Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: OUTFOXED [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2914533 - 07/22/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

just when I thought my bloodpressure could climb no higher...

O'Reilly comes on.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2914883 - 07/22/04 03:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Pardon my poorly worded reply. The accurate part was things like this.....
Is there anything funnier to watch than the Left suddenly discovering the virtues of journalistic objectivity? Liberals arrogantly have ruled the news media roost for decades, regularly demeaning conservative ideas and leaders in their ongoing quest for progress and enlightenment.

But now that Fox News Channel is on the scene, dominating the cable news scene and showing America that TV news can be something different than the suffocating consensus of the liberal establishment, the Left is in a panic. Objectivity is needed! Democracy itself is in danger!

When Fox News debuted in 1996, liberals couldn't contain their laughter at what they considered a sophomoric challenge to the dominant media. Then, Fox became a pest, the proverbial gnat that wouldn't go away. Ultimately -- almost overnight -- Fox overtook its cable competitors and became king of the hill. Fox became a menace on the media landscape that should have been aborted before birth, a blatantly biased and bullying blight on America.

This next is a reply to an earlier poster who used the term "shut up".....
A classic example of the film's inanity is an incredibly silly attack on Bill O'Reilly because he said he almost never said "shut up" to guests. Greenwald goes about disproving this trite little point, but after finding an example or two, he ruins it all by gratuitously adding clips where O'Reilly used the words "shut up" in commentaries, or in questions where he wasn't telling a guest to shut up, but asking the guest if someone else should shut up. Now he's not making a point. He's un-making it.

Now, I haven't seen the movie. I probably won't. I can see. I can read. I'm aware that most methods used by Fox are used by all the networks, with the exception of the overt patriotism. Rare indeed is the claim that their news is not accurate.

Quote:

Were they honest, they wouldn't be liberals.

Again, sorry for any lack of clarity but that was just for liberals in general.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2915138 - 07/22/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So let me get this straight --

The reason "OutFoxed" was made, and the reason Fox News is so bad, is not that their news reporters, news editors, news producers, anchorpeople etc. are misleading the public, but that they have Bill O'Reilly as a political commentator?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: OUTFOXED [Re: Phred]
    #2915338 - 07/22/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Incorrect. Not sure how you drew that as the conclusion of my comments so far, but I don't think I implied that at all.

I was personally using Bill O'Reilly as an example for two reasons:
1 - I fucking hate that prick.
2 - Most people are familiar with him, and that familiarity could be useful in making the point I was trying to make.

I expounded on the Bill O'Reilly examples for two reasons:
1 - You asked me specific questions and made specific comments regarding him.
2 - I fucking hate that prick.

Bill O'Reilly is not the reason that the movie was made (as much as I can say that without being the one who made it - my psychic skills are a little off this morning. Need coffee). There are many many many points in the movie that deserve to be spoken to, and as soon as I get it and watch it, I'll be glad to bring up some other points for us to talk about.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2916419 - 07/22/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Tell us how you really feel about Bill.

:wink:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: OUTFOXED [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2917932 - 07/22/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom