Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
sick of false Information
    #2896744 - 07/16/04 01:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm tired of people telling me false information about psychedelics when they don't know shit.Last night I was talking to my ex girlfriend,and she stated that Shrooms,Acid and well anything psychedelic puts holes in your brain,obviously this is false.She's a pillhead by the way,also likes cokes and shit...just to give you an idea of what kind of drugs she's into.Anyway,I always defend psychedelics when I hear of such things.Ever come across Idiotic people like this? psh...next time I talk to her I'm going to show her this page from erowid http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=1606

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: sick of false Information [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #2896758 - 07/16/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

X gives you holes

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: sick of false Information [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2896762 - 07/16/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hope your kidding

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2896763 - 07/16/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes,I'm aware of that.When I think of psychedelic drugs,for some reason I don't find XTC being all that psychedelic though.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: sick of false Information [Re: barfightlard]
    #2896765 - 07/16/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

im serious

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2896774 - 07/16/04 01:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't XTC decrease the chemical of serotonin found in the brain only?

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2896778 - 07/16/04 01:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

well, theres "danger" of a supposed hole - not guarunteed

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2896782 - 07/16/04 01:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

increase... low serotonin = depressed

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2896787 - 07/16/04 01:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

well your spewing out false info on that too. all that holes in the brain garbage about e is false. all that was based on very poor science. abc recently did a big study and show on all this stuff. it's called ecstacy rising, you should watch it.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2896797 - 07/16/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"well, theres "danger" of a supposed hole - not guarunteed " thats why i posted that, i wasnt 100%

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2896805 - 07/16/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was replying to your first post. and all the seratonin stuff wasn't 100% true either. that same study was saying after ecstasy use your seratonin levels were up tp 80% depleted for good. but it was proven that you lose around 5% and it can be fully restored after a few months off abstinence.

--------------------

Edited by bellylard (07/16/04 01:50 PM)

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2896810 - 07/16/04 01:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you can download ecstacy rising here http://www.maps.org/avarchive/er/

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#2896814 - 07/16/04 01:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i didnt mean that X would do that to serotonin.. i was saying when i a person has low serotonin in general.. = depress

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2896968 - 07/16/04 02:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You can thank the mis-information campaigns of the war on drugs for this kind of bullshit filtering its way into "commonly accepted" knowledge. People ultimately perpetuate this themselves because they just repeat what they are being told without doing any sort of research or investigation themselves. I mean, aren't we SUPPOSED to believe everything our government tells us :wink:.

This is why tools like www.erowid.org are INVALUABLE for dispelling myths like this and educating people about what is commonly accepted fact based on contemporary study. I'm not saying that you should believe everything you read on Erowid, but I think you'll find that most people find it to be the best source of RELIABLE information on drug use, period.

This crap about Esctasy causing holes in your brain is another example. This was from a study based on HORRID science in which the drug sample they were actually testing was METH, not MDMA. Contemporary research HAS shown that MDMA may temporarily reduce seritonin levels, but with abstenance for small periods these levels restore themselves. MDMA does NOT, I repeat does NOT, "eat holes in your brain."

Don't let people get away with perpetuating that mis-information. Correct them with the knowlege you have actually based on good research, and if they argue with you, point them to the reasources where they can read and research for themselves... and then ask them why they are stupid enough to believe everything they are told by their government :cool:.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2896985 - 07/16/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

NO drugs put "holes in your brain".... they cannot rip parts of your brain tissue out now can they? certain drugs can however change the way you brain makes connections to neuro-transmitters.... sometimes if certain areas are overused for extended periods of time , they become kindof dulled to certain neuro-transmitters. as is the case with mdma ( a form of methamphetamine) which causes your brain to flood with serotonin and dopamine...... after extended use, your brain becomes use to the high levels and when you come down your brain isnt quite as responsive to those neurons...............

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: sick of false Information [Re: psilocyber]
    #2897321 - 07/16/04 04:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The serotonin depletion theory is a long, long way from being proved too. There are people who have taken ecstasy over a thousand times who still have more serotonin than people who have never taken it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2897370 - 07/16/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The only drugs that have a decent amount of evidence for causing holes (very microscopic ones) in your brain are the dissociatives(PCP,DXM,Ketamine,Tilemine) and that is only a theorectical possibilty that hasn't really been proven yet.

The people that propose that MDMA causes "brain damage" claim that it damages microsopic ends (axons to be more specific) of serotonin receptors. This supposedly makes serotonin neurons less responsive. Again,this hasn't really be proven either.

If a drug caused big holes in your brain or makes it bleed,you would die or have serious damage to your body.Obviosly,people do this stuff all the time and they're not dropping off like flies,so draw your own conclusions.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: sick of false Information [Re: Xlea321]
    #2897415 - 07/16/04 04:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The serotonin depletion theory is a long, long way from being proved too. There are people who have taken ecstasy over a thousand times who still have more serotonin than people who have never taken it.

There is really no direct way to measure the amount of serotonin in someone's brain. The next best thing is an MRI,PET, or some other kind of scan and they only generally show things like how fast certain parts of the brain are using up glucose (sugar basically).Some scans of people both normal and ecstasy users show "holes" on the pictures of these scans. These aren't obviously real holes they are just a computer reprensentation of the outcome of a scan that doesn't represent the physical appearance of a real brain. That's probably partly how the "ecstasy puts holes in your brain" crap got started. And of course some douchbag proproganda artists rammed this perception down the public's throat.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2898119 - 07/16/04 09:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiQuiD_DiMenSioN said:
I'm tired of people telling me false information about psychedelics when they don't know shit.Last night I was talking to my ex girlfriend,and she stated that Shrooms,Acid and well anything psychedelic puts holes in your brain,obviously this is false.She's a pillhead by the way,also likes cokes and shit...just to give you an idea of what kind of drugs she's into.Anyway,I always defend psychedelics when I hear of such things.Ever come across Idiotic people like this? psh...next time I talk to her I'm going to show her this page from erowid  http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=1606

Keep fighting the good fight!  :thumbup:  I hate that kind of shit too.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #2898170 - 07/16/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

99% of the stuff you hear on the street is completely bogus...the ppl saying it tho will usually defend it to the death...and I'd say theres a fair amount of mis info on this site as well..there are some good posters obviously but you get the kids who don't know shit who probably got their info from the street

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience