Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Artists Survival Ratio
    #2900373 - 07/17/04 06:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In the world of Art, and in natures way of eliminating the weak to ensure our survival, what would you guess as being the ratio, out of ten, in which artists survive (*make it)?

*Make it= Making enough money to live, and actualy be happy. And also just enjoying what you do, and creating a good life for yourself while doing the absolute most desirable thing that you absolutely love, ART!

1 out of Tem make it? 7 out of ten?

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Lost Soul

Re: Artists Survival Ratio [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2900473 - 07/17/04 07:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think if your an artist, and you stop making art because your not surviving from it...you never were an artist in the first place.

I live with the notion that EVERYONE is trying to be an artist. You're refering to maybe being a visual artist...while others have the talent with music, dance, cooking..whatever. For some it is only a temporary hobby....but for those that make it habit..are the artists.

I also think that with increased competition now adays in the art fields...basic business practices have to be applied to the art if you want to survive. An artist has to be versital...he should know many mediums and styles. Networking is important too...making friends with other artists is crucial. Having a ruitine and strategy....something similar to a business plan, helps organize things.

If your planning on making a living off art...you have to make your art part of your living.

Most people are thinking about just the money...when it should become a lifestyle.

I think the survival rate for people like this are 1 in 100.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media