Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerock_ten
first time advice. Long post...
    #2885331 - 07/13/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey dudes. I know so many posts must be on this topic, but i thought it was worth me doing so, so that u can reply based on my own circumstances.

I have been interested in drugs, especially psychedelics, for some time. I originally (and just about still do) wanted most of all to try acid. However, acid seems very scarce, and here in England shrooms are available easily, and legally. I cant hlep but feel that them being illegal makes it somewhat less exciting. But still, its not a deciding factor i guess.

My current reasons for wanting to use a psychedelic follow.

[EDIT: reason shit removed]

So, to my questions: There is an opportunity, in about 2.5 weeks time, for me to trip. I plan to do it alone. This is the only way I can imagine doing it for this first time. My aim is a neccessarily individual and solitary one. Having another person present will really fuck it up I think. A few people will know my plans and what I am going to do, and when.

As for the choice of shrooms - atm I am thinking of cubensis purely because they are the most commonly used and available, and because there is more information on them than other species. There are (un)fourtunately varieties even within this, so my choice isnt obvious.

---Mods, if you read this please advise me as to whether or not it is permitted of me to post links to two sources of shrooms. Both are based in, and only ship to, the UK, where as you know it is legal to buy, posess, and consume unprepared shrooms. If I can give these links it will let me show my choices available. Also, prices, If I cant give the site links, may I at least state the prices? Thanks.---

I will be eating the shrooms fresh. I have had wildly varying suggestions for the amount to use, from 15 to 40+ grams (for cubensis). Potency apparently varies among the different "_country_ cubensis" types.

I have the following shrooms available to me. The names are as listed on the websites:

Mexican Magic Mushrooms
English Thai Magic Mushrooms
English Indian Cubensis
B+ Magic Mushrooms
Colombian Magic Mushrooms
English Mexican P. Cubensis
Hawaiian Magic Mushrooms

All of these are simply Psilocybe Cubensis, am I right? Any suggestions as to which I should consider for a first trip? Does it really matter?

So back to the amount. I dont want this trip to be OMGTHEMOSTEXTREMESHITEVER. Id rather save that for later...
But I really dont want it to just be stoning for a few hrs. I acknowledge that I have NO experience in this matter, but I cant help feeling that I could "handle", psychologically, atleast until I return to a normal mind a fairly strong trip, first time. A concern is that if the trip shows me what I wanted it to (see above) it will make it so much more difficult to live normally. However, I also suspect that it may make it much easier.

I was thinking of doing atleast 30g fresh, If i use mex cubensis. Please do give feedback regarding the amount you suggest I should use

I cant think of anything else to say right now, and this is long enough already. Thanks for reading this.

All replies are welcomed and strongly desired. Thanks again for your time.

*reads over the post* Yea that will do.

thanks

--Joe

Edited by rock_ten (07/14/04 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: first time advice. Long post... [Re: rock_ten]
    #2885440 - 07/13/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I cant hlep but feel that them being illegal makes it somewhat less exciting

:lol: see this is exactly why drugs should be legal ....look at how this guy thinks, he can goto the store and buy one of the best pschedelics in existence and he wants something else...shit if i could goto the store and buy cubes, i would be in heaven

InvisibleChronic7
    #2885525 - 07/13/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That was too long man, i dont get what your on about 1/2 the time!

From what your saying your gonna order sum good shit off redeyefrog.com, i use them too theyre great, tell alex chronic said wasup!

For your 1st time you should try 20 grams of mexican or columbian or thai, if i could go back and do them for the 1st time again thats what id do, 30 will be too much for your 1st time, i do 30 now, and itd say ive done em about 10 times, theyll take about an hour to kick in at least, the more youve eaten (normal food not shroomz) the less effect theyll have, youll have such fun trust me, have sum good music with you ready to play, sum weed if you smoke, dont drink alcohol, if you feel sick just remember that its the pain before the pleasure, and THERES NO SUCH THING AS A BAD TRIP!

Be in a place that your relaxed and wont have any suprises to scare you, look in a mirror at sum point too, youll know why when you do it!
Dont let them being legal deter you, they wont be legal for long.

Your gonna have such a good time let me know how it goes.

--------------------

Offlinerock_ten
Re: first time advice. Long post... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2885675 - 07/13/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

werd dudes. Them being legal isnt detering me. Just it is somehow less exciting and stuff. Im just a n00b thats all.

Yes chronic, REF or EDIT are my options. REF is slightly cheaper.

Thanks for the advice.

--Joe

Invisiblejonneill
Hero
    #2886741 - 07/13/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The Mexicans might be Amanitas, but most of them are probably psilocybe/stropharia of some kind or another.

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: first time advice. Long post... [Re: jonneill]
    #2886817 - 07/13/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I understand most of what you said, and i think a lot of us experience similar stuff. I can't convey my thoughts or beliefs if you will, most the time. I don't get in very deep conversations unless i'm innebriated (hate to admit it, but it's true). Psychedelics just recently got to the point in my mind so i can better convey my ideas. Shrooms can help you more than that though, they can teach you or put you on the right path to many things. I've been becoming more articulate with my thoughts the more i explore my mind. Hope your trip goes well, and remember you're not alone, we're all here experiencing the same stuff...so don't be a stranger! Peace

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: first time advice. Long post... [Re: LoneDeranger]
    #2886845 - 07/13/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LoneDeranger said:
Hope your trip goes well, and remember you're not alone, we're all here experiencing the same stuff...

So true.  I needed to hear that right now.  Thanks  :heart:

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2887016 - 07/13/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I live in the UK and have been picking shrooms for many years.

In my opinion it's a far more pleasurable experience than any acid I've ever experienced, even when there was strong shit going around in the late 80's/early 90's

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Offlinerock_ten
Re: first time advice. Long post... [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2888866 - 07/14/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies..

any suggestions as to amount to eat then?

thanks

--Joe

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #2888923 - 07/14/04 09:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

For my first time I just ate a big handful. No idea how much it was and I wouldn't really recommend that approach, but it was a great night!
From what I've read, and my own limited experience, it seems that you'll have a great trip as long as nothing's worrying you. Just make sure that no-one will interfere with your trip by arriving unexpected or anything, and if you have company, make sure they're good friends. For my first time I was with more experienced trippers, who are some of my best friends, and they kept saying not to worry, and that they were taking care of me, and it felt great to know that I had these friends and that they were there making sure that everyhting was OK. I think I might have been a bit freaked out if I was alone... just something to consider.

Offlinefunkysmell
strange
    #2888940 - 07/14/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Not to rain on your parade, but think about taking shrooms like this. Yes you will experience things that you've never experienced, but you'd better be in a really good place emotionally before you do. If you are having 'issues' in life, which it sounds like you are, they can and probably will creep into your concious while you are tripping. If you take enough to hit a high level 3 or more trip, it may not be fun. Cronic777 is wrong, there IS such a thing as a bad trip, and not being in a good emotional place is a big step in that direction. I have tripped more times than I can count over the past 20 years, (yes, I'm a grown up) and seen people have bad trips, crying, freaking out, and calling their mom, seriously! I know it sounds like I'm trying to talk you out of tripping, nothing could be further from the truth. Shrooms can be a beautiful experience, an awakening, etc. My advice is to search this site, and erowid, to find the correct dosage for a low level (2-low 3) trip for your first experience. Then you can slowly try more and explore your head. Don't be under the impression that shrooms are going to help you with your issues, they are not. They are an interesting diversion for an evening, but far from a mask to your problems like pot and alcohol. If you feel bad, count on feeling really bad on shrooms.

Offlinerock_ten
Re: first time advice. Long post... [Re: funkysmell]
    #2890281 - 07/14/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

funkysmell - My interpretation of your interpretation of what I said, makes me feel that I havent successfully conveyed what I wanted to. Im going to edit my original post and remove all the BS, as I really hate to be misinterpreted.

I dont feel bad at all, I enjoy life more all the time. My only problems are very simple ones like knowing i did shit in my recent exams, for example. I dont feel any deep problematic "issues" as u say.

Also, I fully hope that the questions I have WILL make an appearance during my trip, as I think the state of mind I will be in will make it easier for me then to organise these thoughts. They dont mix with this "reality", or state of mind. Like a fat emulsion in water.

I have already found advice, from lots of sources, about the amount to eat for my desired level of trip and I still get answers varying greatly anywhere from 15g upwards really. So I just wanted this forum to be, another, source of advice.

--Joe

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#2890387 - 07/14/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinerock_ten
    #2892483 - 07/15/04 06:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

werd, ive used that calculator, it seems to underestimate dosages ,relative to those advised by "real people"

--Joe

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#2894033 - 07/15/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

3.5 dried grams is about the average dosage which would equal 35 wet grams. I like 10 grams dry or 100 grams fresh personally but a lot of people would class that as an insane dose.

How much are you paying for the shrooms on the wet gram out of interest? They sell them in nightclubs and head shops round my way for ?10 a wet gram which is rediculous money!

Your probably better off buying a grow kit for ?25, that way you would get far more shrooms and could make spore prints for if you wanted to try your hand at cultivating at a later date.

--------------------

Offlinerock_ten
    #2896353 - 07/16/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

For mex cubensis ill be paying less than 25p per wet gram, depending on where I get them. This price is for "large" amounts, like 100-200g, so I will have to find people to unload some of them too, when I get them

--Joe

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2896726 - 07/16/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would recommend 15 to 20 grams.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract