Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Greenthumb
HipHopHead 4Life

Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms?
    #2890819 - 07/14/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Crazy shit. Yesterday 2 of my friends ate an 1/8 of shrooms ea. I didn't eat any because I didn't feel it so I just hung out and kind of watched them to make sure they didn't wig out or anything. Well we went up on this hiking trail and sat next to this creek. We were there about 20 mins and smoked a bowl and one of my friends was sitting right next to me on the same rock smoking a cig. His cig he just lit a min ago fell out of his mouth into the creek and all the sudden he falls over and his head landed on my lap. I got up and tried to set his head down on the rock but it slipped out of my hands and his head dropped onto the rock HARD. It only dropped about 4" but I heard and felt it hit. After that his eyes were rolled back in his head. He was only out for about 5 secs then came to and was just tellin us to keep talking to him. He had a big ol' bump on his head. Pretty scary shit. I'm glad I wasn't trippin but my other friend who was was handeling it pretty good. I was impressed. Well people started comming so we couldn't stay there. He was all fucked up lying on the ground and shit. I helped him up but he fell right back down. We had about a 2 block walk down hill to my car on very rough terrain and I practically had to carry him to the car. He wanted milk so we stopped and got him a bottle and he drank it up. He seemed fine after that but he was pretty freaked out as was I. I thought I was gonna have to haul his ass to the ER when he passed out. Dropped him off with some other friends and haven't talked to him since.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: Dr. Greenthumb]
    #2890912 - 07/14/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

His blood pressure droped. It happens to me some times on mushrooms. I dont usually black out tho, i can feel it coming and sit back down. Marijuana does this to me also, but hasnt lately now that i think about it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: baraka]
    #2891042 - 07/14/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I've seen quite a few posts about the same thing. Almost always is in conjunction with smoking a bowl. If you're shrooming, sit down to smoke that bowl.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2891116 - 07/14/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

happened to me once, but lasted like three hours, kind of a waste but boy was it intense, very weird.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineDr. Greenthumb
HipHopHead 4Life

Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2891147 - 07/14/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Yeah, I've seen quite a few posts about the same thing. Almost always is in conjunction with smoking a bowl. If you're shrooming, sit down to smoke that bowl.

We were sitting. He never even got up actually since we smoked the bowl. The blood pressure thing makes sense though.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2891152 - 07/14/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It's a good thing he was, otherwise it could have been MUCH worse.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisibleshriek

#2891159 - 07/14/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yes ive seen it

Anonymous

#2891167 - 07/14/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've seen it happen once and its happened to me a few times

OfflineErannWolf
Stranger
    #2891332 - 07/14/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My buddy passed out in antoehr buddys bathroom, and his mom came out, and stuff got sketchy.

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: Organic]
    #2891510 - 07/14/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I had this happen to me at bonnaroo, Thursday, the day we arrived.

After drinking beer all day (more than 10, I don't know why I drank so much, I usually know when to stop, maybe it was because I hadn't slept in 36 hours) I decided to smoke a bowl with this guy that had really good shit.

After smoking a bowl, I started feeling really weak, so I laid down in the tent, which had been baking in the sun for a few hours. Well, while laying down in there I realized that this intoxication and heat wasn't exactly pleasureable, so I decide to get out of the tent.

So I get out, try to walk, and stumble into the car and catch myself, and lost my balance, stumbled past my neighbors (2 really nice girls), then I think I blacked out and fell backwards into someone's tent they were trying to put up. It was so embarrassing, but everyone was cool about it. Asking if I was ok and stuff, they were obviously not amused, but sympathetic.

I ended up going to the mist tent, which didn't do any good, I still felt shitty. I walked back to the tent and one of the girls asked if I wanted to go to the medic tent, I told her "I don't know" (I was really delierious, and obviously confused). So she brought me there anyway. I laid down in there and ended up vomiting all that beer up, which made me feel infinately better.

I wake up, not realizing I had passed out. I'm confused as shit, and it's nighttime. I walk out of the tent, and I'm in Bonnaroo, at the busiest little road in the campgrounds. I proceed to have 3 of the greatest days of my life.

I'm glad this shit happened to me the day not much happened. I still felt like a fool though for embarassing myself in front of my neighbors. I can't believe I indulged like I did, I usually know when to stop.

Anonymous

#2891515 - 07/14/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

a friend of a friend ate a quarter of some shrooms when he was piss ass drunk and already did some lines of coke that night. He was on his way into the living room and just fucking fell down and busted his head on the wood floor. he got up about 15 seconds later and didnt know what the hell just happened, i guess he just left.

i asked him the next day if he experienced anything while he was blacked out, and he said "yes, i had a dream." i was like about what? he said "my life."

....he died, briefly. 15 second death. i blame the coke and hard alcohol mix for that though, had nothing to do with the shrooms i dont think, though im sure they could have added the extra strain on the body. it was a quarter afterall.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2892178 - 07/15/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Bug report:

Description: Passing out on mushrooms

Steps to reproduce:
1. Consume good dose of psychedelic mushrooms

2. Go on a hefty hike

3. Smoke pot

4. Fall over

It is very easy to get light-headed on mushrooms. Let me guess; this isn't a big buff "let's hit the gym" kind of guy is it?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2892204 - 07/15/04 02:18 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Oh any my experience with passing out was pretty bad..... could have been very bad:

I was shrooming alone (did I not see recently a post asking "are sitters really necessary?" - for newbs, definitely) in my home one evening. The peak was hitting so I smoked a couple bowls to kick it into hyperspace. Gee then about 15 minutes later I realized I had to piss very badly, and got up off of my bed and started heading to the restroom quite quickly - TOO quickly! I could feel the blood shifting down my body, out of the back of my head, and got very very dizzy...

I figured I could make it to the toilet and sit down but I was getting totally overwhelmed - I experienced some incredible visuals attached to this really high-pitch ears-ringing sound.. It looked like I was getting attacked by these little mean spirits or something lol (I rarely "believe" my visuals after the trip but heh they sure had me fooled at the moment) - Totally overwhelmed and very dizzy, I made it to the bathroom and looked into the mirror (usually a great experience for me on shrooms.. I still, despite this particular experience, don't know why people have difficulty with mirrors..) - BAM that instant the effect finished me off, and I kinda blacked-out. My body went totally weak and I could only see in black and white (and barely see at all) as I felt and heard myself fall over. I fell sideways and forward a bit, hitting my head on the side of my shower, then hitting my head on the counter, and then falling back to the hard floor.

It wasn't until the final impact that I really even realized what was going on - holy shit man I just totally fucked myself up! I laid there watching my vision return to semi-normal and took some nice deep breaths - I noticed I felt VERY hot from the pass-out but was cooling off very quickly. I got up quite slowly, breathing deeply and looked back into the mirror, seeing a nice mark on my forehead from my first-alone-trip injury. I remember thinking "so THIS is why they tell you not to trip alone...."

Of course, being the moron that I am, I've tripped by myself numerous times since, but I make sure I don't just suddenly jump up and dash off somewhere during my trips now.

Keep it safe, people - remember it may be fun, but the drugs DO effect your body and your mind, and can make you very sensitive to sudden change.

damn what a rant!! ok no more from me

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2892222 - 07/15/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my friend has fallen asleep on acid before.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2892251 - 07/15/04 02:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Must not have been very good..

edit: OR, it was so good that he can't remember most of the trip and THINKS he fell asleep.

"How was the trip, man! Dude you're so lucky you found acid.."

"You know I'm just not sure.... it started off pretty awesome, but man I don't know - I think I fell asleep halfway through or something"

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (07/15/04 02:45 AM)

InvisibleChronic7
    #2892366 - 07/15/04 05:15 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i almost passed out once by standing up too fast, my mate did pass out once and wacked his head, he got a pretty nasty scar from it too.

--------------------

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #2892546 - 07/15/04 07:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The time I passed out on shrooms it was pretty much due to my ego being demolished by eating the mushrooms :P

I ate about 4grams of good shrooms, and hadn't eaten much all day.

About 1 hour after consumption I was playing some bongos with some friends and I just had to lay down and let it all hit me.  After a few eternities exploring the patterns in the trees reality just kind of cesed to have any kind of 'me' in it.

So yea, I was out for an indeterminate amount of time :smile:

OfflineDr. Greenthumb
HipHopHead 4Life

Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2892593 - 07/15/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
...Let me guess; this isn't a big buff "let's hit the gym" kind of guy is it?

Correct. He's skinny as fuck!

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

#2893067 - 07/15/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I cant even hold my eyes shut when im tripping hard,they get way open like im wired out on some shit.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Ever seen or heard of anyone passing out on shrooms? [Re: DEATH666]
    #2893486 - 07/15/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Death, try holding your eyes shut for a few minutes next time - one of my favorite things about shrooming is the things I witness behind closed eyelids

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies