Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Pressure Cooker
    #2877325 - 07/11/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

HI im from Australia and trying to get into growing shrooms and i do not have access to a pressure cooker, is there an alternative, what does it actually do? Also The mushrooms i have picked normally grow in cow dung could i just grow them in that instead of making the whole cakes method?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: aussieone]
    #2877381 - 07/11/04 03:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

With PF cakes you dont need a pressure cooker.
What the pressure cooker does is raise the boiling point, thus raising the temperature from about 212F to 250F.
I think cakes would be easier for home cultivation.

Good Luck! Are you gonna get some spores from the wild?

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: DieCommie]
    #2877415 - 07/11/04 04:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the info mate, yeah im making my own spore syringe becuase it's illegal to order them over to australia becuase theyll get ceased in cutoms or something, but i have access to australian mushrooms ( i think thats what there called) so all ive gotta do is set everything up now.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2877559 - 07/11/04 08:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If you can beg or borrow a pressure cooker you'll find it easier. Spend your time reading first. All the answers are there.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2877585 - 07/11/04 08:31 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You've got the right idea btw on NOT ordering syringes and having to make your own from prints at the start. Some Aussies have made the unfortuneate mistake. Customs is tough.

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/content/publications/aidr_2002/07_Other_drugs.pdf

Quote:

Importations
During 2000?01 Customs detected 24
attempted importations. The majority of detections
involved syringes containing psilocybin
mushroom spores in solution. This figure is less
than for the previous two years; there were 28
detections in 1999?2000 and 33 in 1998?99.
Fifteen importations arrived from the United
States, five from the Netherlands, two from
Sweden and one each from Indonesia and
Germany. The largest number of importations
were detected in Victoria (10); there were eight
in New South Wales, three in Western Australia
and one each in Northern Territory, Queensland
and South Australia. Twenty-three of the detected
importations were in the postal stream; one was
imported by an airline passenger.

--------------------

Edited by Starter (07/11/04 08:32 AM)

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: Starter]
    #2879039 - 07/11/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Using wild spores may require agar use right? Im not sure, nothing grows wild around here....

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: DieCommie]
    #2879102 - 07/11/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

they may not be wild prints...

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2879644 - 07/11/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Starter said:
You've got the right idea btw on NOT ordering syringes and having to make your own from prints at the start. Some Aussies have made the unfortuneate mistake. Customs is tough.

Customs detected 24 seperate events.

How many thousands upon thousands do you think got through?  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #2880000 - 07/11/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Just order a clean spore  - print :print: -. Make your own syringe.:syringe: Easy.  :mushroom2:

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: Sev]
    #2880225 - 07/11/04 11:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thousands of spore syringes do not come to Australia for varied reasons. Mushrooms have yet to gain popularity in the Australian counter culture as they have in the American circles. Thus, there just isn't the demand/market in Australia, as yet. That may change. Finally vendors are reluctant (and for good reason) to ship spore syringes to Australia knowing the laws downunder and more so the Australian interception rate

As for the "24" reported at that link (which at best is to be viewed as an indicator that they do interecept), well I would assume a lot more get nicked and may not even make the internet as per "reports", at least not easily found on the net. Besides, the internet does not document everything.

I wouldn't risk it, Australian customs is about the best in the world. Parcels go through X-ray machines and they will see syringes inside, esp. in this beefed up age of paranoia with the War on Terrorism. They've increased their budgets, man power and facilities. There's not only Customs, there's AQIS too. The US doesn't have a Quarantine to that depth of toughness, because they're not an island continent trying to keep out ag P&D. In short, there's two gauntlets to run. It makes GA and CA of the US where spores are illegal, be it prints or syringes, a snap. An island v's interstate, the former is tougher.

Go with an envelope for a print, it's a shit load more discreet, envelopes don't go through customs.

--------------------

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

#2884502 - 07/12/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the info mate, where abouts are you situated? boiling the rice cakes in water would be the same sterlizing them as in a pressure cooker right? but it's bloody winter at the moment so nothings growing as of now.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2884773 - 07/13/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The boiling method of cakes works, many people say it does. I haven't tried it that way, I use a pressure cooker.

Incubation blues, get a couple of light proof tubs. Fill the lower tub with water with a splash of bleach and whack in a fish tank heater set at 28C. Then drop in the 2nd tub and put a lid on top with a towel/blanket as some insulation. You'll have no drama incubating this winter (be it grains or cakes).

For a terrarium, again tub in the tub with water (add some bleach) and a fish tank heater. Set temp at 22C to 24C. Terrarium tubs have to let light in, or at least have a clear window on top. A couple of trays 1st to 4th flush. Winter is easier, summer temps slay the fruiting regime. See last pic and temp. You get smaller less vigorous fruits in the heat.

--------------------

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Starter]
    #2884781 - 07/13/04 02:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure Cooker [Re: Citric]
    #2884896 - 07/13/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! i hope mine turn out looking even remotely like that, what kind of shrooms are they and where do i get some spores?? The look different than the ones i get, Mine are about 4-5cm in diameter and go from a kind of dull gold to a light brown in the center the stems are about 6-7cm, i had some before that which were bigger in size... It took me about 30 of the small ones to start to trip, while on the other ones it was only about 4, any ideas?

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2884981 - 07/13/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Domey :smile:

aussieone, if I'm reading you correctly, it took 30 mushrooms at a small size to get there, then later on 4 large ones to do the same job and they happen to be a "dull gold to light brown" (the caps I assume). Well, they're Psilocybe cubensis. Typical of North NSW (dunno if you're up that way?), esp. the coastal zones and often found on cattle patties -- as you've found. Well known to stoners in Nimbin, Mullumbimby, Lismore, Byron ect. Their slang name is "Gold Tops".

Psilocybe cubensis can also fruit from small to huge (be it in the wild or home grown), depending on the substrate type and depth of substrate. So I'm not surprised you've come across different sizes. Their potency btw can vary. Though I haven't found that with what I've grown, probably because the environmental factors (except in the peak of summer) and substrates are not at the whims of the wild. Basically, the difference between what you've picked wild and what's in the pics ^above is the strain. The strain in the pics is Psilocybe cubensis "Golden Teacher". A strain I like as its uniform and reliable. Most people grow P.cubensis (whatever the strain it is), because they're easy.  But it helps a shit load to have a pressure cooker to do it.

Growing your own is a sure bet. For example, a mate of mine north of Newcastle ran around hectares of paddocks all day and got a mere 2lb wet. Yet 2lb and better will grow off a single 2 ft.sq, at 6" depth manure/straw tub in 1st flush from the comfort of your house with almost total neglect. Beats the chase in the sticks IMO and cops esp. in WA even hunt the shroom hunters which blows. Needless to say, some shroom seasons are better than others, esp. given the nasty wide spread drought on NSW.

--------------------

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

#2887981 - 07/13/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah thats the ones aorund the NSW/QLD border, i looked round for about a day and only got a small bag, Boiling the PF cakes in water will do the same thing as the pressure cooker except you can only do one at a time. My terrerium at the moment is a polystyrene box with another one underneath with the water and fishtank heater, seems the humidifiers are pretty expensive, maybey in the future, would you reccomend just normal cakes or casing them??

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #2888209 - 07/14/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Move to casing after you good at the pf tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder