Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGamma5
Stranger
Frypoint?
    #2888310 - 07/14/04 03:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

To date I have had approximatly 20 experiences with psilocybin. Always in the form of cubensis shrooms that i have picked myself. Something that i have found interesting about my experiences that has made me especially curious is how i react to them. Up until my 15th or so trip i had some serious problems with anxiety having a bad trip etc, At this time i looked back on all of my experiences with mushrooms and looked at my good ones and compared with my more negative "bad" ones. I found that i often had a worse experiences and more intense anxiety at doses of 2g up to 4g. While my better experiences have come from 4g and higher doses. I was wondering if anyone else reacts similarly and if they could possibly explain what they may think causes them to get less anxiety at higher doses. As I've found i often reach a point where i am simply too caught up in the trip to worry about what could go wrong, i simply have to react to what is happening as it occurs. Comments?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Frypoint? [Re: Gamma5]
    #2888734 - 07/14/04 08:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know but that is weird now that I've actually read your post. My friend Sam ate 3 grams along with me on our first, real trip. He threw up but nothing too major. Then we thought he should take less, so he took about 2.7 or so the second time. He freaked out. Finally, on our third trip he decided to try to lower it a little more and took about 2 - 2.5 grams. He said his freaking out this third time was the worst of all. He couldn't fall asleep for a long time and couldn't keep track of his thoughts. Now Sam has given up on mushrooms, which I think sucks because of their great potential, but I totally understand his reasons. Perhaps instead of taking less he should've been taking more so he would have no choice but to succumb to the shrooms? Interesting. :smile:

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #2888888 - 07/14/04 10:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My guess would be ego-loss. At higher doses there is just less "you" to be afraid of and you are more the experience itself, mushrooms force you more to let go.

I`m interested what more experienced trippers have to say about your question and my guesstimation.

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #2889076 - 07/14/04 12:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm...the only time I've had a bad trip was on acid but there was a time I took shrooms and I didnt eat that many, maybe 2 grams....and I was really irritable and overall it was not enjoyable for me but I look back and see the time when it was kewl it when I did take more.

--------------------

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Frypoint? [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #2889234 - 07/14/04 01:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Now, when I think about it, I was much more anxiouus when I ate 30-40 liberty caps last time than when I ate 80 of them... There really seem to be something to it.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2890028 - 07/14/04 04:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

For me, the bad experiences that I rarely experience come in the ranges of 3.5 to 5 grams. Never have a bad trip with anything under 3.5 grams.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2892246 - 07/15/04 04:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm just guessing at this, but I would think that at a lower dose your mind is like halfway between solid ground and plasmaland, and it has difficulty mixing the two.

Its like "what? no WAY!!! This can't be!"

At higher doses you are basically fully emmersed in plasmaland, and your normal reality has basically disappeared, only re-appearing occasionally for a cameo and a nice profound vague revelation.

Its like "what? WOW! This IS!" There is less doubt and paranoia because you barely realize how detached it all is.

I'm no scientist though :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience