Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Various Writings
    #2909403 - 07/20/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Never shared any of this with anyone. It's a series of short prose.

---------------------------
1# Opinions

The invocation and adjuration of psychoactive/hallucinogenic drugs, pertaining to my regalement is the lack of conscious inhibition or restraint.

When I'm experiencing a drug-induced inebriation, there are common themes.

Common visual apparitions, spiritual exploration, physical elation and other elements that embody the high always recur, but in tangents. Each experience is unique, in this regard.

For these reasons soley I do not appreciate being 'stoned'. It is the congregation and harmonization of these conditions underwhich I apprize the high.

The repeated theme is what I described above, a convergance of physical and platonic elements of the high.

When it occurs I can characterize it as this;

" To be born blessed with vision, to grow weary of sight, become blind, and by divine action have vision restored to fully realize your gratefulness of perception "

That restoration of, sight, in the example, is the euphoria I feel. Ergo, I am entuned with my senses, and am reduced to an almost child-like state, a level in which I can become fascinated by light, texture, color, depth-of-field, sound and intonation etc...

This apprecation is much over-looked from day to day by a majority of the Earth's populous. I find it reassuring and very grounding that from time to time, I can re-experience how I feel to be alive.

Why do you like or DISLIKE drugs?

I one day hope to see man unite in peace
Moreso than he ever has,
In pursuit of war.

------------
2# Relations

Relationships and commitment are often intimidating parts of our lives.
At all corners I am attempted to betray physically and mentally the virtuous and innocent relation with my current significant other. My dreams advocate and harbour my fantasies. Opening doors to new persons, and filling my mind with make believe beauty. Why do we strive and define are wants and needs by what we do not have?

-----------
3#

I visit you through memory,
Though with me you seem to be.

A kiss under.
An apple tree.

Brings to life sweet

Memory, plays tricks on me
I dream of you
Occassionaly.

Dull and...
Empty.

The fondest thoughts
Are yet to be,

Still fluttered around in fantasy
I only wish,

To drift in wisps
Of tragedy

No wish to see
I only speak

Of,
Sweet,
Kisses under
Apple trees.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Various Writings [Re: daft]
    #2911405 - 07/21/04 07:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

maybe this thread should be in spit&pheelo (s&p)

you write very nicely, daft. don't stop.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: Various Writings [Re: mr crisper]
    #2911864 - 07/21/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you kind sir!

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media