Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
feeling kinda sad
    #2891180 - 07/14/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i have this friend, and we've been friends for a couple years now. recently we got into a fight, and we didn't speek for about a month.

for the past 3 weeks we have been talking more, and hanging out, things looked like there lookin up.
or so i thought
she had organized a little shin-dig tonight and emailed everyone about it..everyone except me :frown:
now we have a very close group of friends, and we always do everything togeather. we're like a family.
everyone got an email to go to her house but me.
i feel like i've put a lot of effort to reslove things, and i hoenstly thought taht things were going well.
but now i don't knwo what to think. i'm really upset by this. i even cried. i've been trying to overcome personal issues, but when things like this happen, i just don't want to care at all anymore.
nothing ever seems to work out.

not sure where i'm going with this..i just really need to vent, thanks shroomery

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: feeling kinda sad [Re: soylent_green]
    #2891273 - 07/14/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Stuff like this is always hard, but my advice is not to read too much into that one event. It could be a mistake or something. Even if it is the worst case scenario, feeling hurt can lead you to actions that will make the freindship even more difficult. You will find that your relationships become deeper and more enjoyable when you don't try to cling too hard and use them for your own gratification.
If you suspect your freind is being a jerk, first don't assume the worst, and secondly if it is deliberate don't let it bother you. Keep being a good freind, and if the freindship isn't reciprocated let it go and be happy. Hope that helps.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2891352 - 07/14/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno whether you're male or female but either way don't let it get you down because it's only social bullshit. When you lose friends you become stronger, maybe not at first but ultimately. I'm not saying you've necessarily lost this friend but, ey, you get better do what you gotta do in life, you don't have to depend on anyone else, you direct your own will, you go kick ass and you don't have to talk to anyone or explain yourself.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2891415 - 07/14/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It happens. Maybe they were just still upset about the fight or something? Who knows. Like divided said, don't read to much into it. I used to do that far too often and it only leads to getting hurt over very minor things.

Now you have to decide where to go from here? Are you going to hold a grudge against the person over it? I wouldn't advise it. Maybe just talk to them and ask them why they decided not to invite you? Be chill about it and tell them you're not pissed off, just wondered why they'd leave you out on the fun. Then go hang out with them or something. Friends are awesome. Shit happens. Ya dig?

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2892492 - 07/15/04 08:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sound like your friend is being an immature jerk. (sounds like what high school girls do) Just don't let it get you down. Plan a party and invite everyone including her/him. Show everyone that you can raise to the occasion and be the better person. Cheer up things will get better.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: feeling kinda sad [Re: UncleMike]
    #2893686 - 07/15/04 04:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i think i'm just going to let this go, thanks for all the advise guys. hopefully things will look up. and if not i'm sure i'll tell everyone about it hah.
thanks again for listing :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #2893713 - 07/15/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

One more thing...

Never over-try for something.
Destiny has a plan for all of us, and all of our relationships.
If your relationship is meant to continue, it will. If not, always take into consideration all of the great things you learned from eachother, after all, thats what relationships are for!
Smile big and remember you always have a friend in Shroomerites!
:-)

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being