Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Cycling Substrates
    #2890818 - 07/14/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Whats up everybody? My first post, looks like an interesting place, here goes...

I notice that people talk about the store-bought "mushroom compost" not being effective for cubensis mushrooms, as the previous fungal inhabitor would depleted the nutrients. However, in Growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms, Paul talks about cycling substrates between species and how effective it is. Has anyone tried Mushroom Compost, store purchased, and what did you think of it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Cycling Substrates [Re: retread]
    #2890865 - 07/14/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Mushroom compost" bought in stores is spent substrate from the button mushrooms production.
Since the button mushrooms(Agaricus bisporus) grows on essentially the same substrates than P. cubensis, this spent substrate is also spent for P. cubensis.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Cycling Substrates [Re: Anno]
    #2897777 - 07/16/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your reply Anno, I appreciate all the help I can get. In some book I have about marijuana cultivation it talks about different soil admixtures for growing marijuana. It says that most store-bought 'mushroom compost' is required to sit for one year before it can be sold, to remove some of the acids from the mycelia I suppose. Any info about that? If spend a. bisporus substrate was allowed to "Recompost" for a year, think it would matter?

Thanks again for the assistance.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract