Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunclehershal
Stranger
mycobags question...
    #2896377 - 07/16/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey, im going to go with the mycobags for my first time trying this. i was looking online for this but couldnt find it, after i get the bags without the grain in them (too much money when i have my own pressure cooker) how do i get them sterile? i have a feeling the bags themselves cannot go into the pressure cooker, so should i just put the grain in a mason jar and then immediatly transfer it to my bags or is there a better way at doing this? thanks for any help you could give me. any other comments about the bags would help too, ive never done this so i dont know what to expect. thanks again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: mycobags question... [Re: unclehershal]
    #2896537 - 07/16/04 10:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The bags are autoclavable (ie pressure cookable as well). Depending on the grain you are working with it you can either mix the grain and water in the bag and cook/sterilize at the same time, or you can pre-cook the grain to perfect water content and then load the cooked and soaked grain into the bag for sterilization in the cooker.

Here is a basic guide that can show you some of the steps needed. If you are working in a good clean area the use of a flow hood or hepa filtering device is NOT always required, but you will need to work quickly to minimize possible contaminations. Also for some a smaller or less expensive impulse sealer can be used to properly seal the bags after they have been cooked.

http://www.sporeworks.com/labnotes/ryebagtek.html

Hope this is helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies