Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
College professors programms young minds
    #2892482 - 07/15/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have noticed that most students in my classes adopt whatever philosophy the professors have. It starts gradually until they are totally consumed with borrowed ideas.

Its so fucking annoying hearing those douches trying to sell off the professors ideas as their own.
They like the same literature, same philosophers and has the same political views.

So we have this one professor who is a something of a genius and everyone likes him. His ideas are the onces most copied. Unfortunately he is also the least objective of the faculty. He constantly spews out propaganda and left wing rhetoric. Sure i like him and i think he is witty and clever but i wouldn't touch his ideology with a pair of pliers until i actually understand what the fuck he is talking about.
There is a difference between saying something that sounds good or actually knowing something.

I do it to sometimes at dinner parties with other pseudo intellectuals. I pass someone elses ideas off as my own. Immediately i can feel warm glow of acceptance from the other fucks at the table. We all know we are full of shit but we don't care because it feels good to look at the confused faces of our dates at the table.

I'm reluctant to bring up new ideas since i know they will either not understand or they will copy it to the book of bullshit references.
Sure, i realize it is part of an education to borrow "thoughts" and get new ideas but this all out copying needs to stop.

Like people taking a philosophy class and all of the sudden they don't like Nietzsche because he is so fatalistic or whatever they heard the professor say.

/end rant

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: College professors programms young minds [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2892508 - 07/15/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

One example of this is when i took a general arts class. We studied different photographers and the teacher showed us his favorite ones. Most of the class adopted some of those photographers as their own personal favorites. I did to.

So after a while trying to get inspired i looked at a particular photographer my teacher raved about. I looked at composition, framing, and lighting. I tried to emulate his style in order to please my teacher.

After further analysis i realized that the photographers work really didn't appeal to me. Sure the guy 'did' awesome compositions but in my eye it just didn't look so good. After a debate in class one day i told the teacher that i have come to realize that i don't after all like the guy. Immediately the zombies in class ran in to the teachers defense claiming ignorance and lack of a photographers eye on my part.

So maybe i do lack the eye but that doesn't make my oppinion any less true.

Maybe thats the way of an artist. You start copying others until you develop your own style. Am i presumptuous to believe that i am to only one realizing that we are being fed with ideas of good and bad?

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #2892786 - 07/15/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I have also noticed that most students won't think for themselves , but take directly the opinions of others.

I was also myself this way for some years. But when I became more interested in what I study(math and computers), I started doing research on my own and finding things out for myself. But that was not something my teachers taught me, i had to awaken somehow on my own.

In general, outside academics, most people won't think for themselves for things they regard as too complex, like art or politics, most will just follow some authority figure. This causes ignorance and many problems, for example people who blindly believe their leader may follow him in unjust deeds, it was so with Hitler and Stalin.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: College professors programms young minds [Re: gotmagog]
    #2892811 - 07/15/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

could it be thats how people were trained to behave through years of compulsory "schooling" ?

http://www.spinninglobe.net/againstschool.htm

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: College professors programms young minds [Re: BleaK]
    #2892921 - 07/15/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the link Bleak, good read!

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #2892943 - 07/15/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

As with any education institute, there is a strong sense of brainwashing.

This can be with working at the office, the military, school, piano lessons, anything that means you are instantly being influenced to think these things because, what else do you know on the subject being taught?

The adaptation between the student/teacher relationship is inevitable. Until the student does have the motivation to learn more on the topics being presented in the class, they will instantly either rebel or succumb to these ideals of their professors.

Oh, and by the way Nietzsche is a very brilliant philospher, beyong good and evil my friends....

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2894066 - 07/15/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

maybe your school is filled with idiots, because students at my uni are always critical of their profs. However, I think this is more of a philosophy department affair. Phil majors tend to be pretentious idiots who are only able to memorize passages and regurgitate them.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2894119 - 07/15/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They can only program the minds of those that want to be programmed.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2898977 - 07/17/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I call this "programming" influences. I learned many new things in college and I loved attending it thoroughly. The learning environment I found very stimulating. I learned many excellant things from my teachers there, but I don't agree with all of their views. I was 34 when I attended college. A lot of you young guys think it is a hassle and you are being persecuted, but work a job for 10 to 15 years and then go to college...you will truly appreciate the experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order