Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
A friend i cannot explain
    #2910888 - 07/20/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Was wondering what the fine people of S&P would have to say about this elusive friend.

Lets call him G.

I've known G since i was 13 (i'm now 21). When i first met him, it was because my friend M introduced us. He said that he absolutely had to meet me, because I reminded M of G. G was about 15 years older, and african american -- so walking around, 2 young kids and an older black guy, got us some stares, and my parents werent too happy either. But thats just background.

G has a gift. When you speak with G, you tell him everything about yourself. Actually thats not true, when you speak with anyone, you tell them everything about yourself, its just a matter of whether or not the person on the receiving end can "tune" into it or not. Well G can.

He has told me things about myself and my life that he had no way of knowing, many times. He has also told me some amazingly intense stories about him and other people, a few of which i will relate.

The dilemna comes with the conflict of views on the world here. I like to think that everything is what it seems, we are biological, etc, etc. This is the only thing in the world that makes me think otherwise, this one man, G. People that he barely knows (or sometimes not even knows at all) will come to him and just say "For some reason, i feel like i should talk to you about this", and just start talking to him. He has told me stories of times in his life when he has heard a divine voice speaking to him, guiding his actions. He was at a church once, at a youth meeting with M, and a voice kept telling him to turn around and speak with the kid behind him, who he saw was on the brink of tears. He ignored the voice for as long as he could, and when the pastor welcomed the people in the back to move closer, the kid moved and sat right next to G. The voice got louder and stronger, and still he persisted in his avoidance of it. Finally at the end, he broke away from M and started talking to this kid. The kid tells him that he was praying with all his might for a sign that god cared, for him to send someone to help him....and right there in front of him for the entire hour, G was attempting to ignore the divine voice.

There have been many other instances similar to those. Wandering schizophrenic vagrants will suddenly become intensly focused on G and speak to him, almost in tongues, boring into him with their eyes. He looks back and they turn away, muttering evil things. He says those ones are posessed with terrible evil.

He has even saved my life. On a night when it was all coming down around me, and i was ready to end it all, i tried one desperate call to G, and he answered. We talked for 3 to 4 hours, and my mind calmed, i was able to deal with what was going on...no one else that i talked to remotely understood what i was rambling about, but G did, because he could see straight into what i was thinking.

How can this be? I feel like i've been blessed with an angel for a friend, but i dont believe in angels, remember?

G tells me that i am able to posess the same gift that he does, that the roots of it are in place. I have known that for years, but the time is finally feeling right to really explore this. Should I? Is that a pandora's box? It's this incredibly intuitive sense that can be a friend and a foe. I've had my tastes of it, the roots are definately there.

This is slowly degenerating into a ramble, so i'll stop it here.

Thoughts, anyone?

Do you believe that people can have these divine links? I try to rationalize away all these events, but i just feel foolish when i do, whereas normally i feel foolish if i believe anything that cannot be rationally explained.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: Kremlin]
    #2911165 - 07/21/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure what your experiences or G's tell you about the grand scheme. But I will say that you shouldn't let the notion of intuition be laughed away by you or anyone else. This intuition, as you seem to be descrbing, can be a very real force. It must be nurtured with sensitivity and obedience. I have always found that my intuition becomes more pronounced when I am involved in creative endeavours. I think "intuition" is really the point between experiencing reality and creating reality. It is the magical child inside us that never learned what it couldn't do and therefore has no creative boundaries. When we get an "intuitive" sense about something, we are not so much tuning in to what's happening as we are becoming an implement of what is becoming. It's a pretty quantum concept really. Like we are becoming aware that we are the instrument that simultaneosuly effects existence as we are perceiving it.

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: Viveka]
    #2911430 - 07/21/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with EvilEye.

If you haven't read Illusions by Richard Bach, I suggest you do. Reading your post reminded me of the book. It's about a reluctant messiah who has chosen a person to enlighten, so to speak. It's a really good read, you could probably have it finished in about 7 hours if you read straight through.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385319258/002-3178182-7162406 You can read a few pages on here.

It might help you understand a bit more about your friend and yourself.If not, meh... you read a good book.

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2911513 - 07/21/04 07:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:heart:

super sweet!!  thank you for sharing!!! 

I mean, I've never been in that type of situation or seen anyone else like this person you describe. 

remember in your post G triedto ignore the "divine voice"  and in the end, G listened anyway.

do what feels right to you man :smile:.  look at what reason you would want to have this "gift"  I would tend to think that if your interest was in helping others, go for it!!  you have seen walking proof in front of you and yet you still might want to ignore, but probably like the same situation in church, after a while, you'll know what you're gonna do.

i mean that's all I can really say cause that's a situation I can't really fathom.

simply awesome!!!    :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
    #2911726 - 07/21/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thats awesome.
he sounds like a real G. to me

how would you begin to explore these "roots"

i think you should most definatly explore. What more could you want out of life than to experience a taste of whats beyond? maybe G's in your life so you wouldnt believe that we are all just lumps of biological product. so that you can see first hand that there is more to this world.

p.s. nothing's what it seems

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2911762 - 07/21/04 09:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

intuition, connectedness, paying attention, finding new answers (not just knee-jerking responses) this is the intimacy that goes into being G.

maybe we avoid being G 'cause we don't want to be exhausted by requests of the needy - that's silly - the in-basket is always full anyway.

the type of intimacy that G is immersed in is a wonderful thing, and we should all share more that way.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2912086 - 07/21/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with all of you, thank you

I'm going to talk to him as soon as possible and ask him to help me develop this further.

The taste that ive gotten is just that with some people, when i talk to them, i get a complete sense of everything about them, why they say what they say, why they act the way they act, what they want from me, what they want in life, etc etc.  It's primitive in comparison to G's ability, who can listen to a recorded message of a person and tell you just about anything about them, but it's a root.  He tells me he has been nurturing the roots since he met me, to make sure they stayed alive.

oh, and yes, ive read illusions, great book :smile:

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: plexus]
    #2912134 - 07/21/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

as an example of how to explore, let me give a small story

One time many years ago, he wanted to share his gift with M. He told M that he was going to give him a part of what made him himself. The next day M was hanging out with some friends, and he called G in a panic to come get him. He couldnt stand it. He didnt want it, he just wanted to be a kid. He didnt want to be seeing into people. So G helped him "turn it off" so to speak, but turning it back on after you turn it off is very, very difficult.

The reasons for shying away are simple: isolation. G would be the only person that i know who could understand some of the things i would be thinking if this all is really true. I've had momentary glimpses while hanging out with him, so i believe he can help me nurture this, and i would love to be able to really see into people...there are many people in my life i would love to help...starting with my mother.

Its a blessing and a curse, i think...so it should be interesting.

Hopefully i'll see him today, if hes not too busy. Being the person that he is, he obviously has a packed schedule :P but he always makes time for you when you really need it (like the time above when i called him that one night...he can be very hard to get ahold of, but if you ever really need to talk to him, he always manages to pick up the phone, or show up).

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2912278 - 07/21/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

be careful you don't make G *too special*
it will become a burden for him and will distance you too much

believe me all he wants is *equal* friends with peaceful intimacy

alevel playing field is best

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2912390 - 07/21/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer worship and lots of female adulation. Screw the "level playing field" humility crap.

Oh, yeah - and donations. Tithe till it hurts, baby! Give me your money and get right with God.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

#2912923 - 07/21/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

actually i can assure you redgreenvines that is not the case whatsoever.

He has told me many times that the reason he has maintained contact with me at the level that he has is because he knows there are "plans" for me that he is to have a part in.

So, he does not want an equal friendship, by any means, with any person. He resolved that problem years ago by making himself his best friend. (in his own words)

If i have not become a burden to him yet, i will never become one, this i have 0 doubt in my mind about.

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2913510 - 07/21/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"If i have not become a burden to him yet, i will never become one, this i have 0 doubt in my mind about."

if only all of us thought this way :smile:

very cool and I hope you develop your skill to the point where you can help nuture others the same way.  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: kaiowas]
    #2913670 - 07/21/04 07:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

warning
swami is right
girls are needed
and
money
you got yourself a trunpa.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: kaiowas]
    #2914499 - 07/22/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hehe

i had a talk with him tonight on the phone, i'm meetin up with him tommorow to have a face2face chitchat. I told him i had many things that i had on my mind that i wished to speak with him about, and his reply was "what a suprise, i have many things that i too wish to speak with you about!"

haha

hes a funny guy.

Hopefully my path will begin tommorow.

*crosses fingers*

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
    #2914548 - 07/22/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

does G mean that only you, him, and certain people have these "roots" or that everyone has roots and that they can explore ? i read a book called "reality is an illusion" that said everyone has psychic abilities, that they just needed to discover it. Id love to be able to explore this.

oh yea, and does G do mushrooms? i think he should.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2914675 - 07/22/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The idea of having your own personal messiah sets my bullshit meter off. Someone here is being deluded.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2915013 - 07/22/04 05:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Perhaps you could ask him, if you may share his (and the your) insights on this board ?
It could be helpful for many people, although it needs a bit of 'thick skin' against unfundamented critics here, to not loose your spiritual path :smile:
But that's like in 'real' life :wink:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: plexus]
    #2915245 - 07/22/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

plexus: He has definately made it sound like in his opinion not everyone can, because as he describes it, its some kind of extra-physical component to the self that is present.  In terms of the shrooms, no, he doesnt do drugs, nor does he approve of them.  He thinks that shrooms are kind of like a pandoras box, and he actually told me that if i dosed again that i wouldnt come back (when he "saved my life", it was after 2 very traumatic experiences with the shrooms)

huehuecoyotl:  I'm quite a cynic myself, this is the only thing in my life that has ever made me not be one.  If it sets your bullshit meter off, thats ok with me.  Somehow i'll manage to get to sleep at night still.

BlueCoyote:  The thing about the insights of G is that they are completely dependent on the person you are talking to.  FOr instance, if i present him with a girl that im actively seeking, and he just listens to her voicemail, he can tell me right off if things are going to work out for us.  He's done it before for all of my friends.  I didnt speak to him for a year and a half because i didnt like what he said about my last girlfriend, i chose to not see what he said, i chose to not see what i should have seen...*shakes head*...then it bit me in the ass 3 weeks ago.

But if there are any general principals that i come upon when speaking with him that i think would be appropriate, i'll post away :smile:

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2916763 - 07/22/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

BlueCoyote: The thing about the insights of G is that they are completely dependent on the person you are talking to. FOr instance, if i present him with a girl that im actively seeking, and he just listens to her voicemail, he can tell me right off if things are going to work out for us. He's done it before for all of my friends. I didnt speak to him for a year and a half because i didnt like what he said about my last girlfriend, i chose to not see what he said, i chose to not see what i should have seen...*shakes head*...then it bit me in the ass 3 weeks ago.
That really sounds cool, but I think, there must be some 'general concept' behind this, else he couldn't teach you :smile:

Would be cool to keep us up to date about this :smile:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: A friend i cannot explain [Re: Viveka]
    #2917040 - 07/22/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EvilEye? said:
I'm not sure what your experiences or G's tell you about the grand scheme.  But I will say that you shouldn't let the notion of intuition be laughed away by you or anyone else.  This intuition, as you seem to be descrbing, can be a very real force.  It must be nurtured with sensitivity and obedience.  I have always found that my intuition becomes more pronounced when I am involved in creative endeavours.  I think "intuition" is really the point between experiencing reality and creating reality.  It is the magical child inside us that never learned what it couldn't do and therefore has no creative boundaries.  When we get an "intuitive" sense about something, we are not so much tuning in to what's happening as we are becoming an implement of what is becoming.  It's a pretty quantum concept really.  Like we are becoming aware that we are the instrument that simultaneosuly effects existence as we are perceiving it.

That is an awesome perspective. Was that explored in "Illusions" ..? And if not, is there any where else I can learn more about your theory?

-ergot :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract