Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
Loc: *South Florida*
Hi Everyone!
    #2898426 - 07/16/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Heyy, I'm new here and new to shroom hunting/growing. I want to look for some at my horse barn, lol. I'm wondering what the best place is to look...in damp areas, sunny, directly in/near the horse dung as u call it, or where ever you think is a good place. Thanks so much you guys  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: Stephanie]
    #2898442 - 07/16/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well, most shrooms grow in a damp place, Also I think Panaeolus shrooms grow exclusively on horse turdage. I'll try to get pics, have fun!!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2898445 - 07/16/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: MAGnum]
    #2898449 - 07/16/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, not exclusively on horse shit, but they are commonly on it

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
    #2899490 - 07/17/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, sorry if I offended anyone with my question. I should read up on things before I jump into questions. I want to learn about different kinds of mushrooms, but I'm a little impatient. I'm not here just to find active mushrooms and use people like you to help me get high. I think mushrooms are cute and interesting and I'd like to learn cool things about them. Maybe I should read a lot of threads on here for awhile or buy a book. Anyway, thanks for the help.

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

#2900082 - 07/17/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

first off what area do you live in, dont post the city as for i dont think that info should even be posted lol, just the state, and secondly you have horse lol, just check for where they dump the scrapings at, you know the stuff thats in the horse barn, they usually have it in a pile some where, thats where id check, and when you do find them( its a matter of when not if) take pictures of them and post them on here and there are a few people on here that are very good at identifing them, we dont want you to die lol by eating the wrong ones, ps just read the forum rules and stuff, get up to date, and then youre gonna be on a roll. other wise

welcome to the shroomery:D

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: JoeyBond]
    #2900732 - 07/17/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks JoeyBond. I will look into the horse stables thing. lol I had one but my dad sold her when I lost interest, but I still ride occasionally. I live in South Florida.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2900792 - 07/17/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, definately, if you have safe access to a horse-stable that would be an excellent place to start looking.

Psilocybe cubensis grow in-side of the actual stables.. in a mixture of horse dung and stable shavings.
-it has to be a mixture of the two, and rarely do they grow from the horse dung alone in the pastures, but a mixture of the horse dung and stable shavings

Here is an example of what we are talking about;

Those are from north florida, in august last year.

Im in southwest florida, its pouring rain right now.

GG

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2900859 - 07/17/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the pic. It will be hard to look in the actual stalls because their privately owned but I know a lot of people out there so I can get by on some. Plus, people there keep the stalls so clean, I doubt there would be any in them. But the fields and grazing rings are great spots to check. I'm going to look so silly out there, people will ask what I'm doing. What should I say? When you hunt and someone asks what your doing looking at the ground do you have any good excuses?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2901019 - 07/17/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the fields and grazing rings are great spots to check

-like i said, you probably wont have any luck finding psychoactive mushrooms in a horse pasture, only in the stalls with a mixture of stable shavings and horse dung. but good luck, its still possible.

Quote:

I'm going to look so silly out there, people will ask what I'm doing. What should I say?

-heheha, well for the ones that i photographed in that picture, i just walked up to a horse stall (more of a stable with a couple dozen stalls) with my camera and immediately found those cubes, there were horse-people in the stall next to me talking to eachother, and my digital camera was set so that it made a beepy noise each time i took a picture or changed a setting, heheh, so they kinda knew what i was up to but paid no attention.. when i was done with the pictures and picking them i walked a circle around the stalls and found more and then walked away, smiled at the horse-people and gave them the ol' wave/salute/smile and just kept walking.. i think one lady gave me a screwface or something but i wasn't really paying attention to her and i didn't care much anyways..

Quote:

When you hunt and someone asks what your doing looking at the ground do you have any good excuses?

-well yeah, just tell them your taking pictures of mushrooms, or looking for mushrooms. and if they give you any hassles then just find the nearest barnyard weapon you can like a shovel or a 2by4 and bonk them over the head with it and then run. :mad:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2901056 - 07/17/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

and if your not comfortable with doing that then just tell them (a lie) that you are doing a research project about pasture grass for biology class and need samples... and that your uncle owns all this property and will revoke all their riding licenses and have them all arrested for harassing you and threatening your life..

and if they harrass you any further, then you find a nice solid weapon.. and deal with them accordingly..  :mad:

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#2901750 - 07/18/04 05:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stephanie said:
Maybe I should read a lot of threads on here for awhile or buy a book. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Both :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: ivi]
    #2901875 - 07/18/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
and if they give you any hassles then just find the nearest barnyard weapon you can like a shovel or a 2by4 and bonk them over the head with it and then run. :mad:

use this only in worst case scenarios. lol. :grin:
~MSA~

OfflineStephanie
SheRRy ParK
Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #2901891 - 07/18/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think I'll be bonking anyone with 2x4's. But I'll give them shit back and throw one of my tantrums. I doubt anyone will give me shit, everyone tries to flirt instead.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2902228 - 07/18/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

haha!

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
    #2904118 - 07/18/04 11:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha, i been thinking about checking out this stable down the road from me, tho its in theese peoples backyard.. and The person that told me about it know them and says cubes do grow there, and the people pick them, thereselves.. They have a 6ft privacy fence all the way around ecept in the front and theres easy access trail threw the woods right into there back yard from the front.. im just affraid ill get caught snoopin around haha.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: Miscusi]
    #2905381 - 07/19/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

if they pick active shrooms from their own back yard, why wouldnt they give you at least one chance to pic from there?

--------------------

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2905523 - 07/19/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This chick asked me the other day what I was doing by her barn crawling on my hands and knees and was like "Excuse me- but can you tell me what the hell you are doing in my barn?"- you know with atttitude and walking up to me all swishy/cranky going to jer me up by my hair oor something and then I stood up square to her and I'm just under six four and with a huge beard and big and shit and her eyes got as big as half-dollars and I knew I had the old goat by the pantyline. So I said back to her "I've been out here for a half hour looking for one of my puppies- he's a pure bread dalmation and I'm about positive he's around the barn here- I live up the street-..." and anyway- not only did the woman buy this story but she was all hitting on me (the old fossil) and offered me a ride and helped me look and now she's offered me to ride her horses sometime if I help her out with some stuff or something (like spanking here geriatric behind- which you'd have to give me full rights to the pasture to do). But the moral of this sick story is that there are no end to the excuses you can give poeple that sound very real and genuine when looking for mushrooms if you are too afraid to tell them the truth (best to use the truth BEFORE you go into a field, though.)

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlineimhousing
Factory TrainedMonkey Spanker

Loc: In a field face up
Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2905610 - 07/19/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yea, what i do is just bring my camera with me and snap pictures of the horses.

The best way I have found to do this is just go right up to the house and knock on the door. Ask the person if they mind if you just walk around and take pictures of the animals, barns, and land. Hell they might even give you a tour! Most of the farmers (or at least their wives) are really nice and like to show off what they have built. I meen, if someone was so impressed with your artwork or house that they wanted to take pictures, would you say no? And once they do give the tour (if they do at all) just ask if you can walk around some more as long as you dont bother the horses or break anything.

works like a charm, plus you always at least get great pictures if you dont get any shrooms

peace love

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: Hi Everyone! [Re: imhousing]
    #2909282 - 07/20/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Check the woodline if there is dung in there. The largest producing field I ever saw was a horse pasture. You could fill a grocery bag crossing the field to the woods, but once under the trees they were everywhere, more bags needed. Plus the woods provide cover and you're not glancing over your shoulder every three seconds.

nono

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds