Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
unity can work
    #2888435 - 07/14/04 02:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sit back and think just think of the internet, what a vision!  we all love posting and reading, we like to chat, we like the conncetion we make everytime we switch to any website.

now think about how far away many of us are from each other, and yet we have found one another through a common interest.  we will chat with people hundreds of miles away, and yet many of us don't even speak to our neighbors (those who have them anyway :wink:)

when was the last time you openly communicated with others? if you try it, especially with people that you don't know, many will think of you as very weird.  they will judge you on the spot without even knowing you!!  the main cause of this...fear. 

look at how many times fear is repeated to you on a daily basis. the more you watch tv, read the paper, and read on the internet, the more there is an influence of fear.  and here's the real tricky part, money.  our schooling brought us up...to work in the system, for the system, so then you can give the system money you earned just so you can have food and shelter on a system we are dependant on.

look at the trap many are in.  you can't live where you want to because we have land ownership. we were brought up in homes with laid down concrete (thus making the land useless) and this is why we have accepted it as this way.  the system gives you food (most of it unnatural I might add)for you to buy, so the idea here is the wayI get food is to work for a company or for someone else.  we are not openly taught to farm, to make our own clothes, and hunt for our own food. why do it when it's already there, it breeds laziness! hell we can't go drinking any water we please because we have dirtied it all up.  so the system cleans the water for us. and this list goes on...

I have major beef with our schooling system.  it's importabnt to look at what they don't teach us as what they do teach us.  what they don't teach us is positive ways to look at life.  they used fear so much (because they wanted us to do well!) so we can get good grades, that many kids won't even think about the other side.  every test that was taking, the ego was focused on fear, after all, failing was seen as a bad thing.  many teachers never empahsized the positive aspects of failing.  many policies aren't geared towards having each of us get to know the other person without judging them right away. we were all thrown in a major social situation with very little guidence with regards on how to communicate with other openly.  a lot of people are shy, a lot of people are angry, and all in while we were there for no other reason but get good jobs so we can be wealthy. 

I don't see how unity could ever be able to fully spread its wings with this egocentric system at the helm.  a person's early years are very important, and if a lot of it is spent in fear and seperation instead of love and unity.  we are jsut beginnign to learn to accept others and their beliefs, beginning to share ideas and learn from one another, and the internet has brought a huge change to us.

I have heard the idea that it is unrealistic for unity to work. As big as this may be to some, it can happen, and it's happening right now around us. we do it everyday in our lives, we just aren't focused on it. nothing displays togethernes more than communication. most of us communicate with each other because we want to. no matter the reason why, whenever we communicate, there is a place inside that says "I hope someone is listening." we inherently want it, and it's very subtle. we tend to look at what isn't happening instead of what is happening. what isn't hapening has a much more of a grip on us because for some reason or another a lot of us try to impose our will upon what is happening. when this happens, we will put entirely too much focus on getting what we want, instead of appreciating what we have.

There are many other ideas that haven't been as revelantly expoed to us. Ideas such as acceptance and unconditional love i have never seen or heard of until I got a older. the exposure to that kind of thinking is rarely around in school at all. This is important because much time in a child's life is spent in classrooms with the idea that you are here to get a good job when you are older. the idea that material possessions and getting what you want is the key to happiness. now I'm not saying either of these are "bad", neither are bad nor good. it's how one thinks about is where morals come in . And I think morals are VERY subjective. what I am saying here is that a lot of focus on what life means is established early on in the child's life, and this is done in school. thinking about things as good or bad is a major player in seperation. these ideas again stem from forcing one's will on what happens.

Doesn't it make sense that unity has never "caught on" because one point of view has been dominated in our minds for a the majority of our lives and it does have a major impact on how we think? I ask you all; do you know the meaning of life? Do you really know what you are living for? we will all come up with various answers, some similar to others, but we all will have a different idea in our heads. so why is it that one point of view has dominated over the many others that are just as easy to learn and grasp? quite simply, we have not seen a rise in this idea because many of us are set in just one way. the way many of us were taught.

unity can work, go talk to your nieghbors for a change.  get to know them.  we all seem to have something to hide. what's there to hide? we all have made mistakes, and we have all been wrong.  And I wonder where the over-emphasis of being wrong has come from....

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: unity can work [Re: kaiowas]
    #2888490 - 07/14/04 03:22 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Fear is definitely something that is keeping us from becoming more interconnected, from having more positive relationships with other people. Fear is by definition a seperator. It keeps us alienated from each other, from our experiences, and from our life.

Fear is the result of a malfunctioning ego that is justified by said ego for the intention of protecting the self, well-meaning as it is.... However, fear itself is a negative emotion that only seperates us more from the experience and the moment, and actually adversely effects ones ability to continue the survival of the self in almost all situations (except those where there is an immediate and direct threat on ones life, then flight or fight is rather necessary, and why it exists in the first place).

We are entering a time where everything about this system is intensely interconnected. The internet being a prime example. Our understanding on almost every accessible level grows almost exponentially. We are entering a time where we are global, one human race, unified. This is a time when it is very important for ideas to be exchanged freely; a time where relationships need to be open.

We as a race have never been without society. We need society, we would not exist without it. Through the ages we have advanced and grown, our society has evolved, and we are at a point where we mesh together. No one can doubt how much we have evolved, and how this evolution has been growing exponentially. One look where we have been and how fast we've accelerated will show us that.

So, then.... I think it is important that we all continue on as we see necessary. We need to continue on our path of growth and evolution, on a personal level, and by effect, on society's level as a whole. We need to open ourselves to others and spread the good vibes. We need to grow and help each other grow. We are social creatures with the capabilites of understanding and following the pursuit of understanding more, we need to continue down that path, as it is obviously what we are meant to do. We are human beings... we need to be conscious of all that means, and continue defining that term. We are creatures with pure awareness and the ability to focus that awareness and learn and understand by doing so.

We need to keep things in perspective, and above all else, enjoy this experience being offered to us. We need to be! :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2889401 - 07/14/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Not only is it true that unity can work, unity is the only thing that will work long-term.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2890111 - 07/14/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That was a very heartfelt post.  I really enjoyed reading it. :smile: :thumbup:

I was contemplating something along these lines toward the of a mushroom experience not so long ago.  I had been gazing out at the colourful landscape, when suddenly I started pondering the way Native people used to populate this land with their small teepee communities.  A person could see silhouettes of their neighbours through the walls of the teepee, they could hear other people's conversations, even hear others in the act of conceiving children.  There was no privacy, and there was no special need for privacy.

Then I started to think about how my house is by comparison a sound proof fortress, built so airtight that I have to rely upon a giant machine in the basement to circulate air so that I don't suffocate.  My house is surrounded by a five foot tall wooden barrier, designed to block other people's vision and emphasize the difference between what is mine and what is not the property of others.  There is this concept called "trespassing".

Contemplating this, it all seemed so insane.  I was appalled and saddened, but also confused as to why things were this way.  I asked myself:  is this really progress?  When I was told in school that Native folks lived a primitive way of life, and that the insurgence of European traders brought progress to North America:  is this really true?  Or did we destroy something infinitely precious?

Sure, we have our warm homes, comfortable beds, food and drink of all varities whenever we want them, but what have we lost?  Our basic humanness.

Our SOULS!  :crazy2:  :sad:

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

#2890256 - 07/14/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

well put!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2891210 - 07/14/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

often if I have some salvia I feel ill with pressures and maybe gas maybe thoughts, everything becomes a unity (non-dualistic) yet I recoil and I feel ill, but I relax into it.

Then the body may feel flayed or torn but great - no longer ill.
I become more sensitive to what needs to be done, to what needs to be said. I dissolve into a no-separation of flux and particularities.

the non-dualistic state is not easy to stay with; I find I need to keep relaxing more into it. A shifting of emphasis is constant.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2891781 - 07/14/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome, man :smile:

If you like thinking/learning about the traps we set ourselves as a society (especially the technology traps we have laid!) I would highly recommend the BBC series "Connections" by James Burke. It's about all the little things that have added up to bring us to the present; and to set this massive technology trap around us.

It's an older series, from the mid 70's I think, but it's still an excellent one! I've got the whole original series (11 episodes, I think) on my computer, if you'd like them just send me a PM :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2892289 - 07/15/04 03:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Unity can't work when people are in competition with eachother

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: unity can work [Re: Strumpling]
    #2892327 - 07/15/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

all the struggling competing people are part of the one yet not awake to unity of it.
waking up is a bit painful.
people shirk that.
even after they know many things will not be different.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: unity can work [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2892328 - 07/15/04 04:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
all the struggling competing people are part of the one yet not awake to unity of it.
waking up is a bit painful.
people shirk that.
even after they know many things will not be different.

blah blah blah blah, gets some humility all ready.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: unity can work [Re: Strumpling]
    #2896105 - 07/16/04 05:09 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
Unity can't work when people are in competition with eachother

They both are different aspects in mankind achievements.
Where competition works towards some objective, cooperation deals mostly with processes.
I believe both are beneficial if the interveners have reasonable ideas.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2896117 - 07/16/04 05:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I ask you all; do you know the meaning of life? Do you really know what you are living for?

Nobody knows, we just believe we know ...
Good post btw :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale