Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
OCD
    #2885000 - 07/13/04 05:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone else here have this?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: OCD [Re: Locus]
    #2888708 - 07/14/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've been diagnosed with it before, although its not exactly to the point where it ruins my life right now...although it used to. I used to have insane and obsessive thoughts and have to "do" things, and if I didn't "do" them, I got panicky and distraught.

I'm not too bad anymore, but I really notice that obsessive part of me that still lingers while tripping. It's sort of funny when I'm shrooming though.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2890020 - 07/14/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I know people that had symptoms of it, and some that have had it full blown.  It is a fear based disorder, resulting in trying to control fully what little parts of your life you feel you can, then (so your brain thinks) you won't have to feel so bad about the really important things you can't control and that you are afraid of.

In a nutshell.

Hugs to you- good luck- I think we all get symptoms of this sometimes and you CAN overcome it! 
:heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2891038 - 07/14/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I used to have OCD pretty bad. Well not too bad, but it was definatly pissing me off everywhere I went. It sorta went away altough once in a while i'll do something that i used to do.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: OCD [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2891123 - 07/14/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

my mom has one! every time she is near the kitchen counter she has to take a clean cloth and wipe it off.
and i mean EVERY time. dosen't matter what shes doing or whear shes going, if she comes near the counter she has to wipe it off.
she knows she dose it. she dosen't care thou, it's kinda funny to watch her. heh

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2892526 - 07/15/04 07:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yea my mom also has it. her's is mopping the floor.Her floors are really clean enough to eat off of.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2894870 - 07/15/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've been diagnosed. I don't really have any compulsive rituals,it's just mainly mental for me. None of the treatments (SSRI antidepressants,psychotherapy,behavior modification) have helped. I just kind of deal with it and move on.

Since everyone is takling about thier moms,mine vacuums the house about three times a day and you can't walk in the dining room or you'll mess up the carpet.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (07/15/04 08:56 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: OCD [Re: monoamine]
    #2895152 - 07/15/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
I've been diagnosed. I don't really have any compulsive rituals,it's just mainly mental for me.

Please describe some your mentals effects of OCD if you could please.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
    #2895379 - 07/15/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have a mild form of it. For me its things have to be organized, and in order. Like things on a table, furniture, etc. Everything has to have a sort of symmetry to it, and neat and clean, otherwise I feel confused and edgy. I am like this with my computer also, the one good thing about this condition is I am picky and catch mistakes easy wether its at work, home, banking, paperwork, etc.

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

OfflineWorldbridger
Nemo Lotus

#2895416 - 07/15/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have OCD, but just the thoughts. And I get them to the extreme!!!

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: OCD [Re: d33p]
    #2895982 - 07/16/04 02:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Please describe some your mentals effects of OCD if you could please.

If have non sensical thoughts that repeat in my head over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over....you get the picture.

If I could put that adequately into words,I would. It's just stupid bullshit that doesn't make sense that a normal person wouldn't think about.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: OCD [Re: monoamine]
    #2896227 - 07/16/04 07:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well, it's cool to know that other people have some degree of it. I mean it's not a good thing, but at least I'm not the only one. I actually hadn't told anyone about this until recently just because I'd imagine it sounds so crazy to people that don't have it. And now only one person knows I have it along with most of the details anyway. But I've had it pretty severly since I was a young kid, and the symptoms seem to have had sort of remission type things over the years at certain points, as well as developing into different things. For the last two or three months it has gotten very bad again though. I'd rather not get into the symptoms because that's just embarrassing to me and still just seems crazy. But they take up tons of my time and distract me a lot. I was on a heavy dose of a mix of two antidepressants a few years ago for chronic pain, and while helping that out I actually ended up also helping the OCD and depression. But it caused so many detrimental side effects that I ended up getting off later on. I've tried tons of antidepressants regarding my chronic pain as last resorts, and those were the only ones to help at all for anything, but that's a different story.

Hmmm, is there anything else to do besides medication that can help? It's really getting in the way of things now and it's getting very difficult to hide in public.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by Locus (07/17/04 09:29 AM)

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2897767 - 07/16/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That's like me when I was a kid. It drove me nuts but I never told anyone because I thought people would think I was insane or something.

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
    #2899783 - 07/17/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i have OCD pretty damn bad...

i dropped out of school, lost jobs, etc all from this condition...the only thing that has ever helped is mushrooms...it seems that weeks after a trip my condition goes away...but in time it returns :frown:

im an extreme perfectionist, i WILL NOT do anything unless i feel ive done it perfectly...its really sad actually.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: OCD [Re: Fungilicious]
    #2899810 - 07/17/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to hear that Fungi. I have a perfectionist quality as well, but not to that extent. I do have a very hard time doing things unless I do them perfectly though.

--------------------

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
    #2899875 - 07/17/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah its really effecting my life...when i was on SSRI's it went away...but it isnt worth it when u feel like a zombie.

sometimes when my OCD is really bad ill completely format my computer and re-install over and over until i feel i have everything running perfect...i really wish I could find a way out of this...because my life isnt going so well. living with my dad, no job for a year...:(

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2900260 - 07/17/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

How old are you? .. or you can pm me if you want. I'd like to talk to you about this because my situation is a bit similar to yours.

--------------------

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
    #2900420 - 07/17/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sometimes when my OCD is really bad ill completely format my computer and re-install over and over until i feel i have everything running perfect...i really wish I could find a way out of this...because my life isnt going so well. living with my dad, no job for a year...:(

Now you are describing me. Been there, it's good actually to hear I am not alone here with this.

I have also read that there is some research being done about mushrooms and this condition. I don't think I had it until I started tripping, but I am not sure on that.

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
    #2903091 - 07/18/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i can definately relate with the neat and orderly thing...i feel much better about what im doing if it has syymetry and everything lines up...its really weird.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2903134 - 07/18/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think i have a mild form of it possibly. This may sound crazy but things like the way my ring finger touches my pinky bother me. I have TMJ too and i used to want to move my jaw in the way it kinda cracks and i would contantly think about it and want to do it. It doesnt really bother me too much now, but during the time after i was taking mushrooms every weekend i got really paranoid about it and kept thinking it was getting worse, but i came out of it. Some times it bothers me at night before i sleep. Like the way my toes will feel and ill keep have to spread them apart or somthing.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order