is" But. It doesn't work. I want to be able to enjoy smoking with people and "chillin' out."

Can anyone help me out? Help me get over/past this??
-Sorry about the length =\

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: FreeFalling]
    #2918895 - 07/23/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So you used to be able to smoke and chill before but now you suddenly have extreme paranoia? Or have you never enjoyed yourself with weed? I have a feeling there is not much more you can do other than telling yourself you're fine when you're in the zone. I mean, maybe some medication could help with anxiety perhaps, but I don't know if you are like that when you're sober too? Well happy trails.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

#2918919 - 07/23/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That happened to me, but instead of me feeling like everyone was against me, i felt as if everything was fake, and unreal, this isn't uncomfortable for most people, but i had derealisation/depersonalisation for about two months. And when i got into that mind frame again it really bugs me out, i tried smoking again just to see what she was like, but i didn't like it, i could controll it but it wasn't fun.

So i just stopped smoking weed, she was alot of fun for awhile and still is fun for most people, but its just not for me, so i just sit around and enjoy the company of the others.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: rocknliam]
    #2918947 - 07/23/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It started happenning to me some time this spring. Weed started making me paranoid and crazy. Fuck, I love my weed; but if I get any more paranoid and mistrusting, I'm going to have to quit or I'll make myself think everyone is out to get me. It's too bad that me and weed might have to part, maybe I'll do shrooms everyday instead?

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2919240 - 07/23/04 02:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

smoke less in social scenarios. it'll help, trust me.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: felix]
    #2919756 - 07/23/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

And smoke straight indica only.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2919832 - 07/23/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Many of my friends and myself have been fairly regular smokers for years (coming on a decade). Many of us have started to find ourselves in similar situations, although not with as bad anxiety or paranoia. I think at some point you just have to realize that you're not getting much enjoyment out of dope anymore so it's probably time to move on, or to find situations in which you can smoke and not be forced into those negative experiences. I have friends that I used to get high with on a daily basis who refuse to smoke in social situations now becuase they swear dope makes them anti-social and "no fun." But these same friends will sit around at night by themselves playing video games or watching movies stoned to be-jesus. Then again I have friends that can't leave the house without getting high.

It's all how it affects you personally, but it sounds to me like you should probbly take a dope vacation and clean out your system of THC for a few months, then come back to it and give it a try to see how it treats you. If you have the same anxiety or paranoia then maybe your relationship with Mary Jane is over.. it's not an entirely bad thing ya know :wink:. I found that if I don't smoke during the week days and only reserve getting high for occassions on weekends (and then usually only once per weekend evening) that I truly started to enjoy the buzz again... not to mention got a shit ton more work done during the week :wink:.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2919932 - 07/23/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

weed does this to a lot of my friends, we'll smoke a blunt, and afterwards, half of them are droolin idiots, just sitting there freaked out and silent, while the other half of us are goofing around talking.  I really really wish that we would all stop smoking so much, things are a lot more fun when everybody's sober (or on something else :smile: )

imho, IMHO!!: weed seems like a drug that a person could just grow out of.  it used to be a little psychedelic experience each time, now its just a sedative narcotic.  numbs me for an hour and a half, and then makes me anxious, takes away my dreams, and saps my motivation.  I'm pretty over the stuff.

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #2920308 - 07/23/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have this same problem with weed, a lot of ppl tell me I look and act like a junkie on crack when I am high.

It is mostly due to anxiety issues, i have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and prescribed zoloft so it's not quite as bad as it used to be, but it still happens.

Something that really helps me out a lot is exercise, even though I don't really do it. If you exercise that will burn up a lot of the energy that your body wants to turn into fidgety twitches.

InvisibleChronic7
    #2920365 - 07/23/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Im tripping right now and weed makes me have a good trip, otherwise i do need to stop smoking weed daily as it just replaces my amibition with an ambition to get high. speaking of weed...

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #2920384 - 07/23/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

remember im tripping ok.....

I re-read your post and saw what you meant, i actually dont smoke around other people anymore apart from when im getting high on something else, just when im alone at the end of the day....or after sex too!

Its weird how i started off having a ball with mates with weed but then weed kinda isolates you, it does cause all the shit scientists say it does but you know what....I just dont give a fuck!

wait... why am i wasting my high typing in this forum :-)

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#2920776 - 07/23/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rocknliam said:
That happened to me, but instead of me feeling like everyone was against me, i felt as if everything was fake, and unreal, this isn't uncomfortable for most people, but i had derealisation/depersonalisation for about two months. And when i got into that mind frame again it really bugs me out, i tried smoking again just to see what she was like, but i didn't like it, i could controll it but it wasn't fun.

So i just stopped smoking weed, she was alot of fun for awhile and still is fun for most people, but its just not for me, so i just sit around and enjoy the company of the others.

That happened to me on a bad mushroom trip. Everything became so unbearably empty, and sometimes when I was high from smoking pot, reminents of my bad trip would creep back... everything would become eerie and depressing. It sucked.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2920949 - 07/23/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rocknliam said:

This exact thing happened to me. It was really depressing, like nothing was real and life was totally meaningless and I felt detached from everything. I've since quit weed. It has taken me about a month and a half and I am mostly back to normal.

Freefalling: Alot of people get paranoia from weed. Lower amounts (less than one bong hit) of weed can be more enjoyable if you get anxiety or paranoia. However, weed is not for everyone. I'm pretty sure that it's not for me.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2921194 - 07/23/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Weed, long time ago really paranoided my ass off. But I learned much from that. To look behind the 'corners' :smile: Speak out, what you fear and it will show, if it's real.

Now, I sadly have not much opportunity to light my pipe, but everywhen I do, I enjoy the deep thrill within very much :smile:
It's just from the alteration of known surrounding-interpretation.
Find out, what is real, speak to your friends,
...and watch out for the black limousines :grin:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #2921213 - 07/23/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ive been smokin for abt three years now, and now i figure that the best way to smoke it is once every week, if you're in for the REAL fun of it...or once every month, if you're in for the REAL TRIPPY fun of it.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: exclusive58]
    #2921306 - 07/23/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
ive been smokin for abt three years now, and now i figure that the best way to smoke it is once every week, if you're in for the REAL fun of it...or once every month, if you're in for the REAL TRIPPY fun of it.

No kidding. You'd think blazing all the time would be awesome but I don't know. I went from really hardcore sessions every night to strait up no weed. Asides from costing too much money, it will lose it's magic after a while. I've noticed my friends go through the same thing, it just took longer to hit me.

I'm not blazing for atleast a week or two, from there on I'm going to smoke weed to reward myself like I used to. There's no point in blowing money and abusing gentle mary jane. :smile:

Offlinenickelpenny
journeyman
Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: exclusive58]
    #2921308 - 07/23/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yea dude your not alone...weed has a dark side and that dark side may be thinking your friends are being pricks. I hate callin it paranoia because its more like your friend or someone will ask a question on why you do this or that and you take it the wrong way. sometimes you just need to stop thinking.

I found out that weed fucks with me all the time like this..so usually when im around A LOT of ppl i dont try to get really baked. but when im with best friends and were all just gonna go skate or chill i'll smoke normaly.

I have thought about taking a break or a long break from weed..but then i sit home in my room at night by myself and smoke more then any person should do in one sitting and find out that..I LOVE THIS SHIT.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2921828 - 07/23/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i know what you mean, i used to be that way too till i snapped myself out of it.

it's not the weed entirely, it also has to deal with you. the MJ just amplifies it. you're judging yourself and others way too much up until the point you are making yourself feel uncomfortable. MJ will definately show you YOUR darker side. I don't htink MJ has a good or a bad side, it all depends on how YOU ARE as a person.

on shrooms you are way happy cause you're not caught in any ego games. And that's what you are playing right now. step out of it, and weed is really fun.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblespider_man
Here to help theworld..

Loc: new york somewhere fighti...
    #2921859 - 07/23/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

humm bump!

--------------------
I am your friendly neighborhood spider man!!!

OfflineOpioid
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Weed Starting to Freak Me [Re: Chronic7]
    #5208867 - 01/22/06 02:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

chronic777 said:
remember im tripping ok.....

I re-read your post and saw what you meant, i actually dont smoke around other people anymore apart from when im getting high on something else, just when im alone at the end of the day....or after sex too!

Its weird how i started off having a ball with mates with weed but then weed kinda isolates you, it does cause all the shit scientists say it does but you know what....I just dont give a fuck!

wait... why am i wasting my high typing in this forum :-)

Yea i feel the same way, like the first two years i was doing it i would start to get more and more paranoid and then i stoped for a while like 6 months. Then i got really depressed so i started doing it agian and i just dont care anymore. I usally just do it in my room and watch movies/tv or play video games.

--------------------

Edited by Opioid (04/23/06 11:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag