Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Guantanamo tactics applied to Senate
    #2893018 - 07/15/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sleep deprivation for change!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/johnmccaslin/jm20040713.shtml

SLUMBER PARTY

If the trend continues, congressmen will have to stay up mighty late - or else awaken before the crack of dawn - to cast votes in the waning months of the 108th Congress.

Sleepy-eyed Democrats aren't amused by the Republican-led "wee-hour" voting, including a groggy Ohio Rep. Sherrod Brown, who calls the previous five days "a bad week in Washington."

"Never before when the Democrats were in control, or when Newt Gingrich was [Republican] speaker of the House, never before has this House of Representatives operated in such secrecy," he says.

"At 2:54 a.m. on a Friday in March," he begins, "the House cut veterans' benefits by three votes. At 2:39 a.m. on a Friday in April, the House slashed education and health care by five votes. At 1:56 a.m. on a Friday in May, the House passed the tax-cut bill, weighted especially towards millionaires, by a handful of votes."

Is that the worst of it?

"At 2:33 a.m. on a Friday in June, the House passed the Medicare privatization bill by one vote. At 12:57 a.m. on a Friday in June, the House eviscerated Head Start by one vote. And then, after returning from summer recess, at 12:12 a.m. on a Friday . . . the House voted $87 billion for Iraq," he continues.

Are you, sir, insinuating a Republican strategy - to cast votes in the dark of the night while newspapermen are home sleeping?

"Always in the middle of the night, always after the press had passed their deadlines, always after the American people had turned off the news and gone to bed," Brown insists.

"At best, Americans read a small story with a brief explanation of the bill and the vote count in the Saturday newspaper. And people here, the Republican leadership, know that Saturday is the least-read newspaper of the week."

How long has this been going on?

"In November, they did it again. The most sweeping changes in Medicare in its 38-year history were forced through the House at 5:55 on a Saturday morning."

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Guantanamo tactics applied to Senate [Re: afoaf]
    #2893208 - 07/15/04 01:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Is this a second "midnight ride"?...Oh forgive me Paul Revere was warning us against just this sort of thing,approaching tyranny.
What a bunch of morons the democrats are for allowing them to keep getting away with the teenage tactic.Sneaking out at night to pull pranks is easily thwarted by simply keeping a watchful eye on the un(rule)ly brat.So I wonder how the Dems can excuse the tactic working repeatedly unless they are "playing dead"to save face while allowing it to occcur.
We are fucked ya'll get used to it, Kerry will be Bushlite, but it will continue until we have been gutted,filleted,and fried.
WR:wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (07/15/04 01:42 PM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Guantanamo tactics applied to Senate [Re: whiterasta]
    #2893228 - 07/15/04 01:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

whiterasta said:
Is this a second "midnight ride"?...Oh forgive me Paul Revere was warning us against just this sort of thing,approaching tyranny.
What a bunch of morons the democrats are for allowing them to keep getting away with the teenage tactic.Sneaking out at night to pull pranks is easily thwarted by simply keeping a watchful eye on the un(rule)ly brat.So I wonder how the Dems can excuse the tactic working repeatedly unless they are "playing dead"to save face while allowing it to occcur.
We are fucked ya'll get used to it, Kerry will be Bushlite, but it will continue until we have been gutted,filleted,and fried.
WR:wexican:

Exactly. The Dems have prior notice of the votes so why don't they alert the media and show up for the vote. Doesn't seem to difficult to me.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Guantanamo tactics applied to Senate [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2893261 - 07/15/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what would that help?

those stupid liberal reporters prefer beer and bed to
factual reporting anyways...

:smirk:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Re: Guantanamo tactics applied to Senate [Re: afoaf]
    #2893319 - 07/15/04 02:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

omg!.. it makes such perfect sense now.
Thats completely fucked up. I wonder if the democrates also pull this bs.
dude! no wonder noone knows about this shit.

ohh.. what a nasty clever little plan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion