Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDjad05
Stranger
increase in potency?
    #2905630 - 07/19/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would like any help in increasing the potency of my mushrooms. I have been growing mushies on cakes for a while now and it seems that they are never as potent as the ones that I get elsewhere. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I want to grow the dank shrooms!!! Please let me in on any tips that you know to increase the potency of my mushies. I am not into adding tryptamines or anything like that to my shrooms but would like a different alternative. I am open to any suggestions and am willing to try just about anything to achieve this goal!!!! Anything helps!! Thanks so much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: increase in potency? [Re: Djad05]
    #2905744 - 07/19/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Have You tried Peganum harmala?

--------------------

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
    #2905762 - 07/19/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

what temperature are you fruiting them at? i've found my shrooms are more potent if they are fruited at cooler temps but they are small. if i raise the temp they get bigger but they are not as potent

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

OfflineINsideUS
tHe INsiDiOUsoNe

Loc: YouTee, YouEssAy
    #2905763 - 07/19/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

When your shrooms are fruiting/growing make sure to keep your tempature around 70'. If your temp is too high than the potency can go down.

--------------------
insidious
adj 1: beguiling but harmful; "insidious pleasures" 2: intended to entrap 3: working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way; "a subtle poison"

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #2905765 - 07/19/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Djad05 said:
I would like any help in increasing the potency of my mushrooms. I have been growing mushies on cakes for a while now and it seems that they are never as potent as the ones that I get elsewhere.

maybe you should switch to growing on wholegrains and casings/poo... when I had grown the people I shared with were always saying that they were much better than wild picked mushrooms.

Quote:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I want to grow the dank shrooms!!! Please let me in on any tips that you know to increase the potency of my mushies. I am not into adding tryptamines or anything like that to my shrooms but would like a different alternative. I am open to any suggestions and am willing to try just about anything to achieve this goal!!!! Anything helps!! Thanks so much

if you have the proper equipment and grow area you may want to turn your attention to wood lovers... asside from that the Harmala that ivi mentioned is a good way to enhance your enjoyment

InvisibleWickedPissah
Stranger
Re: increase in potency? [Re: ivi]
    #2906315 - 07/19/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What's Peganum harmala?

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
Re: increase in potency? [Re: WickedPissah]
    #2906323 - 07/19/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

syrian rue

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: increase in potency? [Re: uneasyone]
    #2906361 - 07/19/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

^^^^^^

syran rue is a MAOI. its alkaloids help to decrease the amount of the amino oxidise enzyme that breaks downt he psicolin in ur body while you are tripping, hence making the shrooms u ate more potent

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineDjad05
Stranger
Re: increase in potency? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #2909236 - 07/20/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for all of your help!!! Does anybody have a casing recipe that I could use that generally increases potency? I will also try to lower my temps a little. I am looking for the perfect quanity to potency ratio. Anybody have any suggestions.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2909293 - 07/20/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

grow more, dose more.

OfflineTrique
Psilocybe Junkie
Loc: Chocolate Town, Pennsylva...
Re: increase in potency? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2909360 - 07/20/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Usually a good way for me was to grow them fatter and bigger, while still getting them before the veil breaks. It's takes longer but it works.

First, use a coco coir or peat moss recipe found in the casing section of this site. Let it incubate for a good 4 days in complete darkness around 80+ degrees. When you birth it, put a little thin layer of peat moss or coco coir on top, mist it good and put it in a good 75-85% humidity chamber with light everyday. A way I've also been experimenting with is let it warm up to around 78-80F during the daytime (when it has light) and then during the night do a mini cold shock of about 8 degrees if possible. It's been hard for me to replicate those conditions until later rigging, but the times I've had, it has been much much more potent. This is optional, because obviously I haven't put anything together to fully prove this. Otherwise from that, keeping the fruiting temp around 70-75F if it will be constant. Now to get them to grow slowly (to get them fatter) don't fan it all the time. 2 times a day has been around perfect. One in the morning, one at night, and occasionally an afternoon mist every once in a while. Otherwise, you'll have tall, thin shrooms that only took a good day or two to pop up. The fatter ones can sometimes take almost a week. Just make sure there are no disturbances like picking up the casing, or touching the mushrooms at all.

This should hopefully help you out.

--------------------
Whatever said here is not of my experience or knowledge. In fact, it was found off one of those prizes in a Cracker Jack box. I'm not sure what to think of this, so I've come here to share my interesting findings.

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #2909707 - 07/20/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
grow more, dose more.

--------------------

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2909866 - 07/20/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
grow more, dose more.

:jammingout:

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

OfflineDjad05
Stranger
Re: increase in potency? [Re: QandA]
    #2911494 - 07/21/04 07:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

grow more, dose more HAHAHAHA
Dont think I need to dose anymore often than I do. If you cant give a serious respose I would rather you did not respond at all.

Trique- Thanks for all of your suggestions. Let me know how the light experimentation goes for you as I will try it if it works for you. So the casing mix can make a difference in potency? I have heard of dung in your casing making a huge difference but have yet to try it. Thanks again for all your help.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#2911506 - 07/21/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i agree with who ever said spawn to poo that is your best way imo bulk
grow stock up WW3 is near dose the emamey free our chilldren dose the goverment free my pay checks dose the teachers free are students dose the world and lets all be free

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds