Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Peat, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineprimal440
journeyman
big drops of water on myc (and others..)
    #2908077 - 07/20/04 12:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

my assistant accidentally thre some drops of water peroxide on the <myc (not the whole myc), now it looks like its more condensed and exhausted and where it was expanded and fluffy its now ike solid. shall I expect bad things from this?
also, when you fan how do yopu do it and for how long?
does too much ligth time hurt myc or doesnt it do anythiong bad?
and onelast question, for a big tupperware hopw much concensation shall I expect from perlite? (I dont see that much maybe I should get more perlite)

thanks in advance!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: big drops of water on myc (and others..) [Re: primal440]
    #2909181 - 07/20/04 05:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

H2O2 retards a bit no biggie. Fanning should be done 3+ times a day, I prefer 4-5 misting AFTER each fanning. Fannings consist of just getting the old air out displacing CO2 a couple 3 good fans with the lid or as I prefer one of those personal battery operated fans. Light will hurt myc in the incubation (veg) stage as it robs you of one of your most valuable pinning triggers "light" during pinsetting you want 12-16hrs. of light which will aid in strong flushes , after pins are set then almost any decent light will work at most any duration although the light will aid in "straight up" growth, I always use 12 or so after pins are set. Lastly you need to have water(H2O) and peroxide (H2O2) at half the depth of the perlite for best results! GL

Offlineprimal440
journeyman
Re: big drops of water on myc (and others..) [Re: hyphae]
    #2910003 - 07/20/04 09:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lto dcyans! You seem to know a lot but never seen your posts before... anyways I have a couple more questions...
This tupperware is exposed to ligth more than 16 hrs a day since its not stored in a closet or anything, so if I count the natural light time plus electrcity I would say it gets about 16-20 hrs but this is just an aproximation... Since light helps pinning but shrooms are not photosensitive I don't believe nothing wrong will happen to them... Has anybody had bad experiences with excessive light? Shall I cover the tupper somewhat?

On to the other question: Fo how much time do you fan?

And another: I've put some ice bags inthe tupper to encourage pinning but this will also decrease the RH inside, how shall I compensate this?

And yet another one: If I got cobweb mold on my casing, would it take up the entire surface if its already 60% myc colonized or will the myc fight the cobweb off like it does with green mold? (seen on my jars)

Well thats it, please take your time to consider all the questions, thanks in advance :smile:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: big drops of water on myc (and others..) [Re: primal440]
    #2912968 - 07/21/04 06:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Cubies are phototropic and light is important. I would wrap your containers with foil to keep side light to a minimum if you start having any problems, "straightup" growth aids in a more even moisture level when misting your casing among others things.
IMO they can have 24/7 but whats the sense? Like my old friend Mycota/6T said it's alway good to mimic nature if possible especially if you run into problems :wink: . When I fanned manually duration was 15-20 sec. it's not in your best interest to leave the chamber uncover any longer than necessary and don't forget to mist the casing after fanning, now when I say mist I mean a nice fine mist that really only pumpup misters can do when adjusted just right. This misting replaces all moisture that the casing/mushrooms "suck up" and adds fresh oxygenated water to the surface (a good thing).
If you need ice cubes to get your temp down to 77-78 degrees and don't have a basement, AC, I suggest 1-2 liter pop bottles filled with water (almost full)and froze this will give you better results efficiency wise. You should still be alright, you don't want to let the chamber get too cold 74 is still optimum for cubies, under this temp growth will slow and under 68 can actually stall some strains. Anyway extra misting may be needed if casing moisture loss is too excessive (always try to maintain "near saturation" of the casing) this IS the way myc loves it!
Cobweb should be knocked down with either peroxide spray or baking soda water, this is something you don't want to contend with believe me. As far as trich and myc trich will kick it's ass on the casing, thats what stops your casings flushes after time they get sour (acidic) when using peat based casings. trich is nothing you want around! :wink:
BTW I've been around many years growing shrooms for well over twenty+ years and was picked up by another great site and am a mod over there, heres something I wrote that should help you tremendously:Getting the most out of your casings! A pinning strategy.

Edited by dcyans (07/22/04 01:30 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Peat, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation