Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRecycledBodies
PsychedelicAdventurer

Liberty Caps
    #2912466 - 07/21/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey theres this one part on this property which doesnt get mowed or anything. Theres some long grass there now and I was just wondering if I was to go buy some cow dung and throw some on the grass would there be a good chance liberty caps would start growing there because I was going to search in the woods when they came into season but it seems they dont grow there, only in high grasses and cow pastures so would this work?

Edited by RecycledBodies (07/21/04 03:40 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: RecycledBodies]
    #2912469 - 07/21/04 03:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If spores are present..

OfflineRecycledBodies
PsychedelicAdventurer

Re: Liberty Caps [Re: Miscusi]
    #2912482 - 07/21/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Would it be a good idea to get me some cow poo, toss it on the grass then buy me a syringe and inject it into the ground or should I do an actual tek with like straw and then just place it in the ground with some dung

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2914555 - 07/22/04 02:30 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If you search this entire web site and find one grow log that outlines a tek and shows photos of success with Libs please let me know. Ps Semilancetta is one elusive shroom. They are extremely picky when deciding where they are going to grow. I recomend that you 1st- find a pasture where they grow and learn WHY they grow in that location. Cow shit + tall grass + Lib spores= shrooms? No way. Thats not the way it works with those guys. They grow in an area that is known as "The sweet spot". The sweet spot is that area of the pasture where temp,humidity,substrate and light are just perfect. Find out what the sweet spot is and make sure you're, at least attempting to grow yours in a "sweet spot". You will certainly fail if not. Long grass is not necessary. Shade is. Shade helps the temp,humidity issue. Cow poop is also not a must, though some sort of nutritional substrate must be present, dung is best. Lib myc grows around the roots of pasture grass for the most part. Sensitive mushrooms are these. Ive been picking them the better part of 25 years and at times still ask the same question most have asked at one time or another. Why in this pasture and not in another?
The answer is the sweet spot. That answer just creates more questions.
good luck

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
    #2914577 - 07/22/04 02:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

liberty caps have been cultivated with a outdoor bulk tek, ive seen this be done in denmark.

your best bet will be starting an agar culture and spawn it outdoor.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
    #2914583 - 07/22/04 02:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RecycledBodies said:
Would it be a good idea to get me some cow poo, toss it on the grass then buy me a syringe and inject it into the ground or should I do an actual tek with like straw and then just place it in the ground with some dung

Not so easy, in fact this is a plan for 99% failure. Libs are hard to cultivate, even outdoors. If you are keen on libs you should hunt for them.

There are of course other strains much more suited for outdoor growing, which are not incredibly hard, but are not recommended for novice growers.

Check out the FAQ for more details on outdoor growing.

Just wanted to also mention there can be hundreds of billions of spores in a small field and only a tiny fraction of those might actually become mushrooms..

Good luck  :thumbup:

BTW libs are my all time favorite, I'm jealous if you live close to them, I now live far away from anywhere that they grow naturally :frown:

OfflineCactusMonkey
Answers only toCthulu

#2915586 - 07/22/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

One time I put some cheap manure around my garden and all these shrooms started popping up. I didn't know what kind they were a chalked them off as inky caps but now that I know more about shrooms I am pretty sure they were libs. What a waste. There was like a hundred before it got too hot for them to grow. Those shrooms were the spark that got me started in growing though.

OfflineRecycledBodies
PsychedelicAdventurer

Re: Liberty Caps [Re: CactusMonkey]
    #2915844 - 07/22/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm yea after thinknig I figured id just grow another species outside on my own and just stick to hunting the libertys. Is this why iv never seen libery spore syringes on any spore bank sites because there not popular to grow or not easy.

--------------------
Ill be that insane nigga from the psycho ward. Im on the trigger plus I got the wu tang swords so how ya figure.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation