Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Jar after 3 weeks.
    #2894359 - 07/15/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

MF's jar is almost fully colonized. still just a bit in the corner left and it will be completely ready. but....

after taking a gander at it today, MF thinks he sees some "Fluffy" areas, peticularly around the top by the lid. could this be a contamination, or just the myc filling in the jar? this is MF's first jar so i dont really have any idea, i think its been going pretty good for MF but he hasnt seen anything like this before in the jar.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Jar after 3 weeks. [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2894449 - 07/15/04 08:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a good way to decide if a jar is contamned or not is to look at the bottom of the jar is there puddles of nasty water down there? if not leave it alone until you can be sure the fluffy isnt just mycel.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Jar after 3 weeks. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2894471 - 07/15/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well MF has the jar turned upside down...so the water would in theory be on the lid, which has holes in it which the water would leak through. but MF doesnt have any water on the thing so i guess its alright then. i wasnt that worried, figured MF was just getting a little jumpy since hes a noob, so im just gonna imagine its alright. hey, he got this far with no contams right?

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #2894476 - 07/15/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

its a sign the jars are drying out... put them in a closed place, cut the temp a bit if you can, if you're heating the jars, stop heating, they should do fine without it...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: Jar after 3 weeks. [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2894487 - 07/15/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm. well they are almost done. they are in MF's closet sitting on a shelf, under a box so they are in darkness. the temp stays about 70-80 id guess during the day, drops a bit during the night. MF isnt heating the jars.

--------------------

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
    #2894632 - 07/15/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I took another look, and it appears that the top layer of verm, thats there to protect the cake and what not, has shifted a WHOLE lot. MF is worried that maybe the top layer, which wasnt sterile at all after these 3 weeks, may have touch the top and now he has something growing. MF will give it another day or two before he decides on that, but what would you guys say about that? i mean i took the tape off, against what the Tek said, and i turned it over, giving the verm the chance to move around like that.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation