Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Humidity Meter, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCRACKMAN
Stranger
Moisture on Cakes - How bad is it???
    #2890973 - 07/14/04 08:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so this is my first time trying all this out. I have two humidity gauges and they match up and I have been maintaining my box at about 90-93% humidity. My box is a big plastic storage toat. I am using a ultrasonic humidifier going through two large hiawaiian punch bottles. You can barely see the humidity coming out of the end of the hose. I had additional bottles hooked up but was unable to keep the humidity up so I took them off. I have a oscilating heater set back a ways on low just to keep the temp at 75-80. That was causing a lot of the humidity to burn off as well. The plus to this is that there is no condensation on the top plexiglass window, and so nothing will drip down onto my cakes. I will try to attatch a couple of photos, I am wondering how serious extra condensation on the cakes themselves is. I have some pins popping up on one cake, and some weird looking things on the other, possible another strain pinning. I hope that someone can answer the humidity question and identify the weird sprouts on the other pic.-

These are normal - I know that... but...

These look strange, no dark heads, and they are real tall, is the moisture to high on this cake?

Edited by CRACKMAN (07/14/04 08:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moisture on Cakes - How bad is it??? [Re: CRACKMAN]
    #2891389 - 07/14/04 11:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The cakes are just starting to fruit. Try and keep the condinsation off the cakes if possiable, but I've never really had a problem with it

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Moisture on Cakes - How bad is it??? [Re: CRACKMAN]
    #2891531 - 07/15/04 12:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Soon you will be able to enjoy the furits of your labor

:goodluck:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Humidity Meter, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation