Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewavy capz
#1 stunner
Male User Gallery

Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures.
    #28844586 - 07/10/24 05:17 AM (14 days, 12 hours ago)

I know that when I asked for suggestions for a good source for bags of rye to inoculate, I was told no one could give me advice because every single person on this forum makes their own.  That was hard to believe.  I guess I am the only person on this forum that hasn't started making my own bags of rye.

Anyway, hopefully I don't run into the same thing with live cultures.  Do I  do not make my own live cultures, but I have been advised that the problem I am having with some rye bags I  inoculated 3 weeks ago and are doing nothing is probably due to contaminated live cultures I  purchased. I  didn't know you could get contaminated live cultures,  but apparently you definitely can.  So I don't know  how to make live cultures, and until I start making my own and if I do, I am hoping that you guys could please suggest a very good source for live cultures.  Just a very good reputable source and I thank you in advance for any advice you guys give me. Surely someone is using a very good source for your live cultures, that you can purchase live cultures from and you trust there will be no issue with contamination!

It just gets expensive. I have 3 bags of rye that I inoculated with 3 live culture syringes at 24 dollars a piece.  That is 100 dollars I am about to throw away.  That sucks. I'm trying not to get discouraged.  So now I am behind. Those 3 bags of rye should be close to being fully colonized, but now there garbage and no other bags inoculated.  I  can only afford to do like 3 bags at a time.

Well again thank you very much for taking the time to read my message and if possibly suggesting so reputable sources for live culture.

Have a great day,  WC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: wavy capz]
    #28844590 - 07/10/24 05:19 AM (14 days, 12 hours ago)

if u can boil a pot of water u can grow ur self :thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Loc: shortbus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: wavy capz]
    #28844596 - 07/10/24 05:22 AM (14 days, 12 hours ago)

Sounds like you’re having trouble getting started. Search pf tek in the search bar and select Zirans updated pf tek guide.
Also you may want to consider learning agar.
Nobody will actually answer that question due to the rules and competing interest. We are not allowed to mention vendors specifically by name, nor you. That being said, go for one that seems the most trustworthy. Make sure to get some agar to test the lc on like a blank dish.

--------------------
=============

XI πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ XI

OnlineAspectOfTheCreator
Mastering the Art of Success
 User Gallery

Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #28844643 - 07/10/24 06:28 AM (14 days, 11 hours ago)

Once something is shipped through the mail it is henceforth untrustworthy imo. You can only truly trust your own work in this hobby. Thats the attitude you need to have.

--------------------

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Loc: shortbus
Trusted Cultivator
    #28844663 - 07/10/24 06:55 AM (14 days, 10 hours ago)

I can order LC from a vendor and test it. The problem is blank media like presterilized bags. I dont trust anyone to do that but myself. There’s not a good way to test a bag or a dish for contam besides resting it, which is patently absurd.. However there are a-lot of people out there that do opt for the convenience of vendor syringes, pre-sterilized media etc…most people just don’t ever test them because they are too eager, naive or both.
Do yourself a favor, learn pftek and agar before you start trying to use LC, even if it is from a vendor. Some of the fundamentals of agar, a lot of them actually, translate directly to LC and require prior experience to achieve a modicum of success.

--------------------
=============

XI πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ XI

Invisibledna24
Darth Randal
 User Gallery

Loc: Savages
    #28844834 - 07/10/24 08:49 AM (14 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

wavy capz said:
I know that when I asked for suggestions for a good source for bags of rye to inoculate, I was told no one could give me advice because every single person on this forum makes their own.  That was hard to believe.  I guess I am the only person on this forum that hasn't started making my own bags of rye.

Anyway, hopefully I don't run into the same thing with live cultures.  Do I  do not make my own live cultures, but I have been advised that the problem I am having with some rye bags I  inoculated 3 weeks ago and are doing nothing is probably due to contaminated live cultures I  purchased. I  didn't know you could get contaminated live cultures,  but apparently you definitely can.  So I don't know  how to make live cultures, and until I start making my own and if I do, I am hoping that you guys could please suggest a very good source for live cultures.  Just a very good reputable source and I thank you in advance for any advice you guys give me. Surely someone is using a very good source for your live cultures, that you can purchase live cultures from and you trust there will be no issue with contamination!

It just gets expensive. I have 3 bags of rye that I inoculated with 3 live culture syringes at 24 dollars a piece.  That is 100 dollars I am about to throw away.  That sucks. I'm trying not to get discouraged.  So now I am behind. Those 3 bags of rye should be close to being fully colonized, but now there garbage and no other bags inoculated.  I  can only afford to do like 3 bags at a time.

Well again thank you very much for taking the time to read my message and if possibly suggesting so reputable sources for live culture.

Have a great day,  WC

Sounds like more homework on your part before sinking $100 into something you knew nothing about would have been the best course of action. As for your rye bag thing, well for the most part all the people that will respond to stuff and do most of the things to grow the things, do in fact make their own bags, if they even go that route. We buy in bulk, usually dont make bags unless its gourmet or medicinal and even then thats for martha setups or tents. Bottles, are whats up and have been whats up for like 40yrs, not to mention if you had gone the traditional route, youd be able to use those bottles your entire journey.

The live culture thing, ya the more homework part comes into play again here, if you cant verify the culture you got is clean(you do this with agar) then you are always gambling on contamination. Case in point why you are out $100 on contam bags of rye.

You need to read

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

If after all this you are still hell bent on just shooting a random live culture into a grain bag you didnt prep either, then i guess good luck cause you are gonna need it .

--------------------

Offlinewavy capz
#1 stunner
Male User Gallery

Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: dna24]
    #28846081 - 07/11/24 06:26 AM (13 days, 11 hours ago)

Can you  please explain to me how to test my live culture and tell me how to test the live culture on agar. Thank you,  WC

Offline3.A.M
Boop!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oz
Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: wavy capz] * 1
    #28846098 - 07/11/24 06:47 AM (13 days, 11 hours ago)

All the information is in the hitchhikers guide but you simply put a drop or 2 onto agar then see if it grows clean :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinewavy capz
#1 stunner
Male User Gallery

Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: 3.A.M]
    #28846162 - 07/11/24 07:48 AM (13 days, 10 hours ago)

So if the lc syringe and needle can be so easily contaminated just going from the live culture packaging,  how exactly do I get some live culture out of the syringe to put on the agar plate contaminate free.

So basically after getting a sample out of the syringe how do I  repackage the syringe in a contaminate free way, so it stays sterile until I get results from the agar plate. Also what all do I need as in supplies to get up and running testing my live cultures. Also  what are the  steps in doing a test on my live culture on agar.
Thank you,  WC

OnlineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #28846163 - 07/11/24 07:49 AM (13 days, 10 hours ago)

Come on wavy, surely you realize this requires some reading from your side?

Just follow the hitchhikers guide to start with or follow Bod's stickied posts.

OfflineRockinRobot
Stranger

Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #28846186 - 07/11/24 08:08 AM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

:whathesaid:

Another n00b that wants to be hand fed like a baby..

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
The Pride of Cucamonga
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Trusted Cultivator
    #28846211 - 07/11/24 08:19 AM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

wavy capz said:
Can you  please explain to me how to test my live culture and tell me how to test the live culture on agar. Thank you,  WC

We have, literally thousands of times. Use the search function.

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
The Pride of Cucamonga
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Reputable source for high quality, contamination free live cultures. [Re: wavy capz] * 4
    #28846212 - 07/11/24 08:19 AM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale