Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Christadelphians?
    #2901258 - 07/18/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey peoples...
I was hanging out with a couple of friends last night who I haven't known for that long but I think they are really cool chicks none the less.

Anyway last night they told me that they belong to a group known as the 'Christadephians'. From what I understood, this is a type of christianity with the word of the bible as the central focus. I've looked up a bit of stuff today on google about it just to see what its about. But I'm no expert in christianity so to me it just seems pretty much the same as any other type of christianity.

So I was just wondering if any of you here either are christadelphian yourself or if you have friends who are or maybe just know about it...whats it all about? Is it rational or cultish? Are they going to try to convert me? Is there anything I could accidentally do that might offend them? And anything else I should know?

I have no problem at all with them being into this or anything, I actually think its refreshing to meet people who hold some form of spiritual beleif, whether it is formalised or a personal view. I just want to get a little background info so I don't accidentally be insensitive or something to them.

As for my beleifs I would say that I am definatley a spiritual being however I do not prescribe to any one religious beleif. Basically I view the experience of human consciousness as sacred, and I make the most of it while I can. I beleive in some form of god but I do not think that god is a conscious 'person' type entity who is controlling reality, I think of it more as the most basic energy force which has given rise to everything that is happening. I am also quite into science (theory of relativity, fractal geometry, biology, geology etc) and I incorporate a lot of scientific thinking into my world view. If I were to sum up my beleifs in one symbol, it would be the yin-yang.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Christadelphians? [Re: zee_werp]
    #2903505 - 07/18/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just a bump here...no one knows about the christadelphians? Hmm...

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Christadelphians? [Re: zee_werp]
    #2903535 - 07/18/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

if your friends just follow "the word of the bible" as in the "word of god" then they aren't anything different than regular christians

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology