Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
1. Preheat the oven to 200?C (gas mk 6, 400?F). Dice the onion and carrot. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and carrot. Fry for 5-8 minutes stirring occasionally until the onion is lighlty browned. Meanwhile, skin quarter and boil the potatoes in water until softened.
2. Add the minced lamb to the onion and carrot and fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring and breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in the flour. Add the beef stock, rosemary, thyme and tomato puree. Season with black pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Mash the potatoes with the butter and milk until smooth. Grate the cheddar and mix into the potato with a pinch of salt.
5. Check the lamb for seasoning, adding salt if necessary (be careful with the salt as your beef stock will already contain salt). Spoon the lamb into a baking dish, and cover with the mashed potato. Use a fork to draw ridges across the top if desired.
6. Bake the shepherds pie for 35 - 40 minutes until the potato is lightly browned.
-------------------- PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: boO, trendal, geokills 556 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]