Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
Re: If you could start again, a milion miles away... [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #2887355 - 07/13/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My first was many years ago in high school (there is a reason they call it HIGH school, kids).  We were so excited to get them, we just couldn't wait.  Bad idea.  However, maybe it was a good thing because it taught me very quickly how important SET and SETTING are.  Since I had frequently smoked pot at lunch, I didn't think it was a big deal.  That is, until a very UNcool girl in my post-lunch algebra class noted how dilated my pupils were.

Every adventure since then has been great -- in fact, I think ensuring proper surroundings contributes to making the experience a rewarding one.  When I've introduced others to the experience, at first they think I'm being ridiculous for having specific music playlists, getting the house tidy, and making sure that everyone is in good spirits and that NO ONE is going to be "dropping by" unexpectedly!

I see these stories about people going to concerts and other public places, and I just shake my head.  Not for me.  But then again, I don't like crowds in the first place.  Whatever is in your head shows itself in the mirror of your mind, like it or not.  If you don't know this going into it, you sure will by the time it's over.

I abstained for a long time (12 years) because I thought I liked them too much, and would want to do nothing else, ever.  Then a little while back I decided to go for a little ride with a newbie, and it was so wonderful to visit with my old friend again.  What a great gift from the earth.  But also the anticipation got the better of me; trying to force it at first.  You just gotta let it happen.  How could I have forgotten that? :headbang:

Now back to my, uh, research...

--------------------
I am merely transcribing the thoughts of my blind buddy; none of the things I write originate with me. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejonneill
Hero
Re: If you could start again, a milion miles away... [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #2887389 - 07/13/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't have let my friend drive three hours home at 120 mph while on a strong shroom trip...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag