Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: My parents. [Re: Ped]
    #2849114 - 07/01/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

im not sure, but id guess a motor scooter or vespa type vehicle would be low insurance. if so, trade in your current car and get a vespa.
1. they're fun to ride
2. haruko
3. they're cheap, i think

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: My parents. [Re: Ped]
    #2907229 - 07/20/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't like Christians for how they distort the perspective of all Christians for others. I don't say I'm a Christian any more. I just say that I am spiritual.

Your parents are wrong, but you already know that. Approximately a year ago, my 16-year old son told me that he didn't believe in God, that he believed in Wicca. Of course for me, who believes in God, and all that that entails, my world was somewhat rocked. But!!! I never once made my son feel bad for his beliefs!!!

We talked about our respective beliefs. I explained why I believed the way I believe, and he explained how he came to believe in what he believed. I didn't get angry at him. I continued to love him. He is, after all, my son.

My parents were fucked up. So was my childhood. Ever since I left home at age 18, I have been on my own, with no help from anyone in my family. I am the outcast. I am the one who always does things wrong. I am the one they always have to pray for. I am the one who is fuck-up. (All this in their eyes.)

I have managed. I am 46 now. I have been fine. I look back over it now, and all the worrying I did was for naught. You are 21. You don't have the retrospect that I now have. But one day you will have it. Don't worry. That's the only advice I can give, because I realize what has been right for me may not be right for anyone else.

I do believe in God. I do believe God takes care of me. But I think you can believe what you believe and still make your way in the world, without your parents. It is scary at first. Or I should say I have been scared in the past. That's why I say retrospect has caused me to lose my fear. Everything has worked out, or is in the process of working out. You probably have read my thread that I am somewhat homeless. But I don't mind. One of my mom's "Christian" friends offered to let me move in with her until I get on my feet. I turned her down, politely. They are all so judgmental. I would rather be homeless.

The Universe takes care of us. I put myself out there, and I connect with people. I help people at times, and at other times, people help me. That's about all I can say on this subject. We are here for each other.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: My parents. [Re: Frog]
    #2907309 - 07/20/04 12:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:

The Universe takes care of us.  I put myself out there, and I connect with people.  I help people at times, and at other times, people help me.  That's about all I can say on this subject.  We are here for each other.

Beautifully written...and so true!  :heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]