Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
One-eyed sheep sermon, come one come all
    #2885090 - 07/13/04 08:26 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So like what I've been trying to say all along is that, you need to focus..... focus on the moment... the moment it's here and now, yeah... it's like, we've been here all along..... so don't be afraid.... don't become trapped in the past or the future..... don't worry about where you're going.... it's how you get there that's important.... it's not the destination- it's the journey.... we must recognize this constantly.... surrender, to the flow of being... if we keep creating disharmony, we will keep living disharmony..... think about it, it's so simple.... just a choice.... you gotta be sure, so the decision will be made at all times.... the point to be reached is the point of no turning back..... I'm sick and tired of all this indecision, all this apathy... this is exactly where the sheep herders want us, man it's time to fucking give a damn, get in the streets... make a stand... fuck shit up if you have to, cuz peaceful demonstrations have failed in this country... get arrested.... silenced.... controlled.... It doesn't matter cuz we will keep comin back.... you see, we are part of something bigger than you or me..... if we could just see and not be afraid..... let's not be afraid... now is certainly not the time... make your fucking life count right now, the world is in our hands. Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: One-eyed sheep sermon, come one come all [Re: Adamist]
    #2885604 - 07/13/04 12:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it's all about the eternal present. Accepting the present moment is accepting reality is accepting God is denying the self is liberation.

People gotta wake up! I'm still working on that myself...this is my own responsibility. But how do we wake others up? Is it even possible or do they have to do it according to thier own time?

Peaceful demonstrations may not have failed entirely. It is very encouraging to see hundreds of thousands of people demonstrating throughout the world against war and the the emerging world system (world bank, WTO,...). If nothing else, at least it demonstrates that many people ARE waking up and making a show of thier numbers.

No matter how we deal with the challenge of facing down the system, it must not include physical violence. violence does not dispell violence...hatred does not dispell hatred.

The biggest effect we can have on the world is to completely wake up ourselves. We create the world we live in. The second biggest positive effect we can collectively make is to just stop buying needless shit.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2885978 - 07/13/04 02:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

People find themselves in all sorts of activities. I think what you're protesting is ignorance. Ignorance - the opposite of awareness. Many people who are acting are acting without awareness. So things get hurt. Awareness in action makes life more divine and right.

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: One-eyed sheep sermon, come one come all [Re: eve69]
    #2886030 - 07/13/04 02:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

one question: assuming we all agree that this country is drastically fucked up and squandering our individualism and human potential, why does the answer always have to be get in the streets, riot and get locked up?

why dont you just get a passport and go somewhere else? That in itself is a pretty significant expression of your personal power. This is a big big world full of lots of amazing shit, so if your so unhappy here, go elsewhere.

Thats what im doing.

Not to say i dont have every respect for those who sacrafice their freedom to try and create change, but i prefer to create change by EXERCISING my freedom.

just a question: after posting this, did you run out in the streets, throwing bricks and waving signs? are you in jail now, or did you just get high, wank off and go to bed?

either way, good post, although im pretty sure ive seen the very same one about a million times now.

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: One-eyed sheep sermon, come one come all [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2886458 - 07/13/04 04:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

why dont you just get a passport and go somewhere else?

where? borders and governments make it hard for us to do this.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2886572 - 07/13/04 05:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
one question: assuming we all agree that this country is drastically fucked up and squandering our individualism and human potential, why does the answer always have to be get in the streets, riot and get locked up?

why dont you just get a passport and go somewhere else? That in itself is a pretty significant expression of your personal power. This is a big big world full of lots of amazing shit, so if your so unhappy here, go elsewhere.

Thats what im doing.

Not to say i dont have every respect for those who sacrafice their freedom to try and create change, but i prefer to create change by EXERCISING my freedom.

just a question: after posting this, did you run out in the streets, throwing bricks and waving signs? are you in jail now, or did you just get high, wank off and go to bed?

either way, good post, although im pretty sure ive seen the very same one about a million times now.

idustrial capitalism is a threat to all human life. i wish to stop it or die trying.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: One-eyed sheep sermon, come one come all [Re: Source]
    #2886654 - 07/13/04 05:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

But how do we wake others up? Is it even possible or do they have to do it according to thier own time?

The more that awaken, the more will awaken. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: One-eyed sheep sermon, come one come all [Re: eve69]
    #2886658 - 07/13/04 05:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ignorance - the opposite of awareness. Many people who are acting are acting without awareness. So things get hurt. Awareness in action makes life more divine and right.

What about awareness in violent action?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#2886674 - 07/13/04 05:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

What if there is no other option for survival of our personal freedoms?

Quote:

Mostly fear, which is related to a lack of sufficient funds... I have been travelling from Florida though, 1000+ miles in the past month, heading to Canada once I can save up some money. I'm stranded in Indiana at the moment, though.

Quote:

LOL, to be honest, I took a bong hit and made some tacos... oh and painted some... :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2887248 - 07/13/04 08:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

fuck shit up if you have to, cuz peaceful demonstrations have failed in this country...

Tell that to Martin Luther King. His movement during the Civil Rights era in the 1960's practiced non-violent protest based upon Gandhi's non-violent struggle against British colonialism.

Both succeeded.

I agree with you in that we must wake people up. Just that we must be the change we want to see in the world at large. Otherwise we will only be perpetuating violence and any progress we make based upon violence will create a karmic backlash unraveling all our good works.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisiblenuGGs
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2903445 - 07/18/04 09:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
make a stand... fuck shit up if you have to,

w3rd... its amazing how far a little spraypaint and wheat paste can go.

InvisiblenuGGs
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2903446 - 07/18/04 09:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

whooops.. double post.

Edited by nuGGs (07/18/04 09:11 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Tacos

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology