Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
Loc: *South Florida*
PF Tek basically all info for successful shroom growing?
    #2903610 - 07/18/04 10:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I read everything in the PF Tek section. I will be a first time grower, is there anything else I need to know that is not included in that? I know there is a lot more to know, but I just want a simple way to grow them. Any tips or tricks before I get started that has not been talked about in other threads? Thanks so much, Steph

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: PF Tek basically all info for successful shroom growing? [Re: Stephanie]
    #2903615 - 07/18/04 10:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I did like a dry run, to plan hand actions, when it came to innoculating the substrate. Using Oven Tek. All part of the fun!

I even did a dry run on temps with fruiting chambers and shit.

So my 1st time was smooth.

:zoom:

Offlinecaimen
the unknown
Loc: HERE
    #2903631 - 07/18/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Love U want my 2 cents? ( love is what i call all females)
I did the PF tek like 4 years ago i had all kinds of stuff go wrong
Contam, bad mixture to dry to wet. atlast i got a few fungi. nothing big.

I started only a few weeks ago made a karo culture. Got some wild bird seed. made some jars used the PC have not had a contam yet knock knock.should have fungi in a week or 2. PF is a wast of time.No disregard to the Porfessor. go with WBS case it and u will do fine.

But do as u wish im new to this 2 so what do i know?

--------------------
MAN Made Speed
GOD Made Weed
<Who do YOU TRUST ? >

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25954

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
    #2903639 - 07/18/04 10:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

PF tek should be good enough....

I dont think the PF tek says to use pearlite or geolite.... i would add that
also i dont think the PF tek describes a "dunk and roll" do a search for that....

Otherwise follow the instructions and you do fine

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2903654 - 07/18/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

PF tek

Shroom on

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
    #2903662 - 07/18/04 10:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

for a first timer i would suggest using pints to each one add 2/3 cup pennington wild finch food or hartz parakeet food in clear and green bag, a pinch of gypsum, and 1/2 a cup of hot distilled water with a teaspoon of organic honey mixed into it, put lids on upside down pressure cook at 15 psi for one hour, shake, let cool, inoculate, incubate shake when appropriate ,when colonized either case right in jar with one inch 50/50 peat/vermiculite as described in silly simon tek or use for spawn on pasterized horse shit for a more bulk approach also i would also suggest saving a jar for g2g transfers This is the way my foaf did it the first time and every time since with excellent results good luck

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #2903793 - 07/18/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I had grown for several years and used the PF tek for quite some time, follow it to the letter the first time and it will pay off

most importantly, be patient, it does take a little while but it's worth the wait

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2904110 - 07/19/04 01:30 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think newbies CAN start with casings and popcorn(wbs) etc, and if I knew then what I know now, I wouldnt have done PF tek at all.

And in some ways its HARDER :wink:

PF tek had its time out in thr feild, but I think thr OMC should do the old horse a favour and shoot it. (IMO)

But cakes makwe great spawn :laugh:

(if you do use PF tek, remember to put verm on top and bottom,and give them alot of air when you are waiting for pins(and when pind form etc), dont be lazy, because sometimes the little bastards take awhile and if you dont give them the proper conditions, they will take even longer.

Good luck :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2904145 - 07/19/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here's two different ways.

I know this belongs in the growlog forum but it seems more would see it here that can use it. That and I?m sure most have seen it already but maby somebody can use this to help them out.

Grow Log
Tek : PF
Strain : South American [SA]
Spores : Came from homemade prints. 36 total jars to be injected.
Substrate :Brown Rice Flour [BRF] and Vermiculite [Verm]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:15 PM 3/4/03 : Project is started. Jar prep is just putting small holes in the lids for the spore syringe and then taping them closed until inoculation. Tape used is the standard black electrical tape. First batch of jars is mixed. The mix used is 2 parts verm, 1 part water, and 1 part brf. [ This mix is the max fruiting formula by PF.] Mix is put into 1/2 pint canning jars lightly, not packed in, and left it airy. Put substrate in until it reaches the threads of the jar, then add dry verm the rest of the way.
Jars are PCd at 10psi or 240f for a period of 45 minutes. Then jars were left to sit overnight to cool.

8:39 PM 3/5/2003 : First batch of jars injected. (24 jars)

10:04 AM 3/6/2003 : Incubator is running to low 77F. Going to turn it up today.

5:45 PM 3/6/2003 : Second batch of jars is in the PC will be injected tomorrow. Turned up incubator runs at 83F. 86F is the best and if the incubator is 83F and myc growing in the jars is suppose to create a little heat I figure this should work out well.

1:11 PM 3/7/2003 : Second batch of jars is done. (12 jars)

12:10 PM 3/9/2003 : Jars are doing good, no signs of contams

2:54 AM 3/19/2003 : Tape removed from the holes today and coffee filters put over the top of the jars for added protection. Holes were opened so the CO2 in the jars could escape. I gave 12 jars to a friend who kept fucking up. 24 jar?s about 75%done.

12:13 PM 3/22/2003 : Well it?s Saturday and the jars will probably be done by the 25th. So it was 36 jars. 12 were given to a friend, 24 done by Tuesday.

10:26 PM 3/23/2003 : 15 jars were done enough to put into dunk. I dunk and cold shock before birthing and after every flush. The other 9 jars have a spot the size of a pea that has to be covered so I?ll do those on the 25th.

7:17 PM 3/24/2003 : 15 jars put into the pod. Put in and put a layer of moist verm on top. With geolite I just put the cakes on it. With some other chambers I put the cake on a lid filled with verm. This is done to give the shrooms on the bottom and the top of the cake some added moisture.
The other 9 jars just finished so I?m going to give them a couple more days to make sure the middle of the cake is done.

4:57 PM 3/27/2003 : 5 More cakes birthed today, 4 left going to do them tomorrow or 3/29/2003

3:58 PM 3/29/2003 : Well I lost another cake. My wife?s little 1 cake pod made from a 2 liter and a small fish pump and a little geolite used up her last cake so I gave her a SA to grow. The last 3 are in the cold shock dunk.
So the total is 36 jars done all colonized with no contams. 12 given to a friend, 1 to the wife, 23 mine

12:08 PM 3/30/2003 : Last of jars put in

12:02 PM 3/31/2003 : The first 15 cakes are pinning nicely and some have shrooms coming from the bottom.

11:01 AM 4/3/2003 : Things look to be going well.

1:02 AM 4/4/2003 : Took the first flush from four of the cakes. More will be done later today.

5/8/2003 : Total 23 cakes 164 grams dried.

A very simple grain tek.

I like to use rye do to the fact that I case the grain directly and don?t use it for spawn which I find wbs better for. The rye holds more water so it allows for larger flushes in my exp, others may differ we all have our own ways of doing things this is just what I do.

1. First I prepare the grain by putting it in a strainer and shaking the dust off of it one cup at a time. I then put the cup of grain or rye in my case into a quart jar and fill the jar with water and let it soak for 24 hours. My reason for doing this is that bacteria endospores that form on grain can survive the PC so we let the little fuckers germinate and then PC them.

2. Then take the rye and pour out the water. Your gonna see that it has turned piss yellow. Then take the grain and put it into a pot add water so the grain is nicely covered and simmer it for 40 to 45 minutes. You?ll notice some of the rye grain starting to burst and the grain has turned brown and swollen up quite a bit.

3. Pour the water out and put the grain into a challender or strainer and let it drain. I myself like to rinse it off after the simmer.

4. Now load the rye into the jars, I like quarts so that is what I use. Leave enough room at the top of the jar for you to shake the grain around (pic #1) . I didn't have any jars with just grain but you get the idea. No extra water is needed to be added to the jars just the grain. I like to set up my jars like this, metal lid, tyvek and then the band. (pics # 2,3)

I like tyvek for a few reasons. Nice to write on, (pic # 4) and easy to make with a cookie cutter in a hour you can make enough disks for life (pic # 5) . Then PC the jars at 15psi for 1 hour and let them cool. Little hint, if you take them out when they are still hot as hell and shake them they won?t clump up when they cool.

5. Once cool I like to add between 2 and 3 cc or mil to each jar. 2 if I made the syringe 3 if I bought one to add a strain to the collection. I push the needle right threw the tyvek over the small hole in the metal lid. Easy to find the hole if you hold the jar slanted toward a light. I Cover with a band aid because they come sterile already (pic # 6)
6. Once the jars are all shot up so to say shake them like a crazed nut. Mix them up as good as you can so the spores start all over the jar. In 9 days to 3 weeks max your jars will look like this (pic # 1 again)

7. Make your casing with whatever casing mix you decide to use and let them sit in the incubator for 4 to 7 days then birth.

My average total time from the time I shoot them up till the first harvest with this grain tek is 4 to 5 weeks.

South Americans at 4 weeks after shooting up the jars. (pic # 7, 8, 9)

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSeppuko
Sprite

Loc: teh intarweb
Re: PF Tek basically all info for successful shroom growing? [Re: Magash]
    #2904289 - 07/19/04 02:51 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

so, Mag, which one are you suggesting is easier for a first timer? think you could IM me on aim (assuming you have it...guessing you do based on your avatar :P)? See profile

--------------------
if I mention anything about the posession or production of illegal mushrooms, I am making it up.

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: PF Tek basically all info for successful shroom growing? [Re: Seppuko]
    #2904521 - 07/19/04 05:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This is my Friends first grow, and hes using the PF Tek to grow one jar for the first attempt. after 3-4 Weeks the jar is fully colonized with primordia coming up and is ready to take outta the jar.

I think the PF Tek is working out great, havent had any contam trouble, and it hasnt really been a pain. if i had to pick a worst part, i would say the Perlite is the worst part, because of the just straight up nasty mess it becomes when you add water.

some of the things you should do when you do the PF Tek that it doesnt mention? well, a day or two after you innoculate you should take off the tape covering the holes. when its almost done colonizing, id say about 90% done, you should flip the jar onto its top. Use Perlite or Geolite on the bottom of your Grow Chamber and you wont have to worry about hand spraying, just fan everyday. you should also Dunk and Roll. Before you take the cake outta the jar, if you dont have primordia or pins yet, you should leave it in the jar, fill the jar with water and put the lid on, throw it in the fridge for 12 hours, then drain water and take cake out, roll in dry verm, mist with water. this will recharge the water in the cake and you will have larger flush. if the first flush has already been spotted before you take the cake outta the jar, go ahead and wait for the dunk and roll until after the first flush. thats about it i think. good luck  :headbanger:

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: PF Tek basically all info for successful shroom growing? [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2905216 - 07/19/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Where can you buy tyvek? It sounds like a great material for filter patches?

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF Tek basically all info for successful shroom growing? [Re: Seppuko]
    #2905242 - 07/19/04 01:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

To tell the truth I'd do the grain.

You can get tyvek from the post office. Priorety mail envelopes.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
    #2907658 - 07/20/04 08:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot. I'm going to try PF Tek first since I learned that way to grow them, don't want to get confused and try other things at the moment that I will probably mess up since I'm a newbie. I've read PF Tek word for word. Once I have some experiance I'll try other methods or tricks with it. Can I ask where some of you get your spores?

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2907660 - 07/20/04 09:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

from the vendors here at the shroomery

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlinealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
    #2907766 - 07/20/04 10:25 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ralphsters, TLG, and sporeworks are all really good sporeworks has some exotic species that are good and has the live cultures for edibles nice people as well
TLG great spores and good service
Ralphster THE BEST SPORES AROUND
I have bought from many vendors and those three stand out

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
    #2908240 - 07/20/04 01:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

is there any spore vendor that take paypal or something..>>im too impatient to mail order..any prefs?

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
    #2909456 - 07/20/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Alpiner thanks so much for the help!

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
    #2909506 - 07/20/04 07:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey I have a question! What do I check or put quantity amount for on the Ralphster spores money order?? I'm new to this so I don't know what all of them mean. I want to order psilocybe spores and a couple syringes. I want enough spores for about 5-8 1/2 pint jars. Please be honest you guys. Thanks so much.

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
    #2909520 - 07/20/04 07:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

0ne 10cc syringe should do at least that many jars it only takes one cc per jar

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation