Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Beef Jerky

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineyoyogrande
Stranger
BAHAMAS, shroom hunting?
    #2905382 - 07/19/04 02:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hi guys, I just moved to the Bahamas and I was truly interested in your opinions regarding shrooms over here... What can I expect to find here if I decide to go hunting for them? Does anybody know of good areas to search for here in New Providence (Nassau)?

Thank you so much for your help.
Yoyoman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: BAHAMAS, shroom hunting? [Re: yoyogrande]
    #2905470 - 07/19/04 03:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms hunting in the bahamas would not only be tricky and unfruitful, but would probably be ethically ugly to do considering the fact that there are so many rare plants and animans you may well disrupt trompling about the wildlife areas. I similarly think it would be anything but a hotbed of psycadelic fungi. You WOULD, however find many species of mushrooms there that do not exist here on US soil (or wherever you come from) and there may be mushrooms undiscovered in such a rich environment. I did a little searching around to no avail but you should certainly check out some of the more exotic daturas and alkaloid containing plants. You can get the killer green there as well but the prices are often jerky. I suspect that regardless of shrooms finds you will have a fantastic time living in Nassau. Maybe Mushroom John will be able to answer these questions but he is currently either traveling or just implanted into Cambodia where you can bet online ain't gonna be easy or cheap. Here's to hoping. I had a friend say he found some read cheap snow in the Bahamas too, by the way- but that's getting WAAAAAAYYY offf topic, so- peace.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: BAHAMAS, shroom hunting? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2905475 - 07/19/04 03:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i think the animals can cope with someone walking through.... as long as he's not chopping down trees i think its ok haha  :kodama: :sperm: :blowjob: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

--------------------

Edited by ld50negative1 (07/19/04 03:18 PM)

OfflineFungushead
Carnivore

Loc: Washington State
Re: BAHAMAS, shroom hunting? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2905872 - 07/19/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Just out of interest, how much did it cost you to move there?

--------------------
2004: The year telemarketing started to shrivel up like a cold pair of nuts.

Offlinedantethemad
Warrior Monk
    #2906567 - 07/19/04 10:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Oh man I dont think you'll really have alot of luck. I lived and worked on cruise ships and we stopped in nassau twice a week for overnites. Either way, we bought alot of 'stuff' from alot of different locals and all of them were very positive that shrooms didnt grow on nassau. The general impression was that when they did get shrooms they came from off the island.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #2906972 - 07/20/04 01:02 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

PS. Cubensis gets its name because it was discovered in Cuba.  Hop in a tire and float over there. :wink:

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: BAHAMAS, shroom hunting? [Re: YidakiMan]
    #2910527 - 07/21/04 12:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going on vacation to the Bahamas at the end of August and I was hoping to find some mushrooms there. Guess I'll have to find some bud around there.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: BAHAMAS, shroom hunting? [Re: mushiemountain]
    #2910674 - 07/21/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushiemountain said:
Guess I'll have to find some bud around there.

That shouldn't be hard  :wink:

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: BAHAMAS, shroom hunting? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2910828 - 07/21/04 01:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What SuperBlingTheory is saying has nothing to do with the animals; except for maybe the really small ones.

There could be an LBM or some small plant, just barely surviving and living nowhere else in the world except the Bahamas, which unknown to science could be the cure for cancer, or heroin addiction, or aids...

To go tromping though that echo system, seeing nothing but mushrooms, and picking every LBM you find to see if it turns blue, would be both unproductive and irresponsible.

P. cubensis now grows in every country in the world, in people's closets. :cool:

If you still decide to go mushroom hunting please dont pick every little brown mushroom you see, as it could be the only one of its kind in the world, and please be mindful of the vegetation.

Take pictures of your finds and share them with us, telling us everything you can about the mushrooms and where you found them; you may find a new species yet unknown to mycology. :laugh: Just don't expect to find an active species :frown:, unless of course its a new active species or one never reported from there.  :headbang:

Happy hunting

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Beef Jerky

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification