Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Loc: shortbus
Trusted Cultivator
what's in it for you? * 10
    #28844567 - 07/10/24 04:21 AM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

Yep. That's it. What do you get out of cultivation? What does cultivation mean to you?
For some it's getting the end product that makes it all worth it. For some folks it's the thrill of the grow itself, or the challenges they overcome that contribute to their own personal growth and  development in other applicable areas of life.

I am asking because I am simply genuinely curious to see what people say. Theres alot of variation and alot of outliers on a drug manufacturing forum. Some people may say money, that is fine but your opsec is your own business.

For me it's always been the process, I enjoy growing mushrooms far more than eating them, it's just the way i was made I guess. I have fairly bad ADD so I am anxious and unable to focus most of the time, unless i'm doing cult work. It keeps me level and puts me in a rhythm.

I am on a lot of SSRIs and other neurotransmitter medications so I am unable to take the sacrament. Whatever weight is leftover after the giving, I put into gummies, capsules, chocolates and ice cubes/frozen tea and give that shit away too.

My ultimate goal is to proliferate actives genetics to help people in need of natural medicine and inner healing, those that may not have access to such things. If I can do that little boon to the world I somehow find I sleep sounder at night and wake up each day with a renewed sense of purpose.

I think it is important to have these conversations to help us stay focused and present so that we can achieve balance in our lives

What is this place to you? What is cultivation for you?

--------------------
=============

XI πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ XI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 7
    #28844571 - 07/10/24 04:41 AM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

Personally I just like the idea that I have knowledge that I can Lorde over people daily.

Oh I also love growing mushrooms and have done so for the last 26 years as well as having a commercial oyster farm.

The itch started with actives but pretty much just became a general love for all things mycology.

Now I just enjoy growing out new species but I guess that's all a part of the process.

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #28844572 - 07/10/24 04:50 AM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

DERRAYLD said:
Personally I just like the idea that I have knowledge that I can Lorde over people daily.

:yesnod:

--------------------
=============

Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #28844579 - 07/10/24 05:05 AM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

:money:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: tripdawg420]
    #28844583 - 07/10/24 05:08 AM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

tripdawg420 said:
:money:

:volcano:

--------------------
=============

OfflineContactUFO
Viva La Mushroom
Male

Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 3
    #28844610 - 07/10/24 05:46 AM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

First, i got into it because i wanted to finally take shrooms again after somewhat like 20 years.

Then i got amazed by the process and all the details coming with it (Agar, Grain, Sterile Work, Bulk, growing etc).

I'm satisfied by the whole process, triggering my neuroplasticity and learning something completely new.

Now, that i'm growing a shitload of shrooms, i do chocolate for preservation (and will for sure also try gummies and tea, just for the sake of it).

i'm also making Microdosing Capsule for family, myself and other.

Doing it for myself, and to spread the love among others who need/want it

Edited by ContactUFO (07/10/24 06:30 AM)

OfflineArkaNautS
Grumpy Meat Goblin
 User Gallery

Re: what's in it for you? [Re: ContactUFO] * 7
    #28844701 - 07/10/24 07:26 AM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

When I was a little tyke, my favorite ghostbuster was Eagon Spengler.  He was this supergenius, confronting and overcoming the supernatural with technology.  I dressed up as him and went around quoting his introductory line, β€œI collect spores, molds, and fungus.”  For a guy whose knowledge is mostly in engineering and particle physics, his hobby is collecting, categorizing, and caring for the slimy, creepy stuff that grows on the waste products of the world. 

My grandfather was a university level science education teacher.  He used to take me to his lab and have me help him prep demonstrations for his class.  He had collected rare reagents and equipment over the years.  He dealt with the uncertainty of the world through science.  You could say he specialized in finding students who struggled, and showing them that science isn’t some unapproachable magic, it’s just simple, provable/demonstrable concepts, which build on top of each other.  Many of these students ended up in science careers, and speak of him in reverential terms. 

My career is in science, but it’s easy to get mired in the business aspects, the personalities, the corruption.  I’m barely involved in the bench science aspect.

So now that I’m creating my own home laboratory, where I can pluck a mushroom from my lawn and analyze it, grow it in controlled settings, and confer with sages to identify it, I have that feeling of investigating the natural world to learn its secrets.  I’m unlikely to turn this into a money making venture, although that’s not off the table.

In addition, while there’s certainly science to be done in the home production of any drug, shrooms are special.  You’d need to eat pounds of shrooms in a single session to geniuinely endanger your life, but even a microdoss can be life changing, and a couple of grams is plenty to have a really lovely Saturday.  People don’t take these daily, because there’s a built in refractory period.  Same reason people don’t get addicted to them.  A growing body of evidence demonstrates their usefulness in treating a wide array of mental challenges.  They’re illegal because Nixon hated hippies, and just as marijuana is now legal for recreational use in many us states, decriminalizing mushrooms are likely not far away. I’ve always been a bit rebellious, and cultivating actives hits the right notes of dangerous, but not THAT dangerous. 

I can even grow edible mushrooms, which themselves are a legitimate business, and a perfectly good reason to own all of this equipment and ingredients.  I haven’t started growing them, but I really like β€˜em and that’s its own exciting prospect. 

The fairly rapid turnaround time and forgivable nature of mycelium is part of it, too.  Plants tend to have much longer growing seasons, and a higher bar to entry for growing indoors if you want to give them everything they really need.  Someday I’d love to grow perfect strawberries indoors, but there are so many more failure points.  By contrast, a successful mushroom grow just needs a speck of mycelium or spores, sterile grains, clean spawn, and comfortable room temperature. 

I could go on and on, haven’t even mentioned meeting the lovely people on this forum who are so willing to help!  Mushroom people are my kind of people.  I love seeing this mycelial web expand!

Onlinemnj
Rad Visuospatial Sketchpad
Male

Loc: Inner Space
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: ContactUFO] * 5
    #28844705 - 07/10/24 07:29 AM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

Hey fid, cool question.

I like that cult work puts you in a rhythm and helps to keep you from pinball-ing.  I greatly benefit from having a project to focus on; it helps quiet the mind-chatter and calms my feelings of restlessness.

I started cult because I was so enamored with the psychedelic experience that I couldn't leave it behind. The magical overtones, the interaction with the world through heightened/augmented senses, music, feeling connected to everyone who came before me + who is here now + everyone who ever will be, the beauty of observing nature, of catching a patch of stars through a gap in the clouds, and of course the giggles shared between me and my friends, or between me and my furniture :lol:

I had so much to explore, but access to the experience was rare and hard to come by. Found Shroomery through a friend (who also taught me pf tek) and got hooked on learning. I would never again be without access to the psychedelic experience, or the funnies thread.

I've taken years off cult, always come back. Always learn more each time, always re-learn things I forgot I already learned. Always get that giddy feeling when starting a new project.

:mushroom2: Nowadays I like the process as much as the product.

:mushroom2: I like seeing a golden/crimson cap peeking up through the soil in a potted plant.

:mushroom2: That sense of fulfillment from providing loved ones with microdoses

:mushroom2: Culting means my house is clean

:mushroom2: Those nights on the patio after a half gram of penis envy, vibing with the sounds of nature and letting my mind wander, nothing better

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: ArkaNaut]
    #28844736 - 07/10/24 07:55 AM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

:yesnod:

Funny you say that I have a friend here by the same username and tagline lol. That’s awesome though. I loved that movie. Thanks for sharing that and taking the time to make it impactful and funny.
β€œβ€¦because Nixon hated nipples..”
:cheers:

--------------------
=============

OfflineArkaNautS
Grumpy Meat Goblin
 User Gallery

#28844846 - 07/10/24 09:01 AM (9 days, 7 hours ago)

:lol: pretty sure his hippie hatred was tied to a nipple hatred too :lol:

Invisibledna24
Darth Randal
 User Gallery

Loc: Savages
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 4
    #28844881 - 07/10/24 09:13 AM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Id say first and foremost, always loved mushrooms since i was a child. Then i love to grow, anything really, i grow plants, fungi, slime mold, insects, arachnids, whatever. The challenges of different species or organism needing its own biome and time frames. I like how things i learned from homebrewing and cooking transition so well into cultivation.
I also love to go hunt/foray for any and all species in the wild. Ive collected tissue samples and spore prints that ive used to cultivate and that satisfaction is one most dont talk about.
I really love id forays, out with the whole nine, reagents and loupes and digging under logs.
I like that places like this exist with lots of knowledge on things that arent cubes. My latest kick has been learning macro photography so i can try to make my own awesome tiny mushroom and slime molds shots. Which has enabled me to intertwine another hobby of 3d printing into all this(making camera equiment). All of this gets me out of bed, helps to fight off depression, challenges me mentally and physically, gives me the drive to be outside and exploring and for stuff most people dont or wont notice, has feed me more than once and incorporates multiple hobbies from past to present.

--------------------

Onlinenotthatsorry
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what's in it for you? [Re: dna24] * 6
    #28844908 - 07/10/24 09:29 AM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

• Mycology in general is exciting since there are still so many unknowns, and citizen scientists can make actual contributions, which is rare in most fields. (Astrophotography is the only other field I'm aware of where amateurs regularly contribute to the scientific record, though that's changing as more all sky observatories come online).
  • It's illegal, but relatively low risk and low harm, and I believe it's good for the soul to break the law on a regular basis, as inoculation against the insidious belief that the law is Right or Just.
  • It's a skill acquisition rabbit hole where the bottom is genetic manipulation using tools like CRISPR, and while I'll (likely) never get that far down, there are years of enjoyable skill acquisition in the hobby.
  • It's a good companion hobby for gardening and house/aquarium plant tissue culture, both of which I was engaged in prior.
  • Drugs are pretty cool, I guess.

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: notthatsorry] * 1
    #28844913 - 07/10/24 09:32 AM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

notthatsorry said:
  • Mycology in general is exciting since there are still so many unknowns, and citizen scientists can make actual contributions, which is rare in most fields. (Astrophotography is the only other field I'm aware of where amateurs regularly contribute to the scientific record, though that's changing as more all sky observatories come online).
  • It's illegal, but relatively low risk and low harm, and I believe it's good for the soul to break the law on a regular basis, as inoculation against the insidious belief that the law is Right or Just.
  • It's a skill acquisition rabbit hole where the bottom is genetic manipulation using tools like CRISPR, and while I'll (likely) never get that far down, there are years of enjoyable skill acquisition in the hobby.
  • It's a good companion hobby for gardening and house/aquarium plant tissue culture, both of which I was engaged in prior.

This resonated with me. Relatively low-risk. Just dangerous enough.. it’s oddly zesty and satisfying. I like the rabbit hole analogy. I have also thought of this and wondered if I should go back to school for microbiology, but I’ll just work on my oyster/reishi farm for now.

--------------------
=============

Offlineboxtrotalpha
Peon

Loc: The rings of Saturn
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 6
    #28844949 - 07/10/24 09:56 AM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Cheap medicine.

I came to realize that the only time in my life when I wasn't feeling suicidal levels of depression was when I was regularly taking mushrooms in my early twenties. Years of therapy and pharmaceuticals later it's still here. Started taking shrooms again and after even a small dose of like a gram it's gone for days. I genuinely can't express how good that feels unless you've been there.

Anyway shits to expensive to buy from other people and I'm not a dummy so I figured I'd give it a shot

Onlinenotthatsorry
Stranger
 User Gallery

#28845043 - 07/10/24 11:11 AM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

fiddle_head said:
Quote:

notthatsorry said:

This resonated with me. Relatively low-risk. Just dangerous enough.. it’s oddly zesty and satisfying. I like the rabbit hole analogy. I have also thought of this and wondered if I should go back to school for microbiology, but I’ll just work on my oyster/reishi farm for now.

Yea, I think it's a good balance of risk to reward, like growing pot was before my state legalized it. -Probably- its fine unless you're careless, you get to break the law, and you have some nice drugs with minimal negative side effects at the end of it.

As for going back to school, if you're a self directed learner, there's lots of good introductory texts available to steal online. Introduction to Fungi by Webster and Webster is really good and gives you a good feel for what studying microbiology probably entails in an academic setting. I had to go out and get some intro cell biology texts to supplement it though.

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28845084 - 07/10/24 11:54 AM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

Do you by any chance have a working link? Can’t seem to find it on libgen

--------------------
=============

Onlinenotthatsorry
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 4
    #28845122 - 07/10/24 12:23 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Yep!

https://www.libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=95B743BF194D41CFCA46DC6D52CBB93F

Nicholas P. Money (what a name) has written some good stuff that straddles the pop-science line, in addition to coauthoring some legit text books, if you want some lighter reading on the same subject.

https://www.libgen.is/search.php?req=Nicholas%20P.%20Money&column[]=author

Offlinefiddle_head
sporophyte
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28845133 - 07/10/24 12:30 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Wow thank you kindly. These look like some good resources to draw from.

--------------------
=============

OfflineSmellit
Stranger
Re: what's in it for you? [Re: fiddle_head] * 2
    #28845159 - 07/10/24 12:46 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

A source of medicine in my case. Suffered with depression and anxiety for a long time, and tried various antidepressants without any good outcome.

OfflineBlueberry Muffin
Muffin

Re: what's in it for you? [Re: boxtrotalpha] * 1
    #28845268 - 07/10/24 02:15 PM (9 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

boxtrotalpha said:
Cheap medicine.

I came to realize that the only time in my life when I wasn't feeling suicidal levels of depression was when I was regularly taking mushrooms in my early twenties. Years of therapy and pharmaceuticals later it's still here. Started taking shrooms again and after even a small dose of like a gram it's gone for days. I genuinely can't express how good that feels unless you've been there.

Anyway shits to expensive to buy from other people and I'm not a dummy so I figured I'd give it a shot

I resonate with this. Plus this community is awesome and there's nothing more beautiful than growing your own mushrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals