Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefft2
journeyman

Bush or Kerry?
    #2891303 - 07/14/04 10:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

-Listen... if someone gives you information saying this country has nuclear weapons and is going to attack us, and then backs it up with more false info, I dont know anyone who wouldnt vote for war.-

Right, but Richard Clark also went on record stating that Bush explicitly asked for information which *links Iraq to Alqaeda* even though they had none. This discussion might be easier if ppl just read the 911 transcripts instead of reciting Bill Oreilly's/Rush Limbaugh's/Sean Hannity's propaganda spin on it. Thats right I said, "read".

The Dems and Reps are both currently prowar because we can not pull out without Iraq being a huge disaster that everyone just points their finger at and says, "See we told ya so...". We're pretty close but not there yet... And to go even further the Democrats and the Republicans are both pretty much the same party. The Republicans today are just extremist right-wing conservatives(they weren't always) and the Democrats are what the Republicans were maybe 20yrs ago. So we're given the choice of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Do we choose the guy who almost got us into a war with china his first month in office or John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy who speaks to God(literally not thru prayer) about killing dark-skinned people or John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy who fostered bills to remove privacy and free speech among other civil liberties or John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy who has OUR tax dollars going into his born-again christian religion via "A Faith-Based Initiative" or John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy who took us from being a respected nation to being the *Most-hated Nation in the world*( or even the next Nazi Germany by many countries' view)?

Do we choose the guy who snorted cocaine or John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy who dodged the draft into an elite National Unit in texas with 120,000 applicants ahead of him by only scoring a 25 out of 100 on his testing(1 point away from being too dumb to fly) or a national hero John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy who is facing war crimes for atrocities commited in Afghanistan (not Iraq...yet) in International Court or John Kerry?

Do we choose the guy that flew Osama Bin Laden's family out of america while the rest of us ran for our lives or John Kerry?

Do we choose *the guy who didn't know what to do in the hour when the nation needed him most* or John Kerry?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: fft2]
    #2891313 - 07/14/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What is with the snorted cocain angle on a drug forum? Bush did coke. Clinton did drugs. Gore did drugs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kerry sampled the standard fare at all the protest rallies in the 60's. I don't know if anyone has every asked him about it. I think one of the best arguments for relaxing drug laws is having Presidents that have done drugs. If they weren't locked up, then nobody else should be either.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Anonymous

#2891317 - 07/14/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

almost got us into a war with china

i don't remember that part.

speaks to God(literally not thru prayer) about killing dark-skinned people

and you know what bush "speak to god about" how?

Do we choose the guy who fostered bills to remove privacy and free speech among other civil liberties or John Kerry?

john kerry voted for the patriot act, did he not?

took us from being a respected nation to being the *Most-hated Nation in the world*( or even the next Nazi Germany by many countries' view

:lol:

who snorted cocaine

i'd prefer a president who's tried cocaine actually.

the guy who is facing war crimes for atrocities commited in Afghanistan (not Iraq...yet) in International Court

i missed that part too.

that flew Osama Bin Laden's family out of america while the rest of us ran for our lives

:yawn:

the guy who didn't know what to do in the hour when the nation needed him most

huh?

listen. i don't like GWB and i think i might even prefer that kerry win the election... but shit. that was terrible. :thumbdown:

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: ]
    #2891324 - 07/14/04 10:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i don't like GWB and i think i might even prefer that kerry win the election... but shit. that was terrible.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2891348 - 07/14/04 10:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So we're given the choice of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Fortunately, we're not.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#2891353 - 07/14/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"Do we choose the guy who took us from being a respected nation to being the *Most-hated Nation in the world*( or even the next Nazi Germany by many countries' view)?"

Let's be clear. We weren't the most respected nation before Bush. Plenty of terrorist attacks occured before Bush took office -- in fact I think we had more of our shit blown up during Clinton's term than Bush's, even taking into account 8 years vs. 4 years.

And let's be honest, GWB is crazy, but John Kerry is a maniac. What's GW's stance on issues? Clearly defined. What in the hell is John Kerry's stance on issues? Any issues? Well, he doesn't like George W Bush, I know that.. what about anything else?

I think there's a saying about something like this. Choose the devil you know over the devil you don't know.

Hell I hate Bill Clinton, and I'd trust him before John Kerry. He's an unpredictable madman, whereas Bush is simply a predictable madman. I'll choose the road to hell that I have a map to, thanks.

Offlinevoice
label me
Loc: AZ
Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2891421 - 07/14/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

why do people keep saying that the fact that bush has clear convictions is a good thing? doesn't bin laden have clear convictions? and why is predictibility a good thing? i can *predict* that if there are 4 more years of these people, we can be sure of the demise of america (yes it has been slowly dying for a long time) ...

personally i would trust a guy who understands combat who has no conflict of interest when it comes to oil in a war with iraq ... do i trust kerry? hell no. do i think were screwed either way? yup.

--------------------
beliefs are substitutes for knowledge

www.voistradaumus.com

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2891443 - 07/14/04 11:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

There both douche puppets.....Either of em are poor choices for the country. I'd rather see Kerry win though.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2891851 - 07/15/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Bush and Kerry are not one in the same. The one party idea is a non-starter used by people that are too fringe too have power in the electoral process. I think it is also wrong to assume that both are puppets. That is also unsubstantiated and not constructive.

I think it would be nice to have Kerry as President because he is more articulate and comes off more intelligent, and John Edwards seems alot more likeable than Dick Cheney...but I don't agree on most of his issues. I don't want more taxes, I don't want to kiss the asses of the UN, Germany and France, who don't give a damn about us, and I don't want somebody who still believes Florida went to Al Gore. I also see no reason to believe Kerry would be any more effective at stopping terrorism. My choice is clear. This surely baffles many, but considering that I reject most of the uncritical premises the anti-Bush people stand on, and also the cliche premise that both sides are the same, and that politicians are all corrupt, I am much more free to choose the candidate that I align with most on the issues.

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2891907 - 07/15/04 02:00 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

(If I could) I would vote Kerry, mainly for the simple fact that Bush is WAY too religious to be a president. Politics and religion don't mix well, especially when dealing with terrorists from another extremist religion.

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: JPZ]
    #2892354 - 07/15/04 06:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

JPZ writes:

Politics and religion don't mix well, especially when dealing with terrorists from another extremist religion.

As Jimmy Carter was the first to demonstrate.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: voice]
    #2895193 - 07/16/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"personally i would trust a guy who understands combat who has no conflict of interest when it comes to oil in a war with iraq ... do i trust kerry? hell no. do i think were screwed either way? yup. "

careful with that 'no conflicts of interest' thing.

conflicts of interests is what MAKES politicians.

"(If I could) I would vote Kerry, mainly for the simple fact that Bush is WAY too religious to be a president. Politics and religion don't mix well, especially when dealing with terrorists from another extremist religion. "

I seriously, seriously doubt Bush sees this as a holy crusade.

Aside all that, Kerry's about the most left-wing wacko you can find. And what that means is, he plays the idiot card. All those who are dimwitted but won't admit it, essentially, are his target audience.
Kerry would pretty much assure us that America will act like the rest of the world's bitchboy and bow down to international pressure. and there's some pretty bad international pressure out there.
And it would revive the antigun movement full-force. Those idiots aren't fit for anything. Would've been better if no one had taught them to read or write or even speak.
And it would give us a full 4 years of racially-charged rhetoric. The liberals LOVE the race card, even though they're the most racists fucks around. Minorites don't, and shouldn't, be treated like ignorant children. That's incredibly demeaning, and yet, they say they care so obviously they do right? No, sometimes it's best to flat-out tell somebody that they can be every bit as good as someone else, and to stop using the color of their skin as a crutch.
And don't try and lie and pretend that's not what happens. That's EXACTLY what happens. The liberals have been telling black folk for so long that it's not THEIR fault this and not THEIR fault that, and they've been listening and believing that they can't do anything to get themselves into a better place. Thankfully my cousins have finally grown out of this mire of self-pity that the liberals would like to keep black voters in.
"You're doomed because you're black and these people don't like you! It's not your fault! YOUR ONLY HOPE IS TO VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU."

Yeah. Right.

And yes, I'd gladly choose Bush. I don't agree with a LOT of his social positions, but Kerry's won't be any better. What, you think Kerry's going to stop the drug war, legalize weed, legalize gay marriage and stop the pro-life movement?
christ man, he won't do any of that. he might tell you he will, if he thinks it will get him a vote, and he'll turn around and tell someone else the exact opposite to get their vote, and then sit on his thumbs and do nothing but suck the cock of anyone waiving a campaign contribution.
The difference is that while I disagree with Bush's stance on issues.. I can trust that if he says he's pro-life, he is, and if he says he's anti-drug, he is. And you call Bush a liar? At the very least, he is up-front about his position on things.

And even if you disagree, that gives you a solid position to fight against. Kerry will say what you want to hear, make you think he's chummy, and stab you in the back if he thinks it would get him votes.

That's what I mean by the devil you know.

I'd fight a bull in the middle of the day before I'd fight something I can't see in the dark.

Aside from that I got real bored, real fast, with Kerry complaining about us not having a clear plan to get out of Iraq.

That's just so fucking clueless I don't understand how he can be considered more intelligent. There WAS a plan, douche.. unlike that wonderful plan that Clinton had for Bosnia, or any of the other places he decided to send Americans to. O wait we're still there arent we. What about Somalia? O.. bad example, yeah, I guess Clinton never had a plan to get out of anything, just figured sending troops there would be enough. While you might not AGREE with Bush's plan to hand Iraq back to the Iraqi people, you can't say that there wasn't a plan at all.. well, unless you've got an extra 21st chromosome or something.

and do you want to talk about giving a handjob to corporate america?
No matter what Bush has done or will do, the DMCA, thank you Clin-ton for signing that piece of shit, was the biggest reach-around in my memory. Mainly because it completely repeals consumer fair-use law, without actually mentioning it at all. You can't pass a law that says "You can do X!" and then pass another law that says "You can't do X!" without repealing the first law, which essentially is what the DMCA did.

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: Bush or Kerry? [Re: Phred]
    #2895445 - 07/16/04 01:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
JPZ writes:

Politics and religion don't mix well, especially when dealing with terrorists from another extremist religion.

As Jimmy Carter was the first to demonstrate.

pinky

Agreed.

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

OfflineCupOfWater
Gesture ofkindness
Loc: louisiana
    #2895961 - 07/16/04 04:34 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

before reading this (had no knowledge on the subject, still dont rather) i say fuck bush and fuck kerry elect me. : )

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion