Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Negative / Positive
    #2914956 - 07/22/04 07:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I tend to view things from a negative point of view, making my life horrible and gloom.

What is your first view on things, be honest and really check if what you think is really so.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Negative / Positive [Re: Fliquid]
    #2914959 - 07/22/04 07:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm usualy a pessimest, so negative. But I've been gettin better at it.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative / Positive [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2914961 - 07/22/04 07:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder if there are any negative people who were ever able to fully become positive viewing people. I didn't meet any so far.
It makes me wonder if its possible to become a positive viewing person.

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2914965 - 07/22/04 07:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Why not? It's all your own perspective of things. Looking at something in a positive or negative way is just looking at it from a different angle or perspective. That's all.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative / Positive [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2915030 - 07/22/04 08:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't fully agree, it's also something that gets passed on from your parents.

--------------------

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: WNY
    #2915059 - 07/22/04 08:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i tend to think negativly about actions and events to stay on the safe side, rather than saying "hey, lets do it" i'm the one that asks all the questions about everything bad that can go wrong, i improved alot though

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2915071 - 07/22/04 08:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I feel yuo cant really just have negative and positive. Almost reminds me of the lifeline scene in donnie darko.

I view things from a 'realist' point of view. It can be either negative orpositive depending on how it effects me or others around me.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2915132 - 07/22/04 09:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's important to remember that, as symmetrical beings formed by the union of two things (egg/sperm) that is only a one-ness for a brief amount of time before it starts dividing, that we are eternally fighting this split, this either/or, and though it's impossible to hold the worldview eternally that there is no good or bad, only is-ness, it's good to remind yourself of that...

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2915162 - 07/22/04 10:05 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I am a pessimist, but with will power I have been able to be more positive.  :smile:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative / Positive [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2915169 - 07/22/04 10:10 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

For me its not a conscious pattern, it's more a natural routine.
So I guess It could also be a form of habit, and I guess if it's a habit... you should be able to work on getting out of the habit...

But I guess the fact that I don't do it conscious, I need to really work on thinking what I'm thinking.. But you need good alternative examples to be able to do something in a differend way..

Damn this is starting to be clear and also pretty complex... :nut:

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Fliquid]
    #2915171 - 07/22/04 10:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Male

Re: Negative / Positive [Re: ]
    #2915184 - 07/22/04 10:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I just read this crazy book called The Crying of Lot 49 (with LSD mentions equidistant from the beginning and end of the book.) The whole thing can be read in a really psychedelic way - the plot, the characters, are all metaphors for the main character's (Oedipa Maas) mind...makes me think a lot about the idea that the entire world around you is a reflection of yourself - the only way you can glean information from the world is through sensory input, but then we have this extra ability to build EMOTION on top of EXPERIENCE..woah. Intense. Anyway, you can sort of think of it as, for every single person, the world around them, every bit of it, is a reflection of the self - since we can never define the self, we build it by looking to externals since we don't live in some sort of eternal silent darkness...so if you think of the world around you as a construct of your own mind (but that will still continue on in the minds of others once you die) you realize you have a lot more control of things you originally might think..not that anyone should latch onto the idea of "control" but I guess what I'm trying to say is...I have no idea. There we go. I lost it. Fucking morning rambles.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative / Positive [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2915216 - 07/22/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I think it's important to remember that, as symmetrical beings formed by the union of two things (egg/sperm) that is only a one-ness for a brief amount of time before it starts dividing, that we are eternally fighting this split, this either/or, and though it's impossible to hold the worldview eternally that there is no good or bad, only is-ness, it's good to remind yourself of that...

Could be, but I think this would be to basic/simple. On your path towards death you evolve mentally (most of us do) so you can program yourself to become differend. You can get into an accident and get amnesia, this will be like a hardreset. Full data loss, you would have to start all over again.. And I don't think the egg/sperm thing will have any influence. What I'm trying to say is that I don't agree and want to tell you why, but I can't really but at least I gave it a try.. Damn...

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Negative / Positive [Re: MOTH]
    #2915221 - 07/22/04 10:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I am a pessimist, but with will power I have been able to be more positive.  :smile:

Same here, but somehow the filter keeps beeing black even if you put a rainbow filter behind it.

Hope you understand this.  :smirk:

--------------------

Male

#2915230 - 07/22/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Fliquid, I definitely follow you but I think that time is a really important thing to try and get a grasp on and I'm always trying. I think where I came from is just as important as where I am and where I'm going, all of it all at once. After my first few psychedelic experiences I didn't think that way, actually...I started thinking about the moment, and who I am now, always now...but now I've sort of started looking to my biological development as being just as important in making me who I am as my mental/spiritual (hate that word) development..

This is a hard conversation to have. Let's play hop-scotch in stead!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#2915232 - 07/22/04 10:47 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Also I've been thinking alot about Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle...we think we can observe something and therefore figure it out, but Heisenberg theorized that the mere observation of something changes it, and I find that fascinating...so if I looked at something pessimistically (sp?!) I might in fact be having an impact on it just by looking at it with that mindset...weird.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2915742 - 07/22/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Is that you in your avatar? I want your hair.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub