Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinogenic
    #2909252 - 07/20/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=64824§ion=News

Fargo police look for source of hallucinogenic mushrooms
By Jeff Zent, The Forum
Published Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinogenic mushrooms taken by two local men who reportedly overdosed.

In unrelated incidents, the two men, ages 24 and 25, were transported to local hospitals for treatment of psilocybin mushroom overdose last week, Sgt. Pat Claus said Monday.

Psilocybin mushrooms are hallucinogens that produce different effects ranging from euphoria to paranoia.

About 1 a.m. July 16, a patrol officer found a local man standing in the middle of 13th Street and Eighth Avenue North, where he was stopping cars and directing traffic, Claus said.

When the patrol officer approached, the 24-year-old jumped on the hood of the squad car, Claus said.

The man admitted taking mushrooms and was taken to a local hospital for treatment, he said.

About 1 a.m. the next day, police responded to a call at a downtown Fargo residence where they found a 25-year-old man vomiting and suffering from seizures.

The man had reportedly eaten mushrooms. He, too, was transported to a local hospital for treatment, Claus said.

No charges were filed against the men. Police declined to identify them.

Claus said police have no information to believe that the use of hallucinogenic mushrooms is growing in the Fargo area.

"This drug has always been in our community in a low level," he said.

Police don't know if there is a potential problem with the mushrooms or if the men simply consumed too much, Claus said.

"We definitely want to track down the source so we don't have any more incidences," he said.

MeritCare Hospital treated one person for drug overdose over the weekend, hospital spokeswoman Carrie Johnson said.

Dawn Zink, Innovis Health spokeswoman, said she didn't know if the south Fargo hospital treated anyone during the weekend for an overdose of hallucinogenic mushrooms.

She said Innovis is treating a growing number of people for drug-use complications.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinogenic [Re: motaman]
    #2909793 - 07/20/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well thanks for the heads up, ill have that lab torn down immediately.

honestly why would any police dept. give mushroom growers a head start if they ever wanted to catch them?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinogenic [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2914049 - 07/21/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's really not like that. They were after the source before this incident, and all parties involved are well aware of that I'm sure. Only difference now, is the police may or may not have an informant.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinoge [Re: motaman]
    #2915131 - 07/22/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Psilocybin overdose?  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Anonymous

Re: Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinoge [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2919474 - 07/23/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybin overdose?

level 5 lol

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Fargo police are searching for the source of hallucinoge [Re: ]
    #2920094 - 07/23/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

left his body probably, I gusse someone who knows nothing could interperate that as a siezure. It's not. Happened to me a few times, pretty intense.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies