Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinek2nride
journeyman
I think i might have a problem fruiting
    #2893652 - 07/15/04 04:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This is my first attempt at cultivation. I have 4 half-pint jars that are fully colonized that I innocualted about 2 1/2 weeks ago. They have been in the fruiting chamber for about 5 days. The problem that I have is that I didnt incubate the jars like I should have. The temp was about 77-80 degrees, but they always were in the light. I didnt know that you dont want them to have light until they were in the fruiting cycle. BTW the strain im growing is Huautla. Anyway while they are in the fruiting chamber, i have the temp around 72-75 degrees, and the humidity is somewhere around 90, although i dont know cause the gauge i have is pretty cheap (i bought it at home depot for $4) so i dont know if its working that good. I dont really know what pinning looks like, but since they have been in the chamber, there has been clumps of myc. growing out of the smooth surface of the cake. They look almost too fluffy to be primordia, but i dont know anything about it. What does pinning look like? Also a few days ago, i noticed condensation forming on the cakes in small droplets all over them so i adjusted the humidity down. The fruiting chamber is getting fanned about 3 times a day. Is there anything else i can do to get these things to fruit since i gave them light when they were colonizing? Or do i just wait it out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: I think i might have a problem fruiting [Re: k2nride]
    #2893662 - 07/15/04 04:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you could put them back into they're jars and cold shock/dunk them for 24 hours. to do this simply get some spring water and put the cakes back in their jars. fill the jars up so that they're not overflowing with water... use judgement. The cakes will float up on the water a little bit so just put the lids on the jars to push down the cakes. then wrap each jar with a paper towel for extra protection against contams. (i dont know if this actually works, but it has for me flawlessly). Then take these water and cake filled jars and put them in the fridge for 24 hours. After that take them out and dump out the water *handle the cakes as little as possible* Put em back in the fruiting chamber and I gaurentee in a few days you'll have pins and a fairly larger flush compared to if you didn't dunk them.

on a side note pins (in my experience) look like goosebumps on the mycellium. Although here have been instances where theres been little shootes of mycellium comming off the cake that look like rhyzomorphs. I've found sometimes that these turn into mushrooms (which sounds like what you're explaining)

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation