Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Portable Greenhouse, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealexhs
Stranger
manure casing
    #2905073 - 07/19/04 11:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

1)  Can I use manure casing on rice culture?Does anyone knows if the casing layer has to be nutritious(eatable) for the mushrooms or not(like vermiculite)?Does nutritious casing layer(like manure)leads to overlay or attracts contams because it has eatable by molds and/or bacteria plus it is touching the open air? :confused:
2)  I grow mushrooms on the cheapest grain substrate:rice for dogs!It is brown rice and it cost in greece about 3 euro the 5kg(12lb),with the cheapest casing:sterilized soil from by backyard.Sterilization/Inoculation is done in oven bags then I put colonized substrate in cheap aluminium dishes.I grow about 10 dishes in a big tray covered by cheap plastic foil for greenhouses and i have dried shrooms worth close to 1000euros :thumbup: (in greece 50 euro the 3 grams)with only 5(yeah it's true)euro cost!!!know trying use manure casing for even bigger yields :crazy2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: manure casing [Re: alexhs]
    #2905222 - 07/19/04 01:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Can I use manure casing on rice culture? No

attracts contams because it has eatable by molds and/or bacteria plus it is touching the open air? Exactly

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinesonar
Stranger
Re: manure casing [Re: Magash]
    #10551845 - 06/22/09 04:03 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Can I use manure casing on rice culture?  No 

attracts contams because it has eatable by molds and/or bacteria plus it is touching the open air?  Exactly 

a FOAF is seeing good growth from an old pf rice/verm cake even after it was crumbled and case into pasteurised manure even after it's 4th flush.

Offlinejerrylove
little bit further then I was
 User Gallery

Loc: shakedown street
Re: manure casing [Re: sonar]
    #10552923 - 06/22/09 12:34 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I once cased cakes in poo. They didn't contam (luckily) but I got some really potent fruits off them that led to great iso's. Although I bid kinda do a half as roll in verm which could also be considered a casing. I used Tupperware storage tubs the little square ones that are the throw away kind place cakes then cover with poo and colonize.

--------------------
:mushroom2:THOSE WHO KNOW DONT TALK!:mad:THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CANT TALK.:smile: (Timothy Leary):mushroom2:
"Funny thing about weekends when your unemployed they don't mean quit so much except you get hang out with your workin' friends" Les Claypool

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Portable Greenhouse, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation