Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebudro
journeyman
myco bag prob
    #2897434 - 07/16/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

fully clonized, introduced light 3 days ago i have white fuzz on top and cake is not looking like it should, it seems as if cake is separating too.im pissed what are my options.jim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudro
journeyman
Re: myco bag prob [Re: budro]
    #2897444 - 07/16/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

there is no foul or nasty smells either.jim

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2897457 - 07/16/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What exactly is your prob? The cake seperating? Might want to compact it a little bit. Then watch it, the myc should bring it all together before it fruits. Just my 2 shits....

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlinebudro
journeyman
Re: myco bag prob [Re: QandA]
    #2897521 - 07/16/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well the white fuzz is a concern right and and when i look into the bag looking down there are valleys all across the top and it is not a kikin white like it used to be

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2897548 - 07/16/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Have you slit the bag open?? You should prob do this, the myc may just need some air. A good misting wouldnt hurt either. Smell it too after you slit it, just to make sure. I'm willing to bet that youre okay though since you cant smell anything through the bag.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlinebudro
journeyman
    #2898460 - 07/16/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the top was cut off on day two for fanning, fanning 3 times a day and seal back with chipsaver.no smell at all that i can detect.do i need to sterilize the water for the mistin.i have distilled spring water.should i mix w anything (bleach of course using proper proportions) in case of mold.there is alot of moisture but i just discovered the temp is in the low 90's(way too much right).THANK YOU Q&A YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL JIM

Offlineoutaker
cack
    #2898648 - 07/16/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If there's no smell or color changes, I'd keep fanning. You may not see pins for up to two weeks, so just hang in there. You don't need to use distilled water. It's rare that a mold will take over a cake that's completely colonized, since the mycelium has enzymes to take care of uninvited bacteria.

OfflineTrique
Psilocybe Junkie
Loc: Chocolate Town, Pennsylva...
Re: myco bag prob [Re: outaker]
    #2898662 - 07/16/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

like outaker said, mycelium is extremely resistant to contam (for a cubensis that is)

I would say if it's fully colonized, just take the substrate out, crumble it up and case it. Mycobags are about equivalent to 5 pints of normal substrate, and in a casing you would get incredible yields.

This will make it take longer, but within a week or 2 you will see LOTS of pins and life will be good again.

May I ask what kind of myco bag it is?

Other than that, even if you keep it in the bag, you would be fine. It might be dehydrated a little which would cause the small valleys. Temperature seems a little high for fruiting also. Bring it down a good 20 degrees if at all possible, and the cold shock will help things out enormously.

--------------------
Whatever said here is not of my experience or knowledge. In fact, it was found off one of those prizes in a Cracker Jack box. I'm not sure what to think of this, so I've come here to share my interesting findings.

Offlinebudro
journeyman
Re: myco bag prob [Re: Trique]
    #2899397 - 07/17/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it is a grain based bag,there is always moisture droplets in bag (clean droplets)still no foul smells.STILL WHITE FUZZ ON TOP.have noticed a grey green VERY small spotiing.i dropped temps last night.i have been patiently waitng for this bag.this is my FIRST grow.i have come too far to be let down at this point can some one please tell me exactly what i should do.i am not trying to be a pain in the ass, i am sure you can remember your excitement your first grow.and for those of you, the disappointment of your first failure on your first grow.THANK YOU VERY MUCH I DO APPRECITE EVERYBODYS TIME,JIM

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #2899420 - 07/17/04 08:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The grey green is contamination 100%. Remove the area immediately before the mold spores spread (although color is an indication that such has already occured many times.) Grow bags are alright but I suggest never opening a bag for fanning or anything else. That's why ou got contamination. Filters on the bags allows for all the air exchange you need. I've tried bags, hate them. Try out rye grain in mason jars, much easier - and in my experience less susceptible to contamination. Final advice, don't panic. Remember, you can always isolate just a good chunk of your uncontaminated mycelium and use that to innoculate another brood. GL

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: myco bag prob [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2899448 - 07/17/04 09:15 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The filter patches allow for some air exchange for the bag, but it is definitely better to open them, but only after they are colonized 100%. After that the myc is very resistant to contams. Air flow is essential to have a good flush. As far as your green spot goes, make sure that it is not blue. It may just be bruising, but if it is indeed green, then you're going to have to try to operate or you'll lose your bag. Cut out a good portion around the spot, then spray with a 200:1 bleach, water solution. Then if youre able, pour salt into the hole in the substrate. WIth some luck, you can beat it.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
    #2899462 - 07/17/04 09:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Toss it. dont wanna be spreading spores around, and basically hurt yourself by inhaling them. its not worth it, just start over  :shrug:

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: myco bag prob [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2899484 - 07/17/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This is his only bag. I would certainly at least try to save it. Green can be beaten if caught soon enough. Good luck, soldier. :thumbup:

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlinebudro
journeyman
    #2899512 - 07/17/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here it is ,i am going to cut off all four sidesand throw away sidesspary down w/bleach solution,and put in poor mans terrarium.how does this sound,thanx!(yes this is my only bag but i do have 14 jars colonizing! :laugh:)THANX AGAIN

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2899516 - 07/17/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you can, take it outside to cut that shit off. You dont want green mold flying around your house. Also, clean off everything with bleach afterwards.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck