Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Question about growth times.
    #2917804 - 07/22/04 11:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well I would hope that this is not a normal how long will it take question. :smile:

AFOAF has some cakes that are pinning. It seems to take 7 to 10 days from the time the pins show up tell they are full grown. Is this normal or are they going slow?

So far It has averaged 20 days to colonize, 7 days in the fruiting chamber to pin, then another 7 days to grow to full size. There are only 3 to 6 pins per cake.

Info: B+, PF-Tek (2/1/1), 73F room temp., fanned and misted 5 times a day.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about growth times. [Re: Cyber]
    #2917908 - 07/22/04 11:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you have a pretty decent strain there. If you were to use grain jars, you could cut the colonization time by at least half. Try a few jars like this to attempt a casing while you do some cakes. Dont put all of your eggs in one basket...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Question about growth times. [Re: Olgualion]
    #2918042 - 07/22/04 11:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Olgualion said:
Sounds like you have a pretty decent strain there.  If you were to use grain jars, you could cut the colonization time by at least half.  Try a few jars like this to attempt a casing while you do some cakes.  Dont put all of your eggs in one basket...

This FOAF started 12 1/2 pint PF-Tek jars and 24 WBS Pint jars.

There is 1 1 /2 pint jar still colonizing (Running real slow)

There is 9 1/2 pint cakes in the fruiting chamber double end cased.

2 cakes contaminated.

There is a 18" diameter bucket with a 3 1/2" substrate of 6 pints WBS and 425 cubic inches of 50/50 vermiculate/cow poo

There are 2 shoe box sized casings 1 is 1 pint WBS and 1 Pint 50/50 vermiculate/cow poo (Cased 4 days ago and casing layer is colonized.) and 1 that is 2 pints WBS and 2 pints 50/50. (Cased today)

Then when he ran out of buckets  :rolleyes: he improvised something to do another casing in that is all WBS 2" deep and a 1/2" Vermiculate casing layer. Yesterday the myc began to peek through and fruiting (Fanning and misting) began.

So now that he is out of buckets to put stuff in he has been going around his house putting pints of WBS into flower pots (With the house plants) and covering with potting soil. I think he learned a valuable lesson. Know how much fruiting chamber you have before you start. :lol:

But the cakes are the first to fruit and he was wondering if it sounded right because most of the pictures make it look like they pin one day and 24 hours later there are full grown fruits.

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about growth times. [Re: Cyber]
    #2918186 - 07/23/04 12:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely not that quick (overnight). IME it depends on strain and conditions. 7 is probably a bit longer than average, but nothing to complain about. I have seen strains that take 12 days or so to pin, so you're doing pretty well there.

Sounds like you have a bunch of nice little experiments!

Good luck,

good things come to those who wait!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation