Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Iraqi Civil War
    #2890852 - 07/14/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So far we seem to be right on track. Another incident or two before everything blows wide open.

Just a side-note to war-supporters, Social Security should be bankrupt in about 5 years as this "sacred fund" has been illegally raided continously over the years to fund this sort of adventuring.

I may freeze to death in my 70s in a room with no light, heat or food, but I won't be getting blown up. Makes me feel extra safe.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Swami]
    #2890858 - 07/14/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Just a side-note to war-supporters, Social Security should be bankrupt in about 5 years as this "sacred fund" has been illegally raided continously over the years to fund this sort of adventuring.

I don't think most of the war supporters on here really care about social security.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2890888 - 07/14/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Social Security is a disgraceful Ponzi scheme that never should have existed in the first place. It is also a hidden tax in that most people don't know that what they see as a deduction on their paystubs is only half of what they actually pay. I'm 47 and I will gladly give up any right to collect when I retire if they will just stop ripping me off now. I'll count what they already stole as a loss. If you're too stupid to plan for your "golden years" (yeah right) fuck you, why should I pay. Go piss up a rope. If you freeze it will be because the SS money you put in went to your parents

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2890905 - 07/14/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2890922 - 07/14/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2891243 - 07/14/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, car to elaborate on this civil war, or is it just a feeling you have?

The people need to make their own retirment plans is right, but if we had a bunch of homeless old people around alot of people would be up in arms. I say its lower taxes that way.

Whoever said older = wiser was in the days when 50 years old was the oldest man on earth.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Redo]
    #2891347 - 07/14/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, car to elaborate on this civil war, or is it just a feeling you have?

Observations and the study of history is NOT a feeling.

You have three major factions (plus less note-worthy minor ones) who are not going to be willing to share with the other two. Oh, a few at the top may appear that way to appease outside international influences, but by and large, no.

Many of the bombings (not the beheadings) are done by "new" terrorists (from our point of view) or "freedom fighters" (from their point of view), not from highly trained, committed terrorists (although some were master-minded by previously highly-ranked soldiers). And they certainly are getting aid and instruction from foreign instigators, but by and large are being done by Iraqis who would probably NOT have left their country to suicide bomb elsewhere. They are terribly afraid of being in the disenfranchised group. All violence is an expression of fear.

Each successive killing of a potential or current leader (as happened to yet another governor today), will encourage the resolve of those feeling left out and equally anger the assassinated one's tribal and community ties. This will only escalate the ill-will on all sides.

More money and troops will NOT solve this issue. It may simmer like this for decades, but is more likely to end in a carthartic blood-bath of major proportions.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2891414 - 07/14/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

When will Vegas start betting on the outcomes of wars?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Sclorch]
    #2891462 - 07/14/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You can directly make book with me. What action do you favor?

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: silversoul7]
    #2891888 - 07/14/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I don't think most of the war supporters on here really care about social security.

Or plan on getting it. I consider almost all taxes robbery that will return void of benifits.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2892480 - 07/15/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe swami, they will have a civil war against the terrorists.

Terrorists are always new terrorists, because they blow themselves up, you cant have repeat suicide bombers.

This war is fought differently, this civil war you thing will happen is still your gut feeling. I have not heard of any groups starting to form to fight against eachother in Iraq, rather then police/terrorists (who are fighting against us as well).

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2892859 - 07/15/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

> Just a side-note to war-supporters, Social Security should be bankrupt in about 5 years as this "sacred fund" has been illegally raided continously over the years to fund this sort of adventuring.

Since the world ends in 2012, no worries...

> you cant have repeat suicide bombers

Most of the suicide bombers are victims of the terrorists rather than terrorists themselves... (my humble opinion).  :frown:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2893614 - 07/15/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Terrorists are always new terrorists, because they blow themselves up, you cant have repeat suicide bombers.

If I go out in the woods and stick my hand in a hornet's nest and get stung, are the hornets insurgents, terrorists or homeland defenders?

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2893645 - 07/15/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:If I go out in the woods and stick my hand in a hornet's nest and get stung, are the hornets insurgents, terrorists or homeland defenders?

That depends, are you with us or against us?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Evolving]
    #2893703 - 07/15/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'll smoke you out of your hole, evildoer!

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: afoaf]
    #2893719 - 07/15/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

With Indica or Sativa?

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Evolving]
    #2893736 - 07/15/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Northern Lights #5 x Purple Haze

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2895571 - 07/15/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
You can directly make book with me. What action do you favor?

Say we make the line 6 months to civil war.

I'll the the under on that thank you. And if George Bush wins re-election, i want to double up.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2896208 - 07/16/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

'Terrorists are always new terrorists, because they blow themselves up, you cant have repeat suicide bombers.'

suicide bombing is a small fraction of frontline terrorist activity.

The groups and their causes which lie behind the atrocities may be as new as the latest washing powder, or as old as the hills. And you can bet the leaders, the chief terrorists are sat on a comfy sofa in luxury somewhere. Much like all governments and their soldiers worldwide, 'legal' or otherwise.

terrorism is the use of violence for political ends....think about it

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: CJay]
    #2896491 - 07/16/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

War is the terrorism of the rich, terrorism is the war of the poor - Sir Peter Ustinov

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: CJay]
    #2896512 - 07/16/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
terrorism is the use of violence for political ends....think about it

War is the use of violence for political ends.

--------------------

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Seuss]
    #2896517 - 07/16/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

Since the world ends in 2012, no worries...

lol, I've heard that theory before
won't yall all feel silly if nothing happens in 2012

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2896531 - 07/16/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The US government has no right to protect you or me from poverty. crime, OR foreign invaders.

If I'm poor when I'm 70 I'll just slit your throat and take your shit.

kthxbye.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Iraqi Civil War [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2896545 - 07/16/04 10:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They dont have a right to protect you, you just dont have a choice. Everybody seems to think everything is a right these days.

Offlinefft2
journeyman

#2897137 - 07/16/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Social Security is a disgraceful Ponzi scheme that never should have existed in the first place.

No matter we have all paid into it and deserve to get something at the least what we put into it back.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale