Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

An interesting website...
    #2895076 - 07/15/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://kovach.web.srk.fer.hr/tiaktiv/index.php?mode=put&jezik=en

How about the internet replacing the government and linking every voice on Earth? With todays technology it is more than feasible, so it isnt a question of technology its a question of should we try it?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: An interesting website... [Re: psyka]
    #2895085 - 07/15/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that would be smart, tens of millions of people logging into one place for their own input/discussions. It would never work.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting website... [Re: Redo]
    #2895093 - 07/15/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So instead the United States should continue to pay congress to say yay or nay?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2895098 - 07/15/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would say yes, we should continue to do so, congress represents the mainstream people usually.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2895122 - 07/15/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So you enjoy having 200-300 people represent 265 million people?
It can be generalized that politicians make selfish greedy decisions. If there is nothing to be gained and everyone has a voice...then I do not understand why people would be so resistant as to not even consider this. Perhaps, fear? Definately not logic, thats for sure.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (07/15/04 10:07 PM)

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2895165 - 07/15/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well, we are pushing the limits of what our country can do with its population, so some kind of change would be very good. But the internet idea would be pretty far reached.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2895265 - 07/15/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It doesnt have to rely on the internet...all I am saying is mass communication can be organized with todays technology. All we have to do is give everyone the ability to link up and share ideas. It is entirely possible...all that is needed is a system to make it efficient and secure.

For example, have everyone sign up for membership at a website and then mail them a barcode card. In order to log on to the main server they have to scan that barcode and put in their social security number...the possible number of methods are infinite and limited to imagination. The core of it is entirely possible and could revolutionize the world!

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2896007 - 07/16/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This country was deliberately set-up so as for that to NOT happen.

and wisely so.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting website... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2898271 - 07/16/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

God forbid if people actually mattered or had power. I cant seem to understand why people are so closed to this idea! Are they afraid of true democracy?

Wisely so? Why? Because you said so? Gee, then it must be true!

Prove this a stupid idea, it deserves some friggin thought. I thought our government was setup the way it is to accomodate for such a large population due to the inability to organize such a quantity of information? Well that excuse is obsolete...a better one needs to be affronted.

All that would be changed is congress...we dont need a few hundred fat selfish greedy dudes voting for us when we have the power to vote ourselves.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (07/16/04 08:30 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2898280 - 07/16/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psyka said:
How about the internet replacing the government and linking every voice on Earth? With todays technology it is more than feasible, so it isnt a question of technology its a question of should we try it?

How about replacing massive governments with local control - the more local the better. We don't need more democracy, we need less government.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting website... [Re: Evolving]
    #2898302 - 07/16/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well in an anarchic system, no one has any government power, however in a true democracy everyone has equal power in government. (I think this is a lot closer and feasible compared to anarchy with todays population).

And I know you're right dude, but I think at this moment this idea if proposed and designed correctly could have HUGE impact... I mean its just extended voted privelages.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2898320 - 07/16/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I cant seem to understand why people are so closed to this idea! Are they afraid of true democracy?

Fear is too light an emotion. Unlimited Democracy TERRIFIES me. Giving the majority of humans unlimited power over the minority is as tyrannical as any King or Emperor, perhaps moreso due to the nature of the beast.

Quote:

Prove this a stupid idea, it deserves some friggin thought.

We should be working towards maximizing liberty, in otherwords letting individuals run their own lives. Letting everyone 'vote' on anything and everything is not liberty, it is oppressive tyranny at it's most evil.

Quote:

I thought our government was setup the way it is to accomodate for such a large population due to the inability to organize such a quantity of information? Well that excuse is obsolete...a better one needs to be affronted.

Our government was set up to maximize liberty while securing natural rights. We have since strayed from that path and I would have us return to it. Rather then leading to a return to the principles of freedom, unlimited internet democracy encompassing the entire country(or planet) would take only a relatively small amount of time to plunge the entirety of humanity into a new dark age. That is not hyperbole.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting website... [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2898371 - 07/16/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I see. So we do need someone "who can do it better than us" to "do it for us" in the veil of lies and self-interest. Or rather "nobody at all." I see. We are not ready to take power of "our government." Replacing congress's role with 250 million people... I think its more than feasible.

By the way this isnt limited to just the internet. With todays technology we could set up little fuckin gameboys to link up to a central database to do it...I mean comeon...>why WOULDNT (in logical/rational thought please) this work?<

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (07/16/04 09:13 PM)

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2898388 - 07/16/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Psyka, All these people don't see the fact that we are not really represented. They just live with it and accept it. I think your plan is great and I would also add that it be premissed on a local platform. Abolish and minimalize the federal laws and government over the whole nation and give power to the most local authorities. I'm sure all states will illegallize murder stealing, etc. and some states drugs and gambling and even fewer will illeagaliaze dumb shit.

This country needs an update. Scrap the mother board and update!! Common people, how can you guys be happy when we aren't repped. WHEN WILL THEY LEGALIZE THE POT AND FIX THE POTHOLES IN OUR ROADS??

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: An interesting website... [Re: MAGnum]
    #2898411 - 07/16/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Its not my idea, but I agree it is a great idea. The first post indicates the owner of the idea.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Anonymous

#2898429 - 07/16/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

see the "open democracy" thread.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2898431 - 07/16/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

People on this site tend to challenge everything, if you post something, be prepaired to have your post torn to shreds by questioning doubting people. Of course this is a defeat to many and a refining process to few. If you can stand after being critiqued, your in a good possition.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: An interesting website... [Re: MAGnum]
    #2898465 - 07/16/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Psyka, All these people don't see the fact that we are not really represented.

Quite the contrary. I know we are not represented. If I am in the minority in a democracy I will not be represented either. Unlimited democracy is authoritarian rule by popular will, nothing more. Who represents those who have less than a majority vote? Why should the decisions of the majority, who do not live my life, take precedence over my decisions in my life?

Quote:

... I would also add that it be premissed on a local platform. Abolish and minimalize the federal laws and government over the whole nation and give power to the most local authorities.

This would be preferable to our present centralized system. I would also like to see in all political institutions an inalienable right to secession (dis-association) and association as a means of protecting minority rights. Why should anyone be forced to live under the authority of a majority whom he disagrees with as long as he harms no one else? A most instructive example is the Swiss canton system which I would like to see implemented in some form in this country (as a step in the right direction). Why have one centralized experiment in democracy when we can have a multitude of competing experiments to choose from?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineDeepDish2
journeyman
Re: An interesting website... [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2898725 - 07/16/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fear is too light an emotion. Unlimited Democracy TERRIFIES me. Giving the majority of humans unlimited power over the minority is as tyrannical as any King or Emperor, perhaps moreso due to the nature of the beast.

It seems as though you are assuming that people are inherently evil, and if given control will quickly oppress minority views. To me it seems even more scary to give large amounts of control to people with large amounts of capital. My question to you and any other libertarians is; what liberties do you feel you lack (besides the fact you can't use any drugs you wish), and how would a society with no taxes increase those liberties.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: An interesting website... [Re: DeepDish2]
    #2898996 - 07/17/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

more scary to give large amounts of control to people with large amounts of capital

Who'se only purpose is to increase profits - no matter how destructive to the survival of life on earth that may be.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale